Goodreads Reviewers' Group discussion

Reviews by Reviewer > My latest Reviews

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joseph (last edited Jan 20, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

message 2: by Urmi (last edited Mar 24, 2018 10:23AM) (new)

message 3: by Urmi (new)

message 5: by Joseph (last edited Jan 20, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

Joseph Cognard (jcognard) | 13 comments [bookcover:Murder at the 42nd Str..."

message 7: by Gayatri (last edited Feb 24, 2019 08:54AM) (new)

Gayatri Saikia   | per_fictionist  (goodreadscomper_fictionist) | 25 comments BOOK : FROM ASHES TO DREAMS

AUTHOR : RASHMI TRIVEDI

My Review : "From Dreams to Ashes" revolves around three orphans Naina, Kusum and Raghav whose lives are intervowen with love, hate and friendship.

Naina, she shown as this meek,timid introvert who needs to depend on either her two clutches Raghav or Kusum. Kusum on the other hand has quite a contrasting character that puts here on the aggressive front with her constant jealous towards Naina. Raghav, however is torn between both the girls through out the book between his friendship and love.

I extremely appreciate the author for her such a brilliant delivery of the story with such simple language. This is not just a story but it teaches many core values to be inculcated in our own lives.

Every character she has introduces even the minor ones have had a tragedy in their lives and the story to how they overcame it with determination and self confidence. The author address various topics like suicide, mental health in her book. I personally liked how she started the book with THE ENDING that gripped my interest. And definitely THE BEGINNING at the end of the book definitely declared optimism.

Naina, striken with grief and heartbreak makes her way out of the despair hole she is in and how she further moulds her future learning that self-love is the main ingredient of life is definitely worth a read.

From Ashes to Dreams, I would rather say is a positive book that is sure to fill up with an ounce of joy once you finish reading it

message 8: by Nidhi (new)

Nidhi Bohra (nidhibohra) | 1 comments Book Review - From Ashes to Dreams by Rashmi Trivedi

I read this book only last week. The book is strong when it comes to speaking about such a sensitive issue of mental health - depression, stress and childhood trauma so beautifully.

The story revolves around an orphan named Naina, who leads a melancholic life and doesn’t allow anyone to come close to her except her 2 childhood friends – Kusum and Raghav. The book talks about how she falls and fails in love and copes up with the complexity that life is. It is a page-turning, easy-to-read book. The language is simple and seamless. It did bring out the teenager in me eagerly waiting for what will happen next!

I recommend this book to both readers and non-readers alike because of its promising theme and plot.

You can read my full review on: https://versesofasequesteredwight.wor...

message 9: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments From Ashes to dreams

Author : Rashmi Trivedi

Publisher :Blue Rose Publishers

Book length :192 pages

Description

Sometimes life brings you at a crossroad, where you have no choice but to live every day as if it was your last one. Naina was at such a crossroad! An orphan, she did not have much to look forward to in life, until she fell in love. Love gave her wings and she started to fly, only to come crashing down as the wind beneath her wings turned into a storm. She tries putting an end to her now wretched existence, but fate has some other plans for her. She comes to know that she has limited time to live and decides to start living everyday instead of merely surviving. She lives every moment without worrying about the future she does not have or the past that could not be undone. She falls in love once again, this time with life! Will fate respect her fortitude?

Review

First impression is the best impression. That is absolutely correct in the case of this book. The cover of the book catches the mind of the reader . The cover is beautifully designed, with a black and white photograph of a woman with mysterious face. And the title also drew the attention of us instantly into the book.
The story revolves around a girl called Naina who is an orphan. The story is all about how Naina grew up and her destiny takes turns . She fell in love with a married man . At one point she lost everything. The story continues with her struggles to overcome the hardships . Naina who was a lost cause since the beginning of the story emerges as a strong and independent girl at the end. She rises from the ashes to her dreams like a phoenix bird .
The book was good with the deep emotional outburst. The characters have been portrayed quite well. Each and every character have a significant role in their own way and everyone of them had done justice to their roles throughout the story .Thus making it easy for the reader to relate to them and their point of views. The plot is gripping and heartbreaking. The language and narration was lucid and simple . The book explores the life of a woman who discovered the importance of life . The message the author trying to convey was reflected in a good manner. It motivates us to move further in life and overcome all the barriers .
Sometimes I felt repetitive and the story is somehow predictable. Apart from that this is a good book which teach us how precious are lives .

Rating :3.5/5

message 10: by Gayatri (new)

Gayatri Saikia   | per_fictionist  (goodreadscomper_fictionist) | 25 comments

Book : From Ashes To Dreams.

Author : Rashmi Trivedi

Pages : 194

Genre : Contemporary Fiction

Publisher : Bluerose Publishers

Publication Date : August 2018

Rating : ⭐⭐⭐.9
Add the book on Goodreads
Buy the book on Amazon for 100/-

Synopsis : Sometimes life brings you at a crossroad, where you have no choice but to live every day as if it was your last one. Naina was at such a crossroad! An orphan, she did not have much to look forward to in life, until she fell in love. Love gave her wings and she started to fly, only to come crashing down as the wind beneath her wings turned into a storm. She tries putting an end to her now wretched existence, but fate has some other plans for her. She comes to know that she has limited time to live and decides to start living everyday instead of merely surviving. She lives every moment without worrying about the future she does not have or the past that could not be undone. She falls in love once again, this time with life! Will fate respect her fortitude?

My Review : "From Dreams to Ashes" revolves around three orphans Naina, Kusum and Raghav whose lives are intervowen with love, hate and friendship.

Naina, she shown as this meek,timid introvert who needs to depend on either her two clutches Raghav or Kusum. Kusum on the other hand has quite a contrasting character that puts here on the aggressive front with her constant jealous towards Naina. Raghav, however is torn between both the girls through out the book between his friendship and love.

I extremely appreciate the author for her such a brilliant delivery of the story with such simple language. This is not just a story but it teaches many core values to be inculcated in our own lives.

Every character she has introduces even the minor ones have had a tragedy in their lives and the story to how they overcame it with determination and self confidence. The author address various topics like suicide, mental health in her book. I personally liked how she started the book with THE ENDING that gripped my interest. And definitely THE BEGINNING at the end of the book definitely declared optimism.

Naina, striken with grief and heartbreak makes her way out of the despair hole she is in and how she further moulds her future learning that self-love is the main ingredient of life is definitely worth a read.

From Ashes to Dreams, I would rather say is a positive book that is sure to fill up with an ounce of joy once you finish reading it.

message 11: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments A story of a girl who has been brought in an orphanage, Naina. Her mother left the infant at the doorsteps of the orphanage of Shanti Amma. Shanti Amma did not have a family as her parents and husband-to-be died in accidents. So she decided to open an orphanage and raise children of people who were unwanted by their family. Naina grew up with two more orphans of her age, Kusum and Raghav. They three became the best of friends. Soon time flew and they grew up to be independent and left the orphanage. Naina was very beautiful, both inside-out, Shanti Amma knew that as an orphan so beautiful, it would be very difficult for her to lead a life in this world. Kusum though always had a love-hate relationship with her. She hated Naina for being so pretty and innocent that everyone wanted to take care of.
Naina stated working as a primary school teacher and fell in love with a parent of her student. Now falling in love with a married man wasn't easy also fate wasn't on her side as she did confess the love but could not get the love she deserved. Soon she was diagnosed with depression and an incurable disease. She starts living her last moments and surviving each day with utmost joy and self love.

My take on the book was that it was another beautiful story with fantastic character development and just great relationships between the characters, especially the three friends. It's such a good friendship book, the romances are good too but I liked the friendship that these three characters, Naina, Kusum and Raghav had. It was so nice to see such strong bonds between the people it kind of reminds me of my friends and I love it. Each chapter is told from the perspective of the different characters and so you get to see a lot of the different character's stories and their development individually as well as with other characters. The writing is simple, a modern day romantic, self-love and friendship book.

message 12: by Hastha (last edited Mar 20, 2019 05:19AM) (new)

Hastha Chand (hookedonbookzhastha) | 26 comments Title : The Petals Of Reminiscence
Author : Pankhuri Aggarwal
Publisher: Bluerose Publishers

A poem a day keeps the blues away!

"The Petals Of Reminiscence" is a wonderful collection of poems which comprises of 101 beautiful poems written in a contemporary style. The poems are so deep that it not only touches the heart but it also touches the soul. It was written in a simple language. The author had penned the emotions like love, loss, pain, longingness in a very heartwarming way. It would have been better if the author had given a separate title for these poems. And I liked the cover of this book very much. You could read these poems in your leisure time if you're a person who would love to read poems. But I'm sure you wouldn't regret giving it a try even if you're not.

