Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Sunburn
This topic is about Sunburn
Group Read - Sunburn > Group Read - Sunburn General discussion No Spoilers

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments We've selected Laura Lippman's Sunburn as one of our 2018 group read books. A noir novel in the style of classic noir such as James M Cain's The Postman Always Rings Twice; it is a page turner. Are you planning on reading the book? If so we invite you to join in the discussion when you are able. Chapter threads will come shortly.
NO SPOILERS on this topic please.

Sherry  | 3620 comments i have it on my queue to read. hopefully sooner than later.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments I am uploading it into iTunes as we speak, but not sure if I will bump it up over the others, have so many group reads to get caught up on first!

message 4: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Carol and Sherry: Sunburn is a really good book! 😀

James Emery | 14 comments I'm new to the board and want to jump into the group reads. I'm going to put this next on my list, being a fan of noir. Looking forward to it.

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments Oh good, James, I'm glad you are jumping right in. This should be a good one to start with.

message 7: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments James-Great! we look forward to your joining in the discussions. A group read can make even a so-so book more interesting as we dive in. 😀

James wrote: "I'm new to the board and want to jump into the group reads. I'm going to put this next on my list, being a fan of noir. Looking forward to it."

message 8: by Ceelee (last edited Jun 01, 2018 11:29AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ceelee | 205 comments I started Sunburn this week. I am reading an ARC copy as I was sent it back in January but with everything going on with my mom and after her death I just didn't get around to reading it before it came out. So I hope my version doesn't differ much from the actual published version!

message 9: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (annrumsey) | 14407 comments Ceelee: I have read a few ARC copies over the years and have wondered what might change with the published version of a book. I should have kept them to compare but didn't. Looking forward to your impressions of Sunburn!

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (last edited Jun 13, 2018 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 7900 comments I also have wondered about the difference between various ARC's and the published version. I read the ARC of All the Beautiful Lies and now have a published version but too much trouble to go back and compare. If I ever see Peter I will ask him. Also might be a good question to ask any author in an author event but I'm sure it's different with each book. What do they say to reviewers about what to rely on when writing a review of a book from an ARC?