Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > An edition that should be "uncombined"

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leah (new)

Leah (fictionfanaz) | 95 comments This is about the new Pushkin Press edition of The King in Yellow by RW Chambers.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

It has been combined with other books bearing the same title and by the same author. However, the Pushkin Press version only contains the first four stories of the whole collection, whereas the others have the full collection containing an additional six stories. I think therefore that the Pushkin Press edition should be uncombined and listed separately, since the reviews of the combined editions make it seem as if all ten stories will be included.

Here's the first listing of the combined edition containing all ten stories:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

I hope that all makes sense. Thanks for your help.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6664 comments Separated; librarian note left so that hopefully it won't be recombined.

message 3: by Leah (new)

Leah (fictionfanaz) | 95 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Separated; librarian note left so that hopefully it won't be recombined."

Thanks, Elizabeth - appreciated!

message 4: by Leah (new)

Leah (fictionfanaz) | 95 comments Hi again

Unfortunately this edition seems to have been recombined again. Is it possible to have it uncombined and something done to prevent this from continuing to happen? I know it's annoying that it has the same title and same author, but it's not the same book and the reviews are mostly misleading about what the reader will find in the book.

Thanks!

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 23778 comments Separated.

I've reinforced Elizabeth's Librarian Note & also added (4 Stories Only) to the title. Unfortunately there isn't anything that we can do to physically stopping it being re-combined.

message 6: by Leah (new)

Leah (fictionfanaz) | 95 comments Sandra wrote: "Separated.

I've reinforced Elizabeth's Librarian Note & also added (4 Stories Only) to the title. Unfortunately there isn't anything that we can do to physically stopping it being re-combined."

That's great - thanks, Sandra!