J.D. Robb discussion

Archives > Book sour.... is it just me??.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ladyhawke (new)

Ladyhawke | 44 comments Here I am at the end of the series and I’m book sour. (Husband’s term) Have you even finished a great series and not quite ready to leave the world. U refuse to pick up another book because u don’t wAnt to leave that particular world. And u try to read another book but it’s hard to get into anything else. My husband calls that being book sour. He is an ass. And his reply is to grow a pair and grab another series. Does this only happen to me?? Any suggestions as to where to go from here? I’m a space opera chick... but I like romance ..... and police procedurals... (I tried to read unsung hero and almost tossed my iPad in the bbq grill.) any suggestions??

message 2: by Maggie (new)

Maggie | 1470 comments If you can get past Unsung Hero, the rest of the series is FANTASTIC! I struggled through Hero, but loved all the other books.
Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.
R. Ward
Winston Brothers series by Penny Reid
Dare Valley and Dare River series by Ava Miles
Rock Chick and Dream Man series by Kristen Ashley
are a few of my favorite series.

Barbara "Cookie" Serfaty Williams (goodreadscomcookiew1801) | 1333 comments One of my favorite is in death by JD Robb or vampire for hire by rain and a new favorite Highland heartbeats by Aileen Adams, Kodiak Point by Eve Langlais

message 4: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 13518 comments Mod
Ladyhawke, Troubleshooters hits its stride by #3 and it’s like a totally different series. Ditto what Maggie said about it.

I know exactly how you feel about reaching the end of a series that consumed you. That’s how I felt about the In Death series. Just ended up re-reading it two more times:)

I might also suggest the following series:

I-Team by Pamela Clare (Romantic Suspense)
Last Chance Rescue by Christy Reece (Romantic Suspense)
Cold Justice by Toni Anderson (Romantic Suspense)
Boys of Bishop by Molly O’Keefe (Contemporary Romance)
Bulletproof by Brenda Novak (Romantic Suspense)
Whiskey Creek by Brenda Novak (Contemporary Romance)
Extreme Exposure (I-Team, #1) by Pamela Clare Rescue Me (Last Chance Rescue, #1) by Christy Reece A Cold Dark Place (Cold Justice, #1) by Toni Anderson Wild Child (Boys of Bishop, #1) by Molly O'Keefe Inside (Bulletproof, #1) by Brenda Novak When Lightning Strikes (Whiskey Creek, #1) by Brenda Novak

message 5: by Amrita (new)

Amrita | 49 comments Have you read the DD Warren series by Lisa Gardner?

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 958 comments Amrita wrote: "Have you read the DD Warren series by Lisa Gardner?"

This is a great series as is the Quincy/Rainie series. There are some cross over books so I would start with Q/R first - The Perfect Husband (Quincy & Rainie, #1) by Lisa Gardner

Other fantastic police procedurals:

Detective Erika Foster by Robert Bryndza (the first book is a Kindle freebie, I think)
Kate Burkholder by Linda Castillo
Diane Fallon by Beverly Connor
Rizzoli & Isles by Tess Gerritsen
Jack Danies by J. A. Konrath (this one is quite violent so it may not be to everyone's tastes)
Darby McCormick by Chris Mooney
Grant County by Karin Slaughter (our series group read).

message 7: by Anita (last edited Mar 19, 2018 01:40PM) (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 754 comments The Evidence Series, first book Concrete Evidence (Evidence, #1) by Rachel Grant Concrete Evidence, by Rachel Grant is a great series.

I agree with Jonetta about:
I-Team by Pamela Clare
Last Chance Rescue by Christy Reece
Cold Justice by Toni Anderson
Troubleshooters by Suzanne Brockmann

message 8: by Lisa - (Aussie Girl) (last edited Mar 19, 2018 03:44PM) (new)

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 595 comments Another shout out for the Troubleshooters. Try and stick with it, by book 3 it is absolutely binge worthy.

If you read paranormal/fantasy Karen M Moning's Fever series is fantastic.

And Sandra Brown writes stand alone romantic suspense with so many twists and turns it is nearly impossible to predictably work out "who dunnit". I really enjoy reading her in between series reads.