My rating: 4/5

I have received this book through Pristine Book Review program.

message 13: by Hastha (new)

Hastha Chand (hookedonbookzhastha) | 26 comments Author Interview

A conversation with Pankhuri Agarwal, author of “The Petals Of Reminiscence”

Tell us about yourself, mam.
I am a vibrant, straightforward person. I live with credence that there is nothing in the world that I can’t do and this eventually keeps me on the go.

1. Who or what inspired you to write the book?
For writing poetry particularly, one needs an inspiration; and the muse behind this book is my Nani whom I lost a few years back because of cancer. Her loss triggered some kind of emotion in me and thus began this expedition of writing.

2. If you had to define everything associated with love in three words, which words would you choose?
Twinge, Eternity, Tranquillity

3. Can you tell us what made you write about love in the form of poetry rather than a story?
There are hundreds of emotions one insight into when it comes to love and stories can’t substantiate all such sensations and sentiments. Poetry itself has the power, the dominance through which a single sentiment can be articulated in a hundred ways. Hence, my pick stands clear.

4. Any tips for the upcoming authors?
The need for the hour is standing out from the crowd. There are thousands of writers out there. What will stick out today is how your work has contributed to the society. There are no precise subjects that one needs to dig in. You just have to connect with the work that you write, the readers seek out everything. The modern Indian readers are quite chic.The Petals of Reminiscence

message 14: by Stewart (new)

Stewart Clyde (stewartclydeauthor) | 6 comments Joseph wrote: "Latest Reviews
Into the Water by Paula Hawkins
My review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

[bookcover:Murder at the 42nd Str..."

Hi Joseph,

Are you interested in reading a revenge adventure-thriller, before it is released, in exchange for an Amazon review?

If yes, please sign up for advanced reader copies of SCORPION HUNTER at http://stewartclydeauthor.com/arc/ and I will send you the advanced eBook copy a few weeks before the release date. No spam, only books before they are released. Unsubscribe any time.

Back cover:

A DIAMOND

A boy wakes to find men waiting outside their remote African farmhouse. That night he sees his parents brutally murdered. The boy is Stirling Hunt.

A CARTEL

Now an ex-Marine and Special Forces interrogator, Stirling accepts a mission to recover a rare red diamond deep in southern Africa. He is thrust into a dangerous game between a cold-blooded cartel and an international intelligence agency. When the mission goes wrong, Stirling is a wanted man.

AN OATH OF VENGEANCE

He goes on the run, pursued by secret police and the cartel. Both want the diamond back. He is in a race against time to save himself and his team, and avenge his parents’ deaths. Stirling will use all of his cunning, tradecraft and wit to escape. Can he bring the killers to justice?

THE HUNT IS ON

If you'd like to read the first chapter (for free) you can find it at: https://www.wattpad.com/716537235-sco...

If you'd like to sign up for the latest release dates, Stirling Hunt Thriller news and free stuff, please go to www.stewartclydeauthor.com/#signup

Thanks for reading and supporting!

Stewart Clyde

message 15: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: Shades of love without relation

Author: Payel Sanyal

Pages: 84

The story revolves around Mimi and her feelings towards the people she loves. Her life is simple, her emotions are not, yet she carefully rows along the current to live her life and at the same time keeps her feelings within. The story is simple, sweet and highly relatable. It is written in first person perspective of Mimi and Rahul (Mimi’s friend and colleague) and a couple of chapters are also present with third person perspective. The story is different from what we usually read. There is no roller coaster ride or edge of the seat moments, which is good, coz the book deals with the feelings of a person in situations that are more common in reality than in any fiction. It’s an easy breeze of emotions that we feel on a day to day basis. The story is written in a journal format, with more narration and little to no descriptions. From page one to last page, the feeling is that of reading someone’s diary.

I personally liked her relationship with Ani, a girl Mimi takes responsibility of because it is love at its purest form. The author has done away with conditional aspect of love and has concentrated on how an unconditional love, unrequited love, in all its forms exists. We are used to closed endings, well brace yourself for something different this time. Her relationship with Aditi or Mam as she refers to her is probably something that literature genre has not yet explored, because it is truth and I think it’s also because it’s not sell-able.

Mimi herself is a victim of low self-esteem. She often complains that her life, her feelings will disturb others. Although the background for such a trait is not mentioned in the story but her emotions and her point of view is most common and very rarely dealt with. Writers generally brush off such attitude as spineless or twist it into a sell-able story but in reality, there are tons who live with that feeling and the author has taken great care to delicately express that state of mind. There is scope for improvement and a little research into the psyche will go a long way in making this book better but currently, the book gives a very personal touch in to the character’s life and makes us wonder, isn’t this our life too?

My rating 4/5

message 16: by pristine.books (last edited May 05, 2019 01:25PM) (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: That letter box
Author: Aritra Dey
Pages: 95
Arin and Debolina, a college love story with a happy ending, or was it a happy beginning that turned sour. After his divorce with Debolina; his college sweetheart turned wife, Arin is devastated. He finds a box hidden behind the volumes and book and in that box are letters, from the past. As he reads them he recalls the forgotten pieces of his memory, ones that might just save his marriage. What will he do? Will he go back to the hell he got out from or will he turn it into heaven.
My review in four words is- The book is beautiful! I am not much of a romance fanatic as I don’t find anything new in romance stories, but this book changed that. It’s a short read, so I am glad that I didn’t have to face overly long melodramatic moments. The story is not only short in pages but also in context. The author has concentrated on exactly that portion of a bigger story that he wishes to convey and in that short span, he has managed to make the characters understood, weaved a perfect plotline and concluded aptly. Kudos.
The story alternates between past and present. Every letter takes Arin to his past and to the circumstances that made him write it in the first place in between the past and present scenes, the author manages to squeeze the entire story perfectly. There is no villain, no protagonist. The story is incidental, it’s just that, like a piece of life laid bare for the world to know and to relate to their own life. The book is filled with metaphorical allegories which kind of reminded me of Classic literature. As Arin reads the letters, he recalls how he met Debolina, how they fell in love. He also recalls how and everything went wrong that led to his divorce. It’s as simple and practical it can get. There’s no drama, no typical Bollywood romance which is why this was such a refreshing read.
My rating 5/5

message 17: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: The Mirror
Author: Priya Sinha
Pages: 58
The book is a collection of 12 poems and one short story, each one depicting certain concept. Like the poem “The Joy formula” depicts happiness whereas “Sweet lies vs bitter truth” depicts dry humour and the short story is based on the daily life of a “Maid”. The author has incorporated extremities of life. The poems are free verse and hence easy to read and understand. They are also highly relatable, picked up from the truths of life that we so often face yet remain ignorant of. The author mentions in the blurb that we could identify ourselves with her poems and she is right to the point, there were poems that made me rethink about society and life but there are also poems that showed me the mirror of my true self. The title is so apt to the words expressed in the book. My personal favourites are “Sweet lies vs bitter truth”, and “At last”.
The book also contains various illustrations and pictures. I couldn’t quite understand the need for them because I did not know how the poems relate to them. But maybe it was my own inability to see what the author wants to show me.
It’s a short read and can be completed in one sitting. However, it will leave a mark on your conscience and the words author has ingrained in your mind through her book with linger long after you close the book. I only wish the book was longer and the author had written more such beautiful poems because 12 are just not enough.
My rating 3.5/5

message 18: by pristine.books (last edited May 24, 2019 10:19PM) (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: Albert’s little friend and the talking brain
Author: Rohini Sarah
Pages: 73
Aysha was down hearted and dejected about her future and was about to capitulate on every single entity. But, she found a new source of matter when she unanticipatedly met a talking brain who became her best friend and later her inventiveness!
I don’t know if the book is meant for children or adults. On one hand, the writing is very simple even using plain words for explanation of various scientific concepts but on the other hand, the author is attempting to explain the dynamics of quantum mechanics as applied to post death state. You don’t need the knowledge of Einstein’s theory to understand what the author is trying to say, but you do need a little science knowledge.
I liked the simplistic and alternate approach the author has taken to explain the energy mass relation. There is also an underlying message that laws of science are not absolute, they were formed based on observations and can be changed based on the same. The protagonist, along with her friend aims to do just that, change the dynamics of science for a better world.
There are two sides over here, one is the character and her story. It is an inspiring one. Aysha, against all odds comes up in life and strives to make the society better. The other is the amalgamation of fantasy and science. The second part is what I found most intriguing. I have read many sci-fi and many fantasy ones but this story combines both, magical explanation of science and vice versa.
All in all, it was a fun read and I enjoyed the journey Aysha and her friend took.
My rating 4/5

A conversation with Rohini Sarah, author of Albert’s little friend and the talking brain, published by Bluerose publishers.

