Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Vaginal Fantasy General > VF Update: Hangouts Ending

Comments Showing 1-50 of 66 (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Felicia, Grand Duchess (new)

Felicia (feliciaday) | 740 comments Mod
Hey all!
I want to post some news -- As of Tuesday night, the VF Hangouts with me, Kiala, Bonnie and Veronica will be ending.

It has been a long time coming, our schedules have been so hard to juggle last 6 months, Veronica's job and Bonnie's moving and my baby and other jobs that take me out of town, everything has made it very difficult to keep the hangout going. I feel like we haven't been putting the efforts into book choices like we used to either, and our participation on the forums and chat have been greatly reduced as well, which has made me feel so bad.

All this adds up to the decision to end the Hangouts itself. But the forum for the forseeable future will NOT BE ENDING! Discord will keep going too! Thanks to Sean Sandalookilook, VF will continue to do group reads as long as the community would like to continue. I will be checking back a lot to see what's up and even reading along with you guys when the book piques me fancy.

Personally I am going to be starting a podcast where I recommend a book a week, and although it won't be romance all the time, I'm sure there will be some bleed over, so don't look for me to disappear entirely! I love this group, 6 years is an ETERNITY in internet-time, so I'm proud of what we've done, and the fact that we've introduced romance books to so many who might not have given them a chance.

So thank you to each and everyone one of you, especially the local groups that created friendships IRL from an online club, I'm so proud of you and hope that you will have many vaginal fantasies to continue in your future.
See you Tuesday for our Hangout!
oxox
Felicia

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah Marae I’ve been with the group since the beginning and it’s actually kind of weird to have it end. Six years is a long time! Thanks for those years and all those great books and conversations!! It’s been great<3

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (theloudlady) | 180 comments End of an era. Kushiel’s Dart, the sixth hang out is when I joined.

This book club introduced me to a lot of great authors and people. I hope through continued discussions on goodreads, discord & the podcast I will find more.

message 4: by PointyEars42 (last edited Mar 18, 2018 11:39PM) (new)

PointyEars42 | 476 comments There since the beginning and sad to see it go. I'll never forget Gabriel's Ghost. I've tried. Oh, how I've tried :)

message 5: by Rune (new)

Rune | 43 comments Will you or one of the girls be putting up book choices? I understand that life is a thing and it happens to us all.

Who knows maybe in a year or two you girls will have more settled lives and might be able to return :)

Best of luck to each of you!

Rune

message 6: by Robert (new)

Robert Collins Sad to see the hangouts end, but life does happen. Nice to hear about the podcast. Felicia. I have found some good books from seeing what you've read and liked. I will certainly subscribe when it goes live!

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
Rune wrote: "Will you or one of the girls be putting up book choices? I understand that life is a thing and it happens to us all."

For now, books will be chosen by poll as they were when the group went on hiatus, unless one of the hosts wants to make a recommendation. There may be a reunion at a later date, especially if participation in the group remains strong, but don't expect anything in the near future. It is, unfortunately, the rare exception when any creative project comes back once the creators have moved on to new things. Still, Felicia herself is part of MST3K, so anything's possible.

message 8: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin I've been here since the beginning, and I'm sad to see it go. I suspect that something I always thought hindered discussion (local groups - why bother discussing here on Goodreads when you'll be meeting up with your friends to discuss) will help this continue on without the ladies though, so that's good for anyone who was lucky enough to participate that way.

message 9: by Kerstin (new)

Kerstin (nemiqt) | 66 comments Thanks Felicia for starting this. Without you I wouldn't have met my wonderful friends I made in my local group Viking Booty.

We love you gals and will miss your hangouts but Viking Booty will keep on reading smut and have the best time doing it. ;-) xoxo

message 10: by Crisp (new)

Crisp (crispi) | 120 comments It's so weird to think we won't be catching up with you guys every month anymore. Thank you for 6 years' worth of hangouts - this will definitely push me to look you up on Discord!

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa (lunalyssable) | 4 comments Meeting with my Vaginal Fantasy local chapter, Cloudy with a Chance of Clit Lit, has encouraged me to read more, introduced me to great stories I'd never have picked up on my own, and allowed me to meet several wonderful, bookish people. Our chapter will continue on, but I will miss the live streams. Thank you for all of the discussions, the laughs and for the fun, smutty reads!

message 12: by Shannon P. (new)

Shannon P. | 9 comments I’ve been tuning in since the beginning and I’m so sad to see the hangouts end. Thank you for all the great memories and discussions, I have picked up many books here that would’ve been passed over on the shelf otherwise. I’ll try to stay active here when I can.

message 13: by Mimi (new)

Mimi (1stavenue) | 9 comments Thank you, ladies, for creating this group and making genre romances so fun to read! I never really enjoyed them until I joined the group and started connecting with other like-minded readers. The first book I read along with was Outlander, a reread for me but it was really fun getting back into that world and seeing you ladies discuss it in detail. Thank you for 6 wonderful years and a ton of smutty books.

