UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Author Zone - Readers Welcome! > Latest reviews - where are they?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments I am fortunate enough to have quite a few reviews for one of my books. I know there is a new review by looking at my Author Dashboard. Is there any way of finding a new review other than by blindly scrolling through page after page?

Any help most welcome!

Cheers!

message 2: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (lyndawrites) | 1142 comments I'm sorry,, Stu, I don't have an answer. I wish I had.

The GR rating and review system is, frankly, shambolic. The reviews/ratings for Strictly Murder now run to 12 pages. The Author Dashboard will tell me there are new ones long before they actually show up. And when they do they are in no sort of order.

I found a new one from Tim Arnott today (thanks, Tim!), dated several days ago and slotted in amongst others that have been there for months, if not years.

They aren't arranged alphabetically by poster, nor chronologically. It's just a horrible mess.

Is there anything we can do about it, does anyone know?

message 3: by Katie (last edited Aug 22, 2014 07:21AM) (new)

Katie Stewart (katiewstewart) | 853 comments If you scroll down to 'Community Reviews' there's a tag that say's 'sort:default'. Put your cursor over that and another button comes up that allows you to sort by date. If you're lucky, the new ones come to the top. But not always. :(

I found a review today that I knew I had yesterday, but it just wasn't there. Today it arrived. It already had 5 likes and 6 comments, so SOMEBODY had been able to see it. Just not me.

Michael Cargill Cargill (michaelcargill) | 2997 comments Yeah, it drives me insane as well. I can see that the counter has gone up but the actual rating/review itself is nowhere to be found!

I know that the database links can take 24 hours to fully propagate, but even looking three days afterwards doesn't turn anything up.

message 5: by Stuart (new)

Stuart Ayris (stuayris) | 2666 comments Thank you kind people!

message 6: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Lynda wrote: "I found a new one from Tim Arnott today (thanks, Tim!), dated several days ago and slotted in amongst others that have been there for months, if not years."

Less of a review, and more of a sort of job/want ad... ;)

message 7: by Lynda (new)

Lynda Wilcox (lyndawrites) | 1142 comments Thanks, Katie. I've just tried that - yeah, not always :) Tim's is dated today and slotted in between two from October 2013!

Tim, I noticed, but you did give it 4 stars. Mwah. Hope you find a PA. :)

message 8: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments Yeah I spotted a typo, so I fixed it! (I said food instead of good...)

Thing is, there's not a lot you can say about a murder mystery without either giving something away or repeating the blurb. So, since the heroine is a PA, I went lateral! ;)

message 9: by Jonathan (last edited Aug 22, 2014 01:08PM) (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments I've had one more star rating for FAG than has been visible for several weeks now. I'd like to know where the heck it is!

message 10: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Jonathan wrote: "I've had one more star rating for FAG than has been visible for several weeks now. I'd like to know where the heck it is!"

If you go on your dashboard, then edit on the book in question, there is an option to refresh book rating stats. That's sorted missing ones for me in the past.

message 11: by Tim (new)

Tim | 9478 comments I don't have enough to lose any yet... (unless I've lost an awful lot!!)

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim | 21827 comments I'm secretly envious of someone who has so many reviews they cannot find one :-(

message 13: by David (new)

David Staniforth (davidstaniforth) | 7939 comments Haha, I don't have that many yet. Just one time it said their were 13 reviews, but only twelve were visible. Days later it was the same, but the refresh button sorted it.

message 14: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Hill | 1603 comments David wrote: "Jonathan wrote: "I've had one more star rating for FAG than has been visible for several weeks now. I'd like to know where the heck it is!"

If you go on your dashboard, then edit o..."

Thanks, David. I did as you suggested but nothing has appeared yet! I can see what the rating is (by clicking on the bar chart) but I just don't know who left it. It's not a major issue but it would be nice if it were all transparent.

message 15: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 29 comments My ratings and reviews keep disappearing. My count keeps going down.

message 16: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments I suppose I ought to look at mine. :)