Play Book Tag discussion

The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo
March 2018: Autobiography > The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo - 3 Stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

~*Kim*~ | 491 comments Amy Schumer is best known for her first movie, "Trainwreck", and for being a stand up comedian. This is her first book.

The book started off on a good foot and had me laughing for the first few chapters, then it started to go downhill. From the middle of the book on, I only got a few laughs. Overall I was disappointed in it and only gave it 3 stars because there were actually sections that made me laugh.

message 2: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6431 comments Yours is the fifth or so review I've seen of this book that really wasn't raving. It is so interesting to me that folks who write comedy for a living have trouble bringing it to their memoirs. Glad you got a few laughs out of it at least!

~*Kim*~ | 491 comments I enjoyed her in Trainwreck, so I wonder what she's like doing stand up in person.

message 4: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments I may be in the minority of people who really liked this. I thought it went above and beyond many celebrity memoirs nowadays. I appreciated the gun control thoughts as well- but it might be because I agree with her politically on the stance.

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments I saw her comedy routine in Chicago a couple years ago and thought she was hilarious. I have never planned on reading the book though because I agree that comedian's books usually aren't all that funny.

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments Except Chelsea Handler! I think her books are hilarious (most of them)

message 7: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments Tessa (FutureAuthor23) wrote: "Except Chelsea Handler! I think her books are hilarious (most of them)"

100% Agree! Chelsea's books are hilarious!!

~*Kim*~ | 491 comments Yes, I loved almost all of Chelsea's books.

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5801 comments Aren't you missing a comma (or three) in the title? ... LOL