message 14: by Lisa (new)

Lisa I’m so, so sad!! I love this group.

message 15: by Bonnie (last edited Mar 20, 2018 05:42PM) (new)

Bonnie | 24 comments Once Upon A Time.....
THE END!
Thanks to you all for the most entertaining, inebriated, fun 6-year run of the most excellent book club ever. Best to you all: you will be missed!

message 16: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Turner (plainkayla) | 78 comments It seems strange and sad to see this ending.
I started watching the hangouts, alone in my room, when I was a new mom (of a now 6 year old) longing for friends and a sense of community,

Now, 6 years later, I meet with close friends (who I met through starting my local chapter!) each month to bond over the month's picks.

It seems such a full circle, and a bittersweet feeling having to say "good bye".

I am glad the forums will continue, my local chapter will continue, but things definitely won't be the same.

Thank you for the happiness you've brought to all of us in this group!

message 17: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 12 comments I’m sad to see the hangouts end, but 6 years is a long time and I’m grateful that you ladies have given us so much of your time! This book club has introduced me to so many books that I otherwise wouldn’t have read. I never would have picked Cuthulurotica (spelling??) on my own! Thanks for all the fun times!

message 18: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 21 comments One final tiny wine. 🍷

message 19: by Brittany (new)

Brittany (nerdyspinster) | 255 comments And suddenly "One Last Time" from Hamilton popped into my head when I thought about tonight being the last hangout. :(

message 20: by Trina (last edited Mar 20, 2018 12:03PM) (new)

Trina Dubya (trina_dubya) Have fun at tonight's hangout! I have rehearsal, so I won't be there, but I am so grateful for all the hangouts I've enjoyed watching (most after the fact) and for the books I've found through VFBC. May Felicia, Bonnie, Kiala, Veronica, and everyone else who helped make it happen continue to inspire and do amazing things! Thanks for all you do.

message 21: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Kitson | 68 comments I first joined back in 2015. If it wasnt for this club, i wouldnt have come across a lot of good books (as romance wasn't really on my radar)

Thank you for all the fun hangouts, and for introducing me to a genre i've overlooked.

message 22: by Joey (new)

Joey Couture | 7 comments While his was for the 5th year anniversary, it sill holds up well for the finale of the hangout. Love all of you girls and wish you the best of luck in the future!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKBt-...

<3

-Joey Couture

message 23: by Julia (new)

Julia | 6 comments When I started watching Vaginal Fantasy I was living in a new country where I did not speak the language. It meant so much to me to be able to watch your monthly shows and laugh along. Thanks for everything you have done and I am looking forward to Felicia's new podcast. Much love to everyone and I hope that we will hear more from Bonnie, Kiala, Veronica and Felicia.

message 24: by Robin (last edited Mar 20, 2018 07:08PM) (new)

Robin YaBlind | 79 comments I picked up a tiny champagne to celebrate the last hangout! 🍾

I'm sad to see it end but excited for new possibilities, especially Felicia's podcast. Hopefully Bonnie, Veronica, Kiala, and honorary host Tom Lenk can come on as guests sometime, or maybe post a little something like the alt vlogs in the future. You never know how things might work out later on. Thanks for all the laughs and for creating this incredible community. Cheers! 🥂

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (cozyuptocrime) | 46 comments I'll miss seeing you ladies every month, but yay for Felicia starting a podcast! I'm looking forward to it!

message 26: by Ariadne (new)

Ariadne (ariadnemm) | 17 comments I really can't believe it's been 6 years! I've been reading with you guys since the first hangout. What a ride! I loved to read titles I would never encounter on my own and discover new authors! The hangout discussions were amazing!! Looking forward to Felicia's podcast!! All the best to Kiala, Bonnie, Felicia and Veronica! It was EPIC!

message 27: by Megan (new)

Megan Been watching from the beginning as well. Thank you so much for the wonderful 6 years, I've loved listening to you guys month after month and it's going to be hard to imagine not having a hangout to look forward to each month. Wishing you all the best in future endeavors, and thanking you for all the wonderful times and fantastic books I've picked up as a result : )

message 28: by Shelley (new)

Shelley | 22 comments Thanks for all the fun, the good and the bad books, and mostly lots and lots of laughs!

message 29: by Crystal (new)

Crystal (crystalz06) | 8 comments So sad for no more hang outs!! I joined Goodreads just to be a part of this book club years ago. I will continue to read along, and hope to keep the discussion going.
Felicia - you rock! I will look out for your podcast. Thanks Ladies and Sean! =)

message 30: by Brenna (new)

Brenna Gregory (kitsubug) | 2 comments I’ve looked so hard for the discord and I can’t find it. Anyone know it?