1. Tell us about yourself.

Hi, I am Rohni Sarah. I'm basically from the God's own country, Kerala. Professionally I am a musician. I work as a western music instructor in Furtados School of Music based in Bangalore. Besides my career there a few things that intrigues me. Firstly arts and secondly science. I would say that I am not a professional writer, however I have tried to collaborate both art as well as science in my debut novelette "Alberts little friend And The Talking Brain".

2. If not being an author, what was your dream in life?

Honestly, being an author is not the primary goal in my life. But I love writing because I realize that it's an essential part in my music career. Hence I would say that my ultimate goal is to reach bigger heights in the world of music. It's kind of an elixir for me. Indeed, my goal is to make my book a Hollywood movie in future.

3. Who or what inspired you to write the book?

I developed the entire story from a broken dream of mine when I was a teen. That dream inspired me to write a mysterious science story. Then and there itself I wrote it down and it took almost 10 years for me to bring my story to light. Some science fiction movies has also helped me to think deeply about this story. Interstellar movie is one among them. It's plot, the awesome music, visuals etc it’s kind of motivating.

4. In this age of distractions, do you think science and research holds the same value as it once did?

Without science, the entire universe is meaningless. I don’t think that people has lost their interest in science and research. From eons, people are finding truth and still they do. I think we should be curious about the universe we are living in.

5. Who is your favourite author?

I recently came to read a book "You are the Universe" written by Deepak Chopra. It literally made me fall in love with both the book and author. It beautifully entwines science and spirituality in simple understandable language. And J K Rowling is also one of the talented writer whom I admire as a writer as well as person.

message 19: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: Fallen to Rise
Author: Bobby Dsouza
Pages: 275

Bobby Dsouza takes you along on his journey from being a disillusioned bankrupt & a nobody on the Streets of Mumbai to someone who has already inspired 21000+ people which includes delegates who are highly intellectual, CXO's, CEO's of top-notch corporates, the young minds & people from diverse geographies. He is keynote and motivational speaker who is passionate about inspiring people to live their dreams

His humble journey starts from the story of a 25-year-old woman’s broken marriage (Bob’s mom) who decides to secure the future of her three children without any help from her closed loves ones or the society around, and the journey takes you through the indigence, the tears, the happiness, while also giving you a peek into the crashes , fails, laughter, romance, heartbreaks & a life lesson of 'Fallen to rise'' The goal of the book is to help people realize that if a ‘nobody’ who still does not know where his father vanished, can achieve so much, so can they… if only they discover and utilize their true potential.

“Fallen to Rise” is a motivational book about the protagonist’s struggle from being raised in a poor family to making his own place in the world. When I put it like this, it sounds like a very generic, boring story, but it’s really not. Most motivational books sometimes end up sounding like the author is trying to boast about their difficult journey, but this book, thanks to the author, is a heartfelt journal of someone who handled pain and suffering with such grace. It shows in the words he has used that he is a very down-to-earth person in real life. The author has my respect and thanks and I look forward to reading more of his stories.

Rating - 4/5

message 20: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments BOOK: FALLEN TO RISE
AUTHOR : BOBBY DSOUZA

I started reading this book when I was in a rather disturbed state of mind and I am so glad I picked it up. Usual motivational books need a motivation to finish the book, but with this book, I couldn’t resist completing it as soon as possible. The author has expressed pain and struggle beautifully and it helped me understand how we don’t realise how lucky we are. I was honestly not expecting much from a motivational book, but it exceeded my expectations. I want to thank the author for writing this story. I hope he never stops sharing such life incidents to motivate so many like me.

This book felt friendly and warm, like an old friend sharing their stories with you. There were some very emotional moments, some moments where I felt angry and disturbed, some moments where I felt proud for the author, and some moments where I felt happy and satisfied. It was indeed a rollercoaster ride in the truest of its meaning, as described in the blurb of the book.

Cover - ⅗

Language - ⅘

Story - 5/5

message 21: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW
BOOK ; FALLEN TO RISE

BobbyDsouza@interview

A conversation with Bobby Dsouza, author of Fallen To Rise, published by Bluerose
Publishers

I am an Author, Director of Empower India Academia, An Keynote-motivational
Speaker &Trainer who has a compelling 'Fallen to Rise' Story that will truly spark Dreams &
ignite
your very gut to 'Move Forward'

From being a lost bankrupt confused teenager on the Streets of Mumbai to an Inspirational
Speaker to 24000 people across geographies

I am also passionate about using my artistic edge in Music, humour & impersonation to
enthral audiences

Being an author was never in my wildest dream though, I wanted to once become an
actor, then a teacher & I finally landed up entertaining peoples minds by inspiring &
educating them, Fallen to Rise my maiden book has come as a result of my deeper
purpose to empower people through real stories!
3. Who do you attribute your success to?

Definetly to my creator for gifting me with multi talents to inspire the world!
I off course attribute my success to my resilient mother who has fought the toughest
battle as a single mother & raised 3 amazing kids,her never give up attitude has
helped me to to get better, my close friends & loved ones stood by me though this
journey, not to forget amazing mentors whom I Have learnt from face to face or

4. Any message you would like to give to your readers?

I really think at some point of time we all want to just throw it all off, saying this it, it
ain't happening, but l have learnt that the greatest victory happens at the end of our
fall, the greatest rise happens after the worst fall.

message 22: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: At Fate’s Doorstep
Author: Diksha Banga
Pages: 100
Publisher: Bluerose Publisher
At the point when your fate knocks at your doorstep to serve you (whatever you once wanted) without you attempting for it. This is the tale that reminds us all what it takes to keep believing in true love. Zara had left the knot of her life upon Allah. Her vocation, her passion, her life everything was messed up earlier but the moment she gave up on all the stress and worries, everything falls back in place just as it should be. Regardless of what you want, Allah gives you the best He can. Fate isn’t any different from destiny nor is it from the Almighty. It’s all about faith which drove her fate meet her at the doorstep.
I loved "At Fate's Doorstep". I can't believe the author is only 20-years-old. The wise lessons and words that she has used in the story just goes to show how some life lessons are learnt with experience and, not just age. It's a lovely story about a girl -- Zara, and how she overcomes all difficulties simply because she refuses to lose faith. Faith, if used with the right intention and context, can do wonders.
Wishing luck and success to the author.
My rating 4/5

message 23: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments A conversation with Diksha Banga, author of At Fate’s Doorstep, published by Bluerose publishers
1) If you had to describe fate in 3 words, what would you choose?

Three words for fate- karma, superpower and opportunity
1. Karma- because it is fate which comes as karma. Good for good and bad for bad.
2. Superpower- fate is like a superpower that you get, if you utilize it correctly it changes your and others life forever.
3. Opportunity- fate comes and gives you an opportunity to see what is right or wrong. If you are smart enough you will pick up that opportunity.

2) How has belief in fate helped you?
When fate opened the door for me to perceive what is correct and what is wrong going on in my life, I trust that I was keen enough to pick that indication and work on it. My belief that fate has made an opening for me, let me to life changing events like writing and becoming more grounded as a person. My belief in fate has likewise shown to me what fulfills me happy and what I should get rid of. It is this believe that I am much more joyful person then I used to be.

3) Are you working on any upcoming books?
Yes, I’m currently working on my other novel which is based on psychology. Haven’t decided it’s name yet but most probably it would be “This world ain’t our real home”.

