Play Book Tag discussion

40 views
Footnotes 2017-2018 > OT (totally): MLB Wellness Challenge

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (last edited Mar 18, 2018 09:00AM) (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Two of us PBT members (me and Tricia) host a wellness challenge on Facebook, and of course, we would welcome any PBT members who would like to join us (we already have a couple).

In a nutshell, here's how it works. You pick a baseball team to follow. Then, each day, you run, walk, bike, row (whatever) however many miles the team scores. The rules are lenient, but for example, if the Yankees score 3 runs on 4/1, on 4/2 I will run three miles. Some people with less fluid schedules give themselves the time period until the next series to complete their workouts. Others use a week. Some use the whole season.

Regardless, we have fun, get fit, and enjoy teasing one another.

Here's where to join us if you have interest.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/mlbmo...

Opening season starts on 3/29, so now is the time to sign up!


message 2: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7782 comments I am excited to join the challenge this year!


message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Ahh, I remember you telling us about this last year. I'm currently on a pre-wedding "trying to get fit" kick. So I will try my best to be in!!!

I requested the join- also now I see you on facebook! I don't think I'm friends with any PBTers on facebook.


message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Joi wrote: "Ahh, I remember you telling us about this last year. I'm currently on a pre-wedding "trying to get fit" kick. So I will try my best to be in!!!

I requested the join- also now I see you on faceboo..."


Hmm, oddly I don't see your request to join, Joi. Maybe it takes some time to come through. We certainly would love to have you! Feel free to friend me on FB, and then I'm thinking I can invite you :).

A


message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin | 7197 comments I'd join but I don't do FB enough. Love the idea, though!


message 6: by Chili (new)

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments I’d love to join. It sounds fun and I need some motivation to get moving after the winter hibernation.


message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8842 comments I have definitely been on a health and wellness challenge for myself, but I have no idea what it would feel like to tie it to baseball. I can say this, I am taking the plunge and I’m going to get on Facebook. And within the next two weeks.


message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Awesome Chili!! Please stop by and let us know the team you will be following.


message 9: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Look forward to seeing you on FB!! Please friend me 😊


message 10: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments if you don't watch the game add a mile. haha

This sounds wonderful. I will see if I can get the wife in on this too.


message 11: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Jason wrote: "if you don't watch the game add a mile. haha

This sounds wonderful. I will see if I can get the wife in on this too."


We would love to have you both join us! The group has about 50 people, but in reality, there's about 12 of us who are gungho . . .very very nice fun baseball fans!


message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Jason wrote: "if you don't watch the game add a mile. haha

This sounds wonderful. I will see if I can get the wife in on this too."


And while your plan of not watching the game = add a mile. That would work for me because I watch at least 150 games, but I don't think we can do that for all the folks who work. Those 1 pm games would be killer.


message 13: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2214 comments I did request to join yesterday (GO RED SOX!!) but I believe I am still in pending status.


message 14: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Ellen wrote: "I did request to join yesterday (GO RED SOX!!) but I believe I am still in pending status."

Thank you for letting me know. I wonder if I can only approve people who are FB friends with me. Tricia is the official administrator, so maybe she needs to approve people. It didn't used to work that way. I was able to approve Chili, but she friended me first.

Joi and Ellen can you please friend me on FB, and then see if I can approve you.

Meanwhile, I will reach out to Tricia!


message 15: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Yeah, definitely I can't approve people unless you are my friend. Argh.

I've reached out to Tricia, but in the meantime, please be my friends for a shortwhile so I can approve you, and then if you wish to unfriend me you certainly can . . .although I'm very, very happy to be friends on FB with all of you!


message 16: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Anita wrote: "Yeah, definitely I can't approve people unless you are my friend. Argh.

I've reached out to Tricia, but in the meantime, please be my friends for a shortwhile so I can approve you, and then if you..."


Oh, on FB, I'm Anita Pomerantz . . .so should be pretty easy to find! Same profile pic.


message 17: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2214 comments I will friend you (and not for the shortwhile) as soon as I get home from work. Thanks!


message 18: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3822 comments Anita wrote: "Hmm, oddly I don't see your request to join, Joi. Maybe it takes some time to come through. We certainly would love to have you! Feel free to friend me on FB, and then I'm thinking I can invite you :)."

It said it was "pending". I tried cancelling my request to join, and readding. Also friended you :)

I'm assuming I will be the only Mariners fan, lol.


message 19: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2502 comments Have asked to join. Not sure it is a good idea, mind - if the Giants have a good season I may have a heart attack!


message 20: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments KateNZ wrote: "Have asked to join. Not sure it is a good idea, mind - if the Giants have a good season I may have a heart attack!"

I love how you follow the Giants from New Zealand! That's awesome.


message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Joi wrote: "Anita wrote: "Hmm, oddly I don't see your request to join, Joi. Maybe it takes some time to come through. We certainly would love to have you! Feel free to friend me on FB, and then I'm thinking I ..."

I think Tricia approved you and Ellen too! So you should be all set. Let me know if you aren't because now that we are friends, I can add you!


message 22: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2214 comments Yes, I am part of the challenge now. Thanks for checking!


message 23: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1528 comments I'm going to join too. I need motivation to keep moving. Looks like I'm the only Tigers fan in the group :-).


message 24: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Anita, I sent and friend request and requested to join the group. My wife and I are doing the challenge. Rooting for the Hotlanta Braves. Though considering Marlins just so I won't have to do as much. haha. We are cycling.


message 25: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Jason wrote: "Anita, I sent and friend request and requested to join the group. My wife and I are doing the challenge. Rooting for the Hotlanta Braves. Though considering Marlins just so I won't have to do as mu..."

Ha ha on the Marlins. Hate to say it, but I don't think the Braves were too tough to follow last year either as I recall . . .Yankees and Astros were the hardest by a LOT.


message 26: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6541 comments Rachel wrote: "I'm going to join too. I need motivation to keep moving. Looks like I'm the only Tigers fan in the group :-)."

I feel like we did have another Tigers fan at some point who may re-emerge when the challenge stars, but right now, it is just you!!


message 27: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments The Braves offense isn't great but not terrible. I think they were around the middle of the pack last year. They are feast or famine though. Good thing we aren't doing runs given up. I'd die rooting for the Braves.

Yankees might set some records this year with offense.


back to top