Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Ship of Destiny [Apr 11, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-45 of 45 (45 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Come and join us.

message 2: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hopefully everybody is in for this. Great series. Glad I listened to Bill and Niki after not liking Farseer because of Fitz.

Bill | 2130 comments Can’t wait. Any one else planning to read the rest of the Elderling books after?

message 4: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Bill wrote: "Can’t wait. Any one else planning to read the rest of the Elderling books after?"

What comes next Rainwild Chronicles? I'd be down for that. I don't know if I can do the rest of the Fitz books.

The Dragon Keeper

Bill | 2130 comments Think Tawny Man trilogy is next. Seems like there is very little interaction between the Liveship stuff and the Fitz stuff though so guess we can skip it. I would probably just try to knock out Tawny Man in the time between books though. Which I’m totally good with.

Frank | 650 comments I'll be here to finish Liveship.
Would like to do Tawny Man eventually as well. Also, will try to jump in on the Rainwild Chronicles, although have not heard much about them.

message 7: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Either way. If you guys want to do it in order I'll try Tawny Man.

Ctgt | 134 comments I'm in for Ship of Destiny and for the next series as well. I would probably prefer to read them in sequence....but I'm a little weird about that kind of thing :/

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Started this morning.

Just seeing the previous comments and I have a thing with reading books in order, so I'd prefer to do the series in order or I might have to bow out.

message 10: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm going to start tonight.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 18% (view spoiler)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I’ll probably need a break from Hobb after this. Her slow pacing drives me insane. But I’ll definitely be reading in order.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 25% (view spoiler)

message 14: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Starting tomorrow

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Just began reading and who would have thought I’d one day be Team Malta?

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 60% So am I getting this wrong? (view spoiler)

message 17: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Olivia wrote: "Just began reading and who would have thought I’d one day be Team Malta?"

That one thought about the satrap certainly showed some growth.

message 18: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "18% [spoilers removed]"

Didn't see that coming!

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 62% (view spoiler)

message 20: by Diana Stormblessed (last edited Apr 12, 2018 06:10AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ctgt wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "18% [spoilers removed]"

Didn't see that coming!"

Uh oh. Hope you're past 60%. I purposely put how far I am for spoiler reasons.

Edit: Never mind, just saw your comment was for a different post and not my most recent. :-)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 70% (view spoiler)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I just reached the 19% mark. Agreed with what was said above.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 75% (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments 82% What I like about this book (view spoiler)

message 25: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments You're crushing me Diana, I'm about 50% in and am having a hard time staying away from your spoilers:)
Seems as though there are a lot of balls in the air so I'm very interested to see how some of these threads are wrapped up.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments I finished last night. Loved the book. Can't wait for you to catch up.

message 27: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "60% So am I getting this wrong? [spoilers removed]"

This really came out of the blue. (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ctgt wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "60% So am I getting this wrong? [spoilers removed]"

This really came out of the blue. [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Ctgt (last edited Apr 14, 2018 06:28PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "[spoilers removed]"
60%

I checked some other threads (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ctgt wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "[spoilers removed]"
60%

I checked some other threads [spoilers removed]"

Yeah I def missed it in Ship of Magic. I started suspecting in Mad Ship and I know there were a few hints dropped in Ship of Destiny.

message 31: by Ctgt (last edited Apr 15, 2018 06:58AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments I wish I could say that this is unusual for me but I tend to be obtuse when it comes to picking up hints. When I read mysteries I'm horrible at figuring out whodunit :/
Of course on the positive side of that I am also quite frequently surprised at the end.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I missed this as well. Just arriving at around 65% now and I must say I’m a bit horrified.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments I’m done. I’m not sure if I want to keep reading Hobb. I love her world and characters and plot but I find her pacing super frustrating :/

message 34: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "70% [spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

message 35: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through chapter 17. There really hasn't been anything that's shocked me including Vivacia but I just love the characters and world so much.

message 36: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Through 23

(view spoiler)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Agreed, Scott, he was no longer redeemable and that’s sad because I really liked him.

message 38: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I finished last night. Loved the book. Can't wait for you to catch up."

Finished up yesterday and really enjoyed the whole series.
(view spoiler)

message 39: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I finished last night. Loved the book. Can't wait for you to catch up."

[spoilers removed]"

Finished this morning.

(view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Scott wrote: "Ctgt wrote: "Diana Stormblessed wrote: "I finished last night. Loved the book. Can't wait for you to catch up."

[spoilers removed]"

Fini..."

"You cannot have my pain!" (Sorry, Oathbringer reference)

I agree with you (view spoiler)

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Are we continuing to Tawny Man series? I noticed that I didn't see it on the calendar.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1054 comments Me personally I need a Hobb break. Tawny Man is for 2019 lol

message 43: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments Diana Stormblessed wrote: "Are we continuing to Tawny Man series? I noticed that I didn't see it on the calendar."

Just noticed your post, I could start Tawny Man series in June if that fits your schedule.

Diana Stormblessed (dashichka) | 3908 comments Ok! I'm in :-)

message 45: by Ctgt (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ctgt | 134 comments I'll hit up the mods to add it to the schedule. Do you want to plan all three books right away? What kind of time frame are you thinking? One a month?