Pubslush Literary Corner discussion

General Discussion > Coffee Shop Writing

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pubslush (new)

Pubslush | 70 comments Mod
What space do you love to write in? What is your favorite coffee shop to put pen to paper (or hands to keyboard) and write? Join the discussion and share your creative space for a chance to be featured on our blog!

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael Obiora (michael_obiora) | 7 comments Inspiral restaurant/cafe/bar in Camden, North London. Nice canal view for inspiration whilst writing, and of course enjoying some gluten free food at the same time!

message 3: by Zara (new)

Zara Hoffman (authzh) | 6 comments I love Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, but I don't get to go there often. I mostly go to the closest Starbucks to write and edit my novels.

message 4: by Lynn Seldon (new)

Lynn Seldon I love writing at a place called The Flying Pig on Oak Island, North Carolina. It's where much of my new novel, Virginia's Ring, was written. It was published after a highly-successful Pubslush campaign.

message 5: by Senta (new)

Senta Holland (sentaholland) | 4 comments I am a seasonal coffee shop writer: although I wrote my first three novels in the same Starbucks (walk there, write for four hours, walk back in the rain desperately protecting my laptop)I am now moving around the most inspiring coffee shops in town. Starbucks, French Vanilla, Starbucks, Costa, Starbucks (all different Starbucks!), Au bon pain.
Important: High footfall but low music so that I can put my earplugs in and create my own soundscape, and a view with a lot of movement. People, river, fast flowing traffic, wind in the willows...

message 6: by Erma (new)

Erma Talamante (eitalamante) | 14 comments My favorite is Flying Star in Albuquerque NM. Me and my brother have spent countless hours at Flying Stars around town typing frantically. Good coffee, tea, and loads of sweets to keep a writer fueled!

message 7: by Dan (new)

Dan Polley (polleydan) | 1 comments I love Colectivo in Milwaukee, Wis.

message 8: by Senta (new)

Senta Holland (sentaholland) | 4 comments Can we have a globally moving coffee shop, a big balloon that floats serenely over the landscapes and city scapes, where writers are served stiumlating drinks and soothed by nice breezes?

message 9: by Pubslush (new)

Senta wrote: "Can we have a globally moving coffee shop, a big balloon that floats serenely over the landscapes and city scapes, where writers are served stiumlating drinks and soothed by nice breezes?"

That sounds lovely - sign us up

message 10: by Senta (new)

Senta Holland (sentaholland) | 4 comments Pubslush wrote: "Senta wrote: "Can we have a globally moving coffee shop, a big balloon that floats serenely over the landscapes and city scapes, where writers are served stiumlating drinks and soothed by nice bree..."
I was kind of hoping YOU would sign US up... :)

message 11: by Pubslush (new)

Senta wrote: "Pubslush wrote: "Senta wrote: "Can we have a globally moving coffee shop, a big balloon that floats serenely over the landscapes and city scapes, where writers are served stiumlating drinks and soo..."

Where does one go large balloon shopping?

message 12: by Eli (new)

Eli Kittim (eliofkittim) | 2 comments I prefer to write while relaxing at my local Starbucks in Astoria, Queens. Without everyday sights to inspire creative motion and without large doses of caffeine in my veins, I could never write.

message 13: by Senta (new)

Senta Holland (sentaholland) | 4 comments Pubslush wrote: "Senta wrote: "Pubslush wrote: "Senta wrote: "Can we have a globally moving coffee shop, a big balloon that floats serenely over the landscapes and city scapes, where writers are served stiumlating ..."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_air_...

message 14: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (olivia_boler) | 1 comments My local branch library. I have to keep my butt in the chair in order to "guard" my laptop and things—no excuses like doing the dishes or folding laundry that I have at home. :)