4) Any message you would like to give your readers?
Hang on to your reality and respect the reality of others. This world ain’t easy to survive, when you choose to be real, sooner or later you will get the ones who would be real with you as well.

message 24: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: Eleven month
Author: Suraj Prakash Dadsena
Pages: 181
Blurb: About the book----After being successful in the civil services, a person's world turns around, He becomes the ideal and the undeclared advisor for other aspirants, his social status is now uplifted. But behind the eve of his successful accomplishments, many sleepless nights, wasted days, breaking relationships, are a long story of failed attempts...... A middle class young boy who's interested in the examination of civil services, a boy of small town, he goes to a big city looking for better career opportunities. He's studying in a coaching, while struggling with economic problems, being with friends, fighting for his own existence. Also encounters world's dual attitude, does fun, attends monotonous classes, understands the consumer culture rooted in coaching centres. Despite of being a part of all this he can't rebel, the love of his life left him broken, sometimes alone facing the worst phase of his career and even after studying for hours, he faces failure in the state of his chaotic mental being, he tackles his depression and..........?????
This is the first Hindi book I picked up to expand my preferences to another language fully understanding that if it did not turn out to be good, I would not pick up Hindi books again, but fortunately, I was proved wrong. Though it took a long time for me to finish it but it kept me hooked to the very end.
We often see or experience the stress that comes with exams, but if the exam is a Civil service one, then in my imagination, it consisted of scenes with students and books, nothing else. I was under the impression, considering how much dedication everyone said the preparation required, I hadn’t fully understood that people who prepare for higher level exams are just as much fun loving or go through a normal day like we do. Contrary to what is made to believe, civil service aspirants have the same problems as we do and the same fun as we do.
The story is a simple one and will at some point relate to the actual experiences you have had and if you are someone who has undergone the arduous coaching of civil exams, then you definitely know what this book is talking about. Author has chosen his words carefully so as to not exaggerate unnecessarily. My favourite part of the book was the first day at coaching centre, it surely brought back some memories.
This book is for all those people who are preparing for civil services exams to realise they are not alone in this. It is also for all those people who from the side lines think civil services is tough, it indeed is, but it doesn’t stop your life.
My rating 4/5

message 25: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Book- The Journey
Author- Manajit Ghoshal
Publishers- Bluerose Publishers
Pages- 241
The story begins with Kanhai waking up half-dead, fatigued and surrounded by the dead bodies of his martyred brother soldiers of the second world war. The story further proceeds with Kanhai falling in and losing his love, returning to his village, starting and building his life afresh. This is a story of family, relationship, emotions, love, loss, tragedy, turmoil, separation and faith spread over three generations.
✍️ Talking about the plot, it’s very clear from the blurb itself, but the part where Kanhai returns to his village and his marriage with Noor felt somewhat like the movie Gadaar-Ek Prem Katha. And I was a little bored.
✍️ The characters were well formed and did justice to the story.
✍️ The language, writing style and narration was really good.
✍️ The pace of the book was okay.
✍️ The cover of the book was good, but the font size was really small and hurt my eyes.
✍️ Overall it was a good read.

Rating- 🌟🌟🌟.5/5

The Author of The Journey, Manajit Ghoshal was kind enough to spare some time for his interview. Let’s see, what he has got to tell his readers-

1. If you had to describe yourself in three words, what words would you choose?

I would leave that responsibility on the people who know me.

2. Which author inspires you the most?

Ved Vyas. I think The Mahabharata is unparalleled in its depth and expanse.

3. What was the biggest hurdle in completing your book?

Patience. When you start writing , you are full of energy. But the rigours of research and then going through the rigmarole of finding a publisher gets to you.

4. How long did you take to finish the book?

Two years to write it and three more years to publish it.

message 26: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Book : Truth and dare
The Modi dynamic
Author : Sanju Verma
Page count : 260

Modinomics :
The book talks about the policies and reforms made by PM Modi.

The implementation of GST ie one nation one tax , digital India campaign and everything is discussed In the book.

The development in Gujarat was remarkable.

Providing job was not its motto but creating job opportunity was.

The major policy reforms that took place In the governance of PM Modi.

Startup India and Ujjawala Yojana were some of the some of the remarkable changes that happened in the governance of Modi.

The book also discusses how modinomics is better than manmohanomics.

Demonetisation was the major step taken by PM Modi for the betterment of our economy and it is very well described in the book. It also discusses the effect of demonetisation and how it strengthened our economy.

Also the implementation of insolvency and bankruptcy code is discussed here. It’s implementation and it’s effect on our economy.

The growth rate in our GDP and the implementation of many policies for our farmers
and Amethi model is well described.

The author has described everything in detail about the Modinomics and the major reforms which took place under Modi government for the betterment of the economy.

The book is a must read. every fact are discussed here. And people interested in business and politics will definitely love this book.
Rating : 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Recommended : yes √

message 27: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments The Truth & Dare - The Modi Dynamic

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW
A conversation with Sanju Verma, author of Truth & Dare- The Modi dynamics
1.If you had to describe yourself in three words, what words would you choose?
Honest, Fearless, Determined. If I could take the liberty of a fourth one, it would be, Sensitive.

2.What made you decide to be a writer?
Karmayogi Narendra Modi, one of the most inspiring visionaries of our times, has done phenomenal work in the last 5 years, lifting 44 people out of poverty every single minute, as per data given by Poverty International. Modi's tremendous story had to be written, so that posterity and the present generation could relate to it. I decided to therefore, pen this book.
For instance, lot of vicious rumours have done the rounds on how Demonetisation did not unearth black money. My book, with hard data, explains why and how Demonetisation is actually, the biggest game changer in post independent India and has helped formalise large swathes of our informal economy.

3.The subject you have chosen to write about is quite a controversial one, what made you take it up?
Yes, politics is considered by many as a controversial issue, but that is not necessarily true. For instance, my book talks in detail about Modinomics and how Narendra Modi's "Sabka Saath Sabka Vikas" philosophy, is not merely a slogan but an initiative that has ushered in a paradigm shift in India's socio-economic structure. Modinomics is not about Modi alone. It is not about politics alone. It is essentially about progress, development, equity, good governance, transparency, accountability and so much more. I decided therefore, an educated and empowered person like me needs to pen a book, on why Modinomics is the most innovatively transformative idea of our times.

4.Any message you would like to give to your reader?
Yes, i hope my readers not only read, appreciate, analyse and criticise where needed but more importantly, share their feedback with me, as I genuinely believe writing and reading is a participative engagement. I wish to request my readers to spread the transformative work done by the Modi government in the last five years because i am sure this book will go down in history as a book that analysed the political economy of India, like no other. And valuable support from readers will ensure, Modinomics is understood, for what it truly is. After all, Modinomics is primarily about rejuvenating India and, each of us must do our bit as aware citizens. I can be reached at info@authorsanjuverma.com.

message 28: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Sakhi
Book : Sakhi
Author : Aparnaraje Ingle
Page count : 115

Sakhi, a child widow , she lives with her parents in Ramgarh and spends most of her time helping her dad in the garden.

Memories of Shankar never leaves her. And there’s not a single day when she has not thought about him.
She still thinks about the times spent with Shankar and it brings tears to her eyes.

Then there’s Rama, who belongs to a rich family and helps her dad in the business.
Sakhi is a very good friend of her
and soon they are planning to visit Ramgarh.

Rama is excited to meet Sakhi.
And this time Jai would also join them. Jai (Rama’ brother) had returned from London after completing his studies.

Their trip to Ramgarh changed many things. Jai fell in love with Sakhi but the difference in their status was keeping them apart.

I liked the cover. It was very beautiful. And the title caught my attention. It was apt.

Will Jai ever be able to confess his feelings to his family?
Read the book to find out.

message 29: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: Encounter with the supreme
Author: Manash Kumar Mishra
Pages: 158
He was seven when he questioned himself, “Who am I?” “What am I doing here?” Being a descendent of a Tantric family, since early childhood, he was introduced to Aghori practices that led him to acquiring unfathomable Siddhis. By the age of 14, his parents started keeping him away from these practices, as he was showing signs of renunciation. Everything was paused till he was 27, and beyond that he started experiencing those Siddhis again, in a strangely different form. He started becoming more clairvoyant. He could see things before they really happened and the starting point was when he was able to predict the time of his father’s death. Following the death of his father, he became more inquisitive and started getting answers, thinking that he was talking to himself, but soon he discovered that it was not him. Instead, he was being guided by someone else, the formless, whom he calls now “Supreme.” The realization not only changed him as a human being, but also changed the way he perceived the world. Now, he is dancing in bliss and bathing in the wisdom of the Divine. Every encounter with Supreme has been unique and has brought to light answers, in the simplest form, even to the most complicated questions of life; such as birth, death, soul, God, reincarnation, universe, karma, desires, heaven, hell and the infinite. And now he is ready to share the wisdom that he has acquired through Encounters With The Supreme.
I am not much into supernatural but I have to say, reading about it is exciting indeed. The author has done a careful job of putting his thoughts into words so as to sound genuine and not a fanatic. He has also included simple pencil sketches that add to the flair of the book. His journey in search of his own spirituality is worth reading. The book is a short read of 30+ chapters and written in first person perspective, giving a personal touch to an already enlightening journey. The writing is crisp and up to the point.
One thing to keep in mind is to have an open mind. There are instances, especially those that involve “Supreme” that may seem nothing more than an extension of mind to a rational soul, but as I said, an open mind goes a long way in understanding what the writer is trying to convey. The concepts put forth in the book are sure to give you food for thought. There is a new revelation in every chapter, a deep wisdom and an apt emotion associated with it. In a time when we run behind success and get disappointed with failures, the author has shown through his book that running behind spirituality is a far fulfilling life and I do agree with him, the balance needs to be there, after all, a soul needs its nourishment too. A good one time read and a definite recommendation from my side.
My rating 4/5
A conversation with Manash Kumar, author of Encounter with the Supreme, published by Bluerose Publishers.
1. Tell me about yourself
Starting from humble beginnings and being an average student, yet I have enormously transformed myself wherein today I am a Life Coach, a Peak Performance Coach, an Author, Blogger, Six Sigma Black Belt, a Sr. Manger handling Indian Operations, Sales Director, Exponential Entrepreneur, founder of JAMPS, kind of a mystic, and the one who has experienced Supreme in the first hand. I have become a guiding star for people those who are really trying to discover themselves and help them in their spiritual journey. I have shared another part of me in the book and I would love to interact with anyone who is really interested in discovering me as a person.