message 31: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
Please use the following invite to join the Discord. All others are set to be deleted.

https://discord.gg/QtETnmF

message 32: by nil (new)

nil (nilnil) I has a sad! It has been a good run. <3 Much love to you all.

message 33: by Christina (new)

Christina (daria1275) | 229 comments I just found this out! I am so sad, but I know it represents the next chapters in your lives. I have met some truly great people IRL through this club. Thank you guys all for your time and all the laughter. Cheers!

message 34: by Abby (new)

Abby | 2 comments It's strange - I only recently started to pick back up with VF. I found it years ago, thought it was cool, watched a few, and about a month ago jumped in and started reading. I am going to start these from the beginning and participate retroactively in the archives! Best wishes to all of you in this next phase!

message 35: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (chewbecca) I totally understand and wish all of you the best of luck. This club got me back in to reading as an adult. Kushiel’s’s Dart changed my life. I read it and haven’t stopped reading since. Thank you all so much for your 6 years of great books and videos. <3

message 36: by Klaudia (new)

Klaudia (dianablackmoon) I just hope I found you earlier not right before the hangout ending :(

message 37: by Kara (new)

Kara | 11 comments I am heartbroken at the news.

But, I do understand.

It has been a wonderful 6 years for me. I've read a lot of books that I would've walked by without this group. Some fantastic, causing me to look in to the other works done by the authors. A lot of ok's. A number of meh's. I managed to have only one book that I was unable to finish. Not to bad I think overall,

The hangouts were always a nice time, to sit, watch you ladies, laugh along with you, and have a nice beverage. OK, maybe more than one beverage, at times. It brought joy in to my world.

Thank you for starting this group and your time over the years.

message 38: by Candyinmyheels (new)

Candyinmyheels | 24 comments Thanks for making me feel included and part of a fun community during a time when I felt very alone IRL!!! And this led to me meeting people and being part of an in-person VF book club. It's been a great ride!

message 39: by Candyinmyheels (new)

Candyinmyheels | 24 comments It sounded like there might be one more video meet up in April-- did I make that up? Is there a date?

message 40: by Louie (new)

Louie (rmutt1914) | 21 comments Candyinmyheels wrote: "It sounded like there might be one more video meet up in April-- did I make that up? Is there a date?"

There will be one more hangout in April to say farewell, since Kiala was sick on the 20th. A specific date has not been set yet.

message 41: by Queen (new)

Queen Talk Talk (queentalktalk) | 15 comments Thank you for continuing the group. Sorry to here the videos are ending. They were enteraining.

message 42: by Yuvi (new)

Yuvi | 3 comments I am so sorry to hear that hangouts are coming to an end, but I completely understand. Thank you for keeping it going for as long as you did! I look forward to continuing the group here at Goodreads and around other social media. Looking forward to your recommendations podcasts Felicia.

message 43: by Jemma (new)

Jemma (misschocobo) | 34 comments Wow it's been six years?! I've been here since episode four I think and it's been a blast! Thank you all and your tiny wine!

message 44: by V (new)

V | 124 comments Thank you ladies for six years of smut!

Thank you for introducing me to Kresley Cole, one of my favorite romance writers. I never would have read the IAD series if not for this club.

I will miss the hangouts so much.

message 45: by Ziba (last edited Mar 28, 2018 06:00PM) (new)

Ziba (zebraradar) THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING FELICIA & FRIENDS!!!! #ZIBAZLIBRARIAN

message 46: by Somebodygirl (new)

Somebodygirl | 1 comments Oh no!! I just joined. There is nothing worse than being so late to the party, that as you're walking up the driveway, everyone else is leaving. It sounds like I missed an incredible time. I will stick around and hope that there is still some activity and good bookly conversations.

message 47: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (welachild) | 1 comments Felicia, Bonnie, Veronica, and Kiala: Thank you so much for creating and hosting this book club. I'm not super active online but I read many of the books and watched every hangout. VF has been a part of my life for so long so I'm glad this group will continue on. Thanks Sean! I will probably stay fairly silent but I'll be reading every month with the group.

message 48: by Karmen (new)

Karmen | 1 comments It would be great if you would be able to provide a list of all the books you've covered.

message 49: by Malaraa (new)

Malaraa | 335 comments Karmen wrote: "It would be great if you would be able to provide a list of all the books you've covered."

That would just be the groups read shelf - https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

:)

message 50: by Nott (last edited Apr 03, 2018 12:23PM) (new)

Nott | 3 comments Laura wrote: "End of an era. Kushiel’s Dart, the sixth hang out is when I joined.

This book club introduced me to a lot of great authors and people. I hope through continued discussions on goodreads, discord &..."

Same here. This club opened me up to books I probably would have never read. Favorites never discovered. Kushiel's Dart will always have a special place on my shelf (esp. since Felicia signed it at con). Thanks for all the good memories!

« previous 1