Play Book Tag discussion

So, Anyway...
This topic is about So, Anyway...
March 2018: Autobiography > So, Anyway... by John Cleese - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by annapi (last edited Mar 18, 2018 08:01PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

annapi | 5129 comments John Cleese's autobiography is written almost as humorously as the Monty Python sketches he co-wrote and performed in. I found his upbringing and school experiences fascinating, and it was interesting to see how he fell into his eventual career when he was on track to becoming a lawyer. Luckily for the world, he ended up doing what he discovered he loved and was good at. While I thought the last half of the book was a bit long, with a lot of detail about how they wrote and rehearsed their various shows, I was a bit disappointed he didn't go more into his personal life, particularly his marriages. I was hoping to hear more about the wife that he had a bitter divorce with, as he mentioned in one of his shows that I saw him in a few years ago that he was forced to go on tour to earn money for his alimony payments. I also wish he had gone more into detail about Fawlty Towers. But nevertheless what he did write about was interesting and his wry wit is hilarious. Lots of laugh-out-loud moments in this book, though more in the first half than the last. I enjoyed the pictures too but it's difficult to see them in the Kindle as you can't expand them. Any Monty Python fan would love this book.

Jason Oliver | 2088 comments I love Cleese. Hate he left parts out but adding to TBR.