2. Where do you see yourself 10 years in the future?
After the kind of realizations and experiences I have gone through, I am assured that I am neither worried about the future nor the past as I am beyond both of these. These words might sound alien to some, yet if you sit along with me; it will become your own experience as well.

3. How do you relate to the Supreme Being that you talk about in your book?
I would relate to the Supreme Being as my invisible guru who is the one who guided me in realizing who I really am – the ultimate soul.

4. Are you working on any more books?
Yes I am working on two more books for which I have already selected a name for and it will be named “Cute Little Divine Conversations” and the name of the other book is yet to be decided (tentatively it will be named “And I Discovered”).

message 30: by Kirti (new)

Kirti Changlani (kirtichanglani) | 1 comments Election period, the politics is in air, modi waves!

23rd may!? WHO WILL WIN?

Well that occupies atleast a little part of our day!

But wait you are surely wondering what is Modinomics now?

Written by sanju verma, a popular panelist and a columnist.

After a heck of rave reviews from renowned journalists across the country, marking it's authenticity i was very excited to read this

The first part of the book is unplugging Modinomics -

It is an elaborated documentation of all the schemes implemented by the BJP in the last 5 years be it economical, societal welfare i.e GST, gujrat model, job creation, GDP growth, digital and make-in India or demonetization or aadhar. All the XYZ yojana in XYZ years and the highlights of how they were helpful to people. It is more of connecting social-economics and Modi. Author has done extreme research and got to the skin of things and has appropriately presented statistical data however lacks the necessary arguments from lay man's perspective. Her painstaking efforts to shed light on controversial contemporary topics are appreciated. She has described major steps taken as bold and necessary!

In the second part, it is described how President Amit shah along with BJP has done good work for betterment of country and how he gave impetus to the minorities, girls and society while also criticising the incompetency of other parties.

Pick this book if you want to study a detailed case study with ultimate statistical analysis on modi regime.

Note - You will need to have some awareness of the developments done in the past 5 years otherwise you might be facing cognitive dissonance while reading this

Rated - 4 🌟

Read Interview with the Author -
https://kirtikikahaniyan.wordpress.co...

message 31: by Sushmita (new)

Sushmita Das (booknbujo) | 2 comments Book: A to Z of Database management system and SQL⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Author: Sukanya Roy⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Genre: Study Material⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Publisher: Blue Rose Publishers⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
No of pages: 313⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐/5
Data plays a key role in any walk of life. Life begins based on data.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I’ve always been fascinated with data and how they are used by the corporations. Learning how to properly utilize that data is something I’ve always wanted properly. And getting your base right from a textbook is quite difficult. I usually would not review a textbook but my thirst for knowledge won me over big time. I would highly recommend students studying data to try this book for going in-depth into the subject.

message 32: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Truth & Dare: The Modi Dynamic
Author- Sanju Verma
Publisher- @bluerose_publishers
Genre- Biography
Format- Hardcover
Pages- 223
My Rating- 4.5/5
The BJP led government came into power under the leadership of Narendra Modi with the ideology of “Sabka Saath Sabka Vikaas.” The book is divided into two parts. Part I focuses on Modinomics whereas Part II focuses on the meteoric rise of BJP under Amit Shah. The book elaborately talks about his role as a Prime Minister along with the policies that he has undertaken during his tenure. The author has made a clear cut distinction between the 55 months of Modi government with the 55 years of Congress led government. A lot of phrases are used like ‘Lokniti versus Lokshahi’, ‘Rajniti versus Rajposhi’, ‘Prajatantra versus Parivarwaad’, ‘Sabka Saath versus Apno ka Saath’, ‘Seva Bhaav versus Satta ka Lobh’ and ‘Vikaas versus Vinaash.’ The author has mentioned that it is because of the Nehru-Gandhi family that there has been no real development of the country, the MISA Act passed during Indira Gandhi’s regime, from Sonia Gandhi to Rahul Gandhi to Robert Vadra are all out on bail on very serious charges, 1984 Anti- Sikh genocide during the tenure of Rajiv Gandhi, Sonia- Rahul’s involvement in the National Herald Case. The book also mentions about Mamata led TMC government failure in maintaining law and order in West Bengal like Kaliachak riots in Malda district to Dhulagarh riots in Howrah district to Asansol- Raniganj riots during Ram Navami to Saradha and Rosevalley scams. The book talks about the leading policies of the BJP led government such as Demonetisation, GST, Ayushman Bharat, Make In India, Digital India, Skill India, Aadhar, The Mallya Syndrome, Stand Up and Start Up India, Beti Bachao Beti Padhao.
The book is detailed, well-researched with strict coherence to facts and well-edited. The author also mentions about the initiatives and development in Maharashtra like a portal named Aaple Sarkar, Samruddhi Mahamarg Coastal Road, Maharashtra Village Transformation Scheme, Cloud policy, increasing the GDP to 400 Billion USD, and the Right to Service Act. The country was specially shaken by his policies: the demonetisation, GST and Adhaar. The book begins with a chapter on the Gujarat model of development. He built during his tenure Sardar Patel’s 182 meter tall statue in Kevadiya, The author also mentions that the growth of the country during the last 4.5 years has been multi-fold: the establishment of various 103 KV’s, 62 Navodaya Vidyalayas, 1 NIT, 7 IIT’s, 7 IIM’s, 4 NID’s and 14 IIIM’s. Not only this, the country has taken the 6th position replacing France in terms of GDP and replaced China to become the biggest FDI. Various development projects like 2 crore houses under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana- Gramin and Urban by 2021- 22, National War Memorial, Jogighopa Multi- Model Logistics Park, 8 lane Delhi- Vadodara- Mumbai expressway, India’s fastest train- Vande Bharat Express, Short Range Surface to Air Missiles, HELINA programme. Budget 2019 also includes 10% reservations for the Economically Weaker Sections of the society in colleges and other public institutions of learning. The author also mentions that a lot of initiatives of the Modi government did not receive media attention like Mines and Minerals(Development and Regulation) Act, 1957.

Defects of the book-
The book does not mention anything about Modi’s foreign tour visits, the issue of NRC and illegal immigrants, and Godhra incident. Till today people are sleeping on the roads, young children are begging and there has not been much hike in the rape cases of women or sexual harassments against women. So has there been overall development. The book portrays that we are living in a country with no problems like a dream world.
The author has got an eye for detail and I enjoyed reading the second part of the book more.I recommend this book if you want to have a detailed read about the political economy of India since last 5 years under Modi’s leadership.
A conversation with Sanju Verma, author of Truth & Dare- the Modi dynamics

I am an Economist and MBA by education, Stock Market and Investment Banking professional by choice and now, a Politician out of sheer passion, to be able to make a huge difference to the lives of the less privileged. Contrary to popular perception, a driven politician works harder than most others, as public service is a 24/7 commitment. Ofcourse, I am a newly minted Author, too, which came naturally to me, as I am a prolific Columnist as well. I must thank Bluerose Publishers here, for shaping my journey as an Author and making it so seamlessly satisfying.
I am living my dream as a Politician, with no “Ifs” or “Buts” or regrets, whatsoever. I juggle various roles and i am loving every bit of it, as multi-tasking is my forte, given my boundless energy and restless enthusiasm.
Karmayogi, Prime Minister Narendra Modi, a leader born once in a millennium, is my inspiration. Also, I am deeply influenced by Amit Shah, the man who has singularly transformed the BJP into the biggest political organisation in the world, with more than 11 crore members and counting.
4. Who is your favourite author?
Paulo Coelho, because his novels are a slice of life and inspire people to never give in or give up. And yes, i am a huge fan of Ayn Rand, too. Like millions, Howard Roark in “The Fountainhead”, is a character that I closely identify with, as it celebrates the indomitable human spirit, in the grittiest manner.

message 33: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Review of Love Tennis by Jitender Kumar

Genre: Romance, Fiction
Pages: 136
Author: Jitender Kumar
Amazon Rating: 4.7/5 stars ⭐
Goodreads Rating: 4.75/5 stars ⭐

About Plot:

Jatin is a lower middle-class boy who has been bullied ever since. Priya, on the other hand, belongs to a rich class who brings a lot more than just love to Jatin’s life. No, don’t mistake it for a normal love story between a rich and a poor. The world doesn’t stand between them but something else does. Will they be able to keep up?

My Rating: 3.5/5 stars ⭐

My Review:

This is a story which we have read before also: a rich girl falls for a poor guy; guy has his reservation because girl is rich and he doesn’t want any distractions. There is no added drama of parental restrictions or society acceptance. This story is essentially about dilemma of a guy. He is struggling towards realizing his feelings for girl and this is what forms the backdrop of this book.

The narration gives the feel of love triangle between Priya, Jatin and Lawn Tennis. This is also mentioned a few times during plot description. The passion of Jatin towards Lawn Tennis is best part of the story. This aspect is better described than other aspects. Mention of problems faced by teenagers belonging to poor family brings narration closer to reality. Language is simple.

The male protagonist seemed very confused and plain arrogant at times. Female lead is not given many layers or explanation as to why she is behaving a particular way. Other characters just come and go with no major role to play. Climax is predictable. Story could have been more intriguing.

message 34: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Here is an Interview of Jitender Kumar, author of "Love Tennis"

Tell us about yourself.

I was born & brought up in a low middle class family of Delhi with values from Bihar. My parents always wanted me to be a teacher but I was not a bright student. I am a graduate in pol. Sc. from Shivaji College (Delhi University). I was always attracted to new things and ideas since childhood. I like talking and listening to people and try to find out their stories. I love motivating people towards life. I sing and I love to write. I dance and in short, I love to live this life.

If not being an author, what was your dream in life?

Ever since I have known tennis, I wanted to be a professional tennis player, but that couldn’t happen. Still whenever I get a chance I don’t miss playing or say, loving tennis. Other than tennis, I wanted to be the Prime Minister of India.

Does that make you laugh?

Well it may, but it is true. It’s still my dream to become PM of the world’s largest democracy India.

I am assuming Tennis is your favourite sport, since it’s the name of your book, which sport do you like other than Tennis?

Just like majority of Indian men, I too like to play cricket. And similarly I like to bat more than bowl. It was also one of the reasons why I fell for lawn tennis. There, whichever side you are you only have to play like you are batting. There is no fielding bowling. Isn’t that interesting?

Any message you would like to give to your readers?

To those who have already read Love “Tennis”, I just want to say “thank you, I hope you liked it and if you did then please pass my amazon link to a friend or two ;) “. While there are thousands of books available in same genre they chose love- tennis. Those who might read it after reading my interview, I want to tell them that it is not just a love story it’s more than that. It will give you a glimpse of those dreams which you see while growing up. It will tickle you to smiles and it will also make you cry. So please read “Love Tennis”. Other than the book, I would love to tell you guys that whatever happens in life, keep believing in yourself. Nothing can stop you to achieve your dreams if you really want it. I know it takes time but it happens. Also while you are running after your dreams don’t forget to love!

message 35: by Krishne (new)

Krishne Tanneerbavi | 7 comments Interview with the author of A divine visit and the human touch

A conversation with D Gnanasekaran, author of A divine visit and the human touch, published by Bluerose publishers.
I worked as a teacher and research supervisor in the Puducherry Govt. collegiate education service for about four decades. I started my writing career as a reviewer of books in the 1980s for journals like Mother India and The Advent published by Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Pondicherry and later moved on to criticism and then creative writing.

Primarily, I wanted to be a conscientious teacher and researcher. Becoming an author is an offshoot of my passion for teaching literature and communication skills, of course impelled by my inner urge to express myself.

A lot of reading and love for books coupled with my personal experiences, both expected and unexpected, motivated me to write the book. Inspiration came mainly from French and Russian writers.

4. In this age of distractions, do you think we need self-realisation more so than ever?
Self-realization is the pinnacle of our search for Truth. But today’s consumerism and cultural degradation are the main hurdles to this first step to self-discipline and spirituality.
It is not a single author. The list is too long to accommodate here.

message 36: by Krishne (new)

Krishne Tanneerbavi | 7 comments Book: A divine visit and the human touch
Author: D. Gnanasekaran
Publishers: @bluerose_publishers
About the book: "The fifteen short stories in this collection are marked by an intimate and urgent sense of passion. This collection is about the lives of people and what their real life interactions are like. These are stories where you can relate to the characters; you can laugh, cry and feel with them. When you finish reading, you don’t just walk out with the memory of the stories, but with a memory of your life refreshed. The writing is characterized by elegance and economy of words and offers insights into the humdrum of ordinary lives, spiced with unexpected events. Despite different contexts, the human element is in the forefront. "
Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book. As said in the blurb, the stories made me laugh and cry and think about everything I’ve done till now and what I’ll do in the future. These are fifteen heartwarming stories and sometimes I wanted the stories to be longer. I actually don’t read short stories much but after this I’m definitely going to explore this genre. All the stories felt like the author has penned down his personal life experiences and never once like fiction or that this may not happen in life. The cover of the book is beautiful. My favourite story was ‘Call me dad for once’.

message 37: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Sakhi
AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW

A conversation with Aparnaraje Ingle, author of Sakhi, published by Bluerose Publishers
l am an agriculturist, housewife, mother of two children and a wife of a physician
cardiologist. My hobby has always been writing, reading and painting and of course
cooking
2. Who or what inspired to write the book?
Iwas inspired by a few close friends and firstly my husband and my children.
3. Title of the book is the first thing readers notice, how did you come up with such a
The title was chosen by me because it inspires a lot of closeness of the relation
simple yet powerful title?
4. Doyou feel the situation of widows in India is still as it was in the olden times?
Ifeel in India, as of now with the changing of each era we are somewhere getting
closer to the American lifestyle. This book has taken us far behind the existing time
where in widows were considered a ban in the society who was deprived of all the
liberties and glories of a maried woman.

message 38: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Behind the Hearts

Author Name – Bhagyashree Jaiswal

Book Name – Behind The Hearts

Review – This book is a collection of poetry by the author which basically revolves around how her perspective of the world has changed from her childhood to adulthood. I have never read anything of the sort, and I love the author’s imagination for the same. It is indeed an interesting way of portraying changes in one’s life. Change is the only constant in life, and the author has tried their best to do justice to this idea. I would recommend this to everyone who is looking for a breeze of fresh air of poetry, which is light, but also leaves you thinking about your own life and choices.

Title – ⅘

Cover – 4.5/5

Content – 4.5/5

Narration – ⅘

Overall rating – ⅘

message 39: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Behind the Hearts

AUTHOR'S INTERVIEW
A conversation with Bhagyashree Jaiswal, author of Behind the Hearts, published by
Bluerose Publishers
Ibelong to a small town though it had not affected the size of my thoughts and
dreams in anyway. People sayl am ambitious and very humble and sensitive, which
is a very rare combination and is both looked as my strength and weakness.
Ihave been writing since I was 16, but too casually. Although my friends and tutor
suggested me to continue it as profession. I always dreamt of becoming a Fashion
designer (glamour always fascinated me). But here l am living my passion of writing
as my profession and also working in corporate.
3. Who do you attribute your success to?
Well, not to mention that what all my parents have done for me as all these words
are too small to describe their value. The credit of my success goes to their hard
work, sacrifices, upbringing and of course their blessings.
4. Any message you would like to give to your readers?
My readers motivate me to write and I always wish that they could connect
themselves to my poems. I just want my readers to come out of their spectrum of
thoughts and breathe in the feeling hidden inside the poems.
5. Who or what inspired you to write the book?
Since my school times, I have always desired to bring a change in society and
make things a little better, whether if’s about the poverty or hampered ecosystem,
men’s rights or poor conservative thinking of people. I dont know when I would
be able to bring a visible change butI hope through this bookI contribute little
towards that big change. Because it all starts in our mind.

message 40: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Name: Nudge- New Supertool for Marketing Success
Author: Manish Ishwardayal Gupta
Pages: 144
The book is work of extensive research on the subject of Nudge and its use by us in marketing knowingly or unknowingly. The book highlights how Nudges act as supper tools when all marketing efforts fails. How it has been used by governments, like President Barack Obama in USA and Sir David Cameroon in U.K over the years since 2008, governments like ours in India of Shri Narendra Modi have started a Nudge team in P.M.O office for government policy implementation in public. The uses of Nudge has been growing in all fields of life, the book addresses how we use Nudge in marketing and Industry.
The author has used the example of marketing of cars to make us understand the concept of Nudge. He has put forth some many interesting points that manufacturers adopt to market their products. It’s amazing how we are made to believe that a certain product will work for us better than its similar counterpart, at the same time, I was terrified of how manipulative it can become. Well, there are pros and cons. The arguments presented in the book about the need for Nudge as a marketing tool are quite convincing and I agree, in a world where hordes of similar products are available, something needs to be present to set the product apart, either in its manufacture or in its marketing.
There are other examples too, like use of nudge tool to propagate that smoking causes cancer, or ensuring proper parking spots, or something as simple as highlighting a pothole so that drivers by-pass it. It’s fascinating to know this concept has been there all along and unconsciously, we have been a part of it too.
The writing is mostly technical and there were many terminologies that I had to google, but I get the gist of it. It was an enlightening read for me, to learn something new. The concept is understandable and might be a good read for people in marketing. The author has also cited many studies conducted world-wide and the conclusion drawn from each that further elaborate the use and need for Nudge.
I did have some thoughts about the ethical considerations of it; that was when I realised that in whole election 2019, there was use of this tool. I am not going to comment further on the issue, all I would like to say is, sure there are benefits from a technical and economical point of view. The knowledge of Nudge can be a huge benefit for small businesses but there needs to be a scrutiny to keep in check the moral aspects of it, at least in fields that deeply affect the proposed outcome that is derived from such marketing.
My rating 3.5/5
A conversation with Manish Ishwardayal Gupta, author of Nudge, published by Bluerose publishers.

Ans: I am a management practitioner and an academician, with wide interest in various management topics. I am working as a AGM Marketing in M/s Delphi TVS Technologies Ltd in Pune and teaching as visiting faculty to various institutes of management in Pune. I have taught M.B.A and PGDBM, PGDMM students of ASM IBMR, Chinchward as Associate Professor in Management.
Ans: I am currently fulfilling my dream of writing books on subjects learnt in life being a practicing manager for students of future generations.
Ans. Reading books of foreign authors, who write on their research, inspired me to write the book.
4. Who is your favourite author?
Ans. Among my favourite are Management authors: Nasim Talib, Sunstien, Kotler etc.
5. The concept of subliminal messaging that the Nudge tool requires, do you believe there is a possibility of an ethical conundrum in the concept?
Ans: The concept of Nudge theory has its use in marketing and in Industry, Nudge is turning out to be the super tools when all marketing efforts fail in market, the marketers must use Nudge factors as tools, since Nudge acts in subtle way, not only is it effective in delivering results, but also it puts back the focus on USP’s. We often come across situations in marketing, where all market products have similar features and product is not getting customer attention, this can happen in market due to too many suppliers or onslaught of MNC companies putting their product against domestic manufactures.
There are ethical & unethical use, of all knowledge we have, unethical use of Nudge can also be in promoting unethical products, which have been there since ages, but we were not aware that Nudge is used. With the knowledge of how Nudges work, we will be more conscious on what we use as a product and why we use or buy any product.

message 41: by Priyambada (new)

Priyambada Das | 6 comments Book- Shades Of Life
Author- Shipra Malik
Publisher- Bluerose Publishers
Pages- 58

Life. It has unique plot in store for each individual. Some gain in one field and lose in another, some are content with their hand-to-mouth life but some can't even sleep in peace with a life full of riches. Some are happily single while some are lonely in a marriage. Someone's life begins at 40 and someone's ends at 20. In short, life is unpredictable, but sometimes knowingly or unknowingly our actions and judgements make it unfair.

Shipra Malik evaluates the shades of life in the form of poetry ranging from the nature's importance in our life to our horrible nature of deceit and vile character to inflict pain and torture in others; from the purity of a mother and childs relationship to the destruction of dreams and hopes caused by fake relationships. From the hypocrisy and patriarchy to "I am called “woman”,
To never forget my role to “woe a man”

The idea behind the book is commendable. The writing style is plain. The poems were enlightening but could be more poetic. These poems throw light on the topics which are so rampant that it has started blending into normal life as common happenings.

Rating- 🌟🌟🌟.5/5

message 42: by Alyssa Janine (new)

Alyssa Janine Busia (alysinbookland) | 6 comments Book Review: Between Frost and Fury by Chani Lynn Feener

https://alysinbookland.wordpress.com/...

message 43: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments LONELY BREAKUP HAPPY LOVE

Author name : Shivangi gupta
book name : lonely breakup happy love
Review -Love. It’s funny how this word holds unique meanings for different people. I love how the author has shed light on how relationships end up in different paths in the name of love and how Colonel Bakshi, who has pledged to help these people struggling with love, succeeds in putting sense into their minds on how love requires patience and sacrifice. Colonel Bakshi is running this “Breakup Dormitory” because he has pledged to help broken hearts, after his own daughter committed suicide because of her breakup. The narration is beautiful with how different stories of different people are woven together that end up at Mr. Bakshi’s door in the end. The stories are engaging, relatable and beautifully expressed. It is an emotional ride, showing different colors of love in its way. There are innumerable love stories in the market today, but I love how ordinarily extraordinary this book is. More power to the author!
Title - ⅗
Cover - 3.5/5
Story - 4.5/5
Narration - Excellent

message 44: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments A Simple Approach to YogaAuthor Name – Shakuntala S

Book Name – A Simple Approach to Yoga

Reviews –
I was never exactly the kind of person who was into Yoga, although my father persistently tried to convince me to try Yoga. I picked up this book because of him, to understand the history of Yoga and the positive effects of its practice. Of course I have heard a lot about Yoga, its origin in India and how it has attracted a lot of foreigners to India in the recent past. I know how Yoga can be almost magical for those who practice it daily, but I as a beginner often wondered on how and when I should start, without going through the pain of spending resources to a Yoga class everyday. As the title suggests, the author has used simple language and figures to demonstrate the advantages of Yoga in one’s life. Unlike video lessons, it was slightly difficult to comprehend complex asanas in one go, but once you understand a few initial asanas, you find it easier to refer to this book than to a video lesson. I love how the author didn’t directly jump to the asanas, and first gave a little insight on how Yoga came into action and the guidelines to be followed before one starts practicing it. Thanks to the author and the publisher, I have seriously considered practicing Yoga on a regular basis.
Rating – ⅘

message 45: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Yugprabha

Title: Yugprabha by Anand Siddharth

Page count : 62
Language : Hindi . . .

Yugprabha is an amazing collection of poetry. Poetry which inspires you, which motivates you. Patriotism, self confidence, politics and everything is discussed in the book.
With a simple and understandable language, Yugprabha talks about patriotism, life and death and all the human emotions.

Every poem has a story and has a very deep meaning. Poetry has always been my favorite and I must say yugprabha is an amazing work by the author. Title and cover both are great.

This book talks about the different aspects of life and will motivate you in every way. . .

Overall experience : It’s a short read..i finished reading this book in an hour.And I enjoyed reading it. . .

message 46: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Snapped Threads

Author Name – Riddhi Agarwal

Book Name – Snapped Threads
Review
– It is astonishing how a 16-year-old was able to capture the depth of dark emotions with such intensity. The story is an amazing crime thriller which keeps you involved every page of the book. The way the author has portrayed relationships and friendships is worth a read, and absolutely commendable. Indian writers mostly do not venture into thrillers, and those who do, do not do justice to the idea behind it. With this book, I am satisfied with the story as well as the narration. The author has used simple words and sentence structure, which makes it an easy read for readers of all age groups. I was not very sure about this book when I picked it up, but I’m glad I read it through. The best thing about this book is the fact that the author has put in enough research and effort in character building, which one often seems to overlook, especially in thrillers. I’m extremely impressed by her work and wish to read more by her!

Rating – 4.5/5

message 47: by Kriti (new)

Kriti (kritigandhi) | 18 comments Snapped Threads

A conversation with Riddhi Agarwal, author of Snapped Threads, published by Bluerosepublishers.

1. Tell us about yourselfI'm Riddhi Agarwal, a 16-year old residing in Kochi. For as long as l can remember,being an author was at the top of my bucket list, owing to my fascination for stories.Many readers picked the book merely out of curiosity to see what a girl of my agecould write. No introduction of mine could be complete without mentioning myenthusiasm for travelling. I'm the kind, often to my own surprise, who just cannot sitidle. You could find me experimenting with a new recipe, or trying to make my ownpieces on the piano or simply planning my dream vacation

.2. If not being an author, what was your dream in life?Like l said before, being an author was one on my list. I have a lot more on it, waitingto see how it would all turn out.

3. Who do you attribute your success to?Ibelieve that every person we come across in our short lives has something to gives. I say this in the capacity of a young adult, whatever l am today is a hybrid of thequalities I have imbibed from every person l've had the opportunity to interact with.But ofcourse, it would be unfair if I failed to acknowledge the efforts my parents haveput in to make this possible. My family, my teachers, my friends, everybody hasplayed a crucial role in this journey.

4. Any message you would like to give to your readers?In today's world, where the IT revolution has already paled, where Instagram is hailedas a boon, where Netflix is the new fad, a fine line has appeared between books andpeople. I can say this without doubt, nothing beats the joy of holding a book in hand.Maybe add a cup of coffee to it? If I have to give a message to my fellow readers,never stop. Reading can change your lives in unimaginable ways. It has changedmine

.5. Who or what inspired you to write the book?Inspiration is all around us.Being the avid reader I was, the idea of writing my own story struck me out of theblue a few years back. I was fascinated by the powers of a writer-they could createcharacters, they could put them in a setting of their own, they could make themspeak and dress the way they chose, they could write their fates. I never knew that lwould come this far from that day.

message 48: by Priyambada (new)

Priyambada Das | 6 comments Book- Musings and More
Author- Gunjan Shah
Publisher- Bluerose Publishers
Pages- 30

The Author talks about how unpredictable our life is, that how important it is to live our life to the fullest every moment, the promise of a lover to be there for his love, of nightmares and of one-sided love, of a lost friend and his poetic affair and a lot more that we can relate to. The poems are written in both Hindi and English. These poems are made up of a journey of long lost emotions, of longing and of love, of destruction and the need to live and love. I quite liked the Hindi poems and I believe the English poems were quite simple and could have been executed better. Overall, it was an one time short read..
Rating- 🌟🌟🌟.5/5

A conversation with Gunjan Shah, author of Musings and more, published by Bluerose Publishers.

1. Tell us about yourself: Based in Mumbai, I am a 21 year old Mass Media Graduate, who is looking forward to making his name in the Field of Content Writing, Technology Journalism and Music. I am currently pursuing M.A in Communication and Journalism from Kishinchand Chellaram College, Mumbai, and planning to pursue further education in the field of Music Production and Composition from UK or USA. It can be stated that I breathe on Music, consume the latest and the greatest about tech everyday, and write and create content as my daily cycle of work.

2. If not being an author, what was your dream in life: Everything that I currently do are connected to each other and provide me with some or the other option to do something productive in my life, such as Music, as with Music, I am able to connect to a mass audience with the help of something that seems to be a talent for them, but is only natural to me, as I love to be around people who learn, practice and create music, which in the process also makes me learn, practice and create some music of my own. Similar is the case with Journalism or Content writing, the niche that I work on is something that I have been practising and working on so much that now all of it feels like a habit, and one so important that it seems lonely without all of it. So when it comes to my dream in life besides being an author, then my dream is to continue doing all the stuff that I do, and while doing so, someday earn my name in those fields somewhere down the line in future.

3. Who do you attribute your success to: There is a long list when it comes to speaking of the people who I attribute my success to, but to cut it short, I attribute my success to my elder Brother the most as he always helped me achieve what I never could, though sometimes through some tougher options, and also helping me with the monetary requirements, then I would attribute my success to my Parents and my Family, as it was only due to their constant belief in me and the support that they always gave me, that I am what I am right now, in all the things that I am doing in my life. My friends have also played a strong a constant role in my entire journey, so they also deserve to be attributed to my success as it was due to their constant taunts and neglections that I could produce the best possible version of my work. And lastly, I would like to attribute my success to all the people, events and things that were a part of my life, as it was only due to all that, that I am a Published author, and I had inspiration and reason to create content for the book.

4. Any Message you would like to give to your readers: Everyone is not as lucky as I feel right now, there are bunches of youngsters and even some people from the older generations who regret it as they couldn’t continue to learn, practice or showcase their art at the right time due to family, peer and social pressure. Being lucky to have a supporting family, peer group, and society, I feel it is of utmost importance, that no matter what faculty you are studying or what profession you are pursuing, you should never kill away your dreams ad hobbies, you should always take out sometime and indulge yourself in stuff that you love to do, it is the best moral support and the best feeling that can be experienced. And to the parents that might read, Please Stop Pushing your kids into a race for the best profession, in the modern world, there is no such thing as the Best Profession, every profession is unique and special in its own way, and is incomparable to the other counterparts. Just know that, in your pushing your child into a race of the best profession, be it because of your own will, peer pressure or due to social pressure, you also kill an aspiring artist, or a dreamer just because you think that it’s not the best profession, who knows, 20 years down the line, if you had supported your child in the hobbies that he/she had and let them focus to make their hobbies into a career, they would have turned out to be the best in Business! Thank You!

5. Who or What inspired you to write the Book: To be honest, there are loads and loads of places, people or instances that can give you inspiration to do anything and everything in the world, right from resolving to lose weight upto fighting for what is right. So is the case with me, my Book “Musings and More” is an anthology of Hindi and English poems, and it has been inspired by many things such as mere thoughts of the end of the world, my friends, the society around me, etc, etc. thus for my book as well as everything else in the world, every moment, every thing, every thought, and every person can prove to be an inspiration to make a change or create something extraordinary.

message 49: by Krishne (new)

Krishne Tanneerbavi | 7 comments Book: Impact of Cricket on the youngest Indian.
Author: Anand Raj
Publisher: @bluerose_publisher

About the book:

The people of the world have become puppets in the hands of technology, internet, telecommunications, and visual media.. Games and sports are the only activities today that are undertaken in the real sense, that make us fit, fine, and healthy, round the year. So, the book “Impact of Cricket on the Youngest Indian” is explicit in itself. Though, the book has been written in three parts keeping its essence for the readers.

These are:-

a.Genesis of Cricket.
Genesis of cricket as sport since 1597 in England. Details of first ODI in 1844 and first test match played from 15-19 March 1877 at MelbourneCricket Ground between Australia and England. History of Women cricket in the world and how Indians cherished cricket; discarding indigenous sports. Role of Coach is pivotal character; can be read in this part.

b.Impact of Cricket.
Impact of cricket on youth Indian. Its pros and cons has been delved and brought under this part. Misappropriation of power, money and corruption in the BCCI may be the focal topic to study. Crazy of cricket fans and their attitude have been : analyzed and brought into notice to the parents of such youth. Factual value and benefits of sports can be understood by reading this part.

c.Gist of Cricket.
It includes Rules, Laws and summary of cricket which were followed in the past and being followed in the present.

Review:
It’s World Cup time and a book about cricket is a must 😂. I actually wanted to post this yesterday but was completely immersed in India vs Pakistan match.
The book is divided into three parts:
Genesis, Impact and Gist.
Genesis follows the history of cricket form the very beginning, Impact explains the pros and cons and the impact of cricket on a large and populated country like India whereas the Gist has all the rules , laws and summary of cricket (must for fans). The author has done a thorough research on the subject. The narrative is simple and catchy considering the dry subject. Midway I felt that more interesting and juicy stories of cricket could’ve been included. On the whole, I enjoyed it but it purely depends on your interest in the subject and the genre if you’ll enjoy it.

🌟🌟🌟.5

message 50: by pristine.books (new)

pristine.books | 28 comments Book: We lived to love is to live
Author: Rakhi Tewathia
Jennifer is a young woman and a newbie who has just joined a startup where she meets Ravinder, her reporting manager at an office party. They fall in love and form a strong bond. One day, she finds out that Ravinder is married and has a kid too and thereon starts the series of unexpected events which turn her life upside down. The story is how she takes baby steps and with support from family and friends.
I finished the book in one go as it was a simple and easy read. It beautifully elaborates how one can move on from a rough phase one step at a time and see the surprises life has to offer. It teaches us that love happens but when you realise there is no future, no validation to your feelings, all you need to do is get out of it and respect and relish the memories created.
A conversation with Rakhi Tewathia, author of We lived- to love is to live, published by Bluerose publishers.
Rakhi Tewathia, 26 is a Marketing specialist, being born and raised in Delhi, Debutant in the world of writing. Rakhi believes that one should do something only when it comes from within. Living her life in style.
If not being an author than I would be doing Learning new things, meeting new people, travelling to unexplored places, doing something that’s terrifying yet exciting, trying out new cuisines, reading great books, listening to the best music, owning a house with a garden and the list goes on. Little ambitious right ;) All in all, it is to live doing all sort of things unabashedly and making some kickass memories while doing so.
Writing is my passion before I wrote a novel, I tried myself in writing blogs and while writing blogs I had a whole collection of stories. After all what a girl doesn’t like love stories! Why a love story because it takes me out of my head into a dream land! And I myself is very romantic person. The complexity of relationship makes love stories the perfect material for storytelling.
4. How did you come up with the title of the book?
From my only concentration and commitment for love I came up with the title of the book!
We Live In Love!
Sudeep Nagarkar because the narration is good and one can easily get into the story.

« previous 1