YW Adelaide discussion

Locations and Dates > A Wrinkle in Time Meet Up

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Marie | 25 comments Hi Everyone,

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

I just wanted to organise a time and date for us to meet and discuss our new book so that we have a reading time frame.

I know weekends are the best so at the end of April there is:
Saturday 28th April
Sunday 29th April

Or we could do the first weekend in May
Saturday 5th May
Sunday 6th May

If people let me know date preferences/ availability I can then narrow down a location.

Have a lovely evening everyone.

message 2: by Danielle (new)

Danielle | 25 comments Mod
I'm happy with any of these times : )

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel (animelanie) | 33 comments Mod
Thanks Kyle, I am also happy with any of these =)
Small chance I might be unavailable on the 29th of April, but should be ok still - depending on timing (I would be unavailable from mid arvo)
Cheers!

message 4: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments The weekend in May would probably suit me better personally, there's a strong possibility I won't be available during the April weekend dates, but I'm happy to go with whatever the general consensus is.

message 5: by Adele (new)

Adele (Adele_reads) | 33 comments Mod
I can work with all the times as well :)

message 6: by Dragana (new)

Dragana | 5 comments May would be ideal for myself - either 5th or 6th would work. April would be a little more difficult! :)

message 7: by Kyle (new)

It seems the May weekend is the better of the two.

I will have a look at places in the city where we can meet and which day would be best to book.

Thank you for responding everyone.

message 8: by Liz (new)

Liz Mitchell | 5 comments Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if a date and location had been set for Wrinkle? I’m just updating my diary because I think May is going to sneak up on me!

Thanks! Lizzy

message 9: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Marie | 25 comments Hi Lizzy,

We decided on the weekend of 5th/6th May.

I will get onto finding a venue this week. I got married a week ago and have had international guests so not had any spare time.

message 10: by Liz (new)

Liz Mitchell | 5 comments Thank you and congratulations!!!

:)

message 11: by Adele (new)

Congratulations :)

message 12: by Kyle (new)

I am just trying to find a place in the city that we can meet. It isn't easy with weekend opening hours.

Would everyone be okay with a pub? There are a couple in the city with really nice outside spaces and as they are bigger, it might be less noisy/ easy for us to get together as a group without booking.

There is also the Avoca on South Road, which is a lovely pub with a lot of space.

This might give us more time options as well.

Let me know what you think :)

message 13: by Dragana (new)

Dragana | 5 comments The Avoca looks really nice!!! I'm very keen for a pub.

What's the general thoughts on the actual day? The 6th afternoon would personally suit me better, but happy to do the 5th if that's the popular choice :)

message 14: by Mel (new)

Happy with pubs on the outskirts/perimeter of the city, quite happy to go to the Avoca (pretty sure it's not far from the train station?) I'm good with either date, we thinking lunch for it?

message 15: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Marie | 25 comments Hi,

I was thinking around 1pm ish on the Sunday (6th).

message 16: by Dragana (new)

Dragana | 5 comments That's perfect for me!

message 17: by Danielle (new)

Sounds good to me too : )

message 18: by Adele (new)

Sounds good !

message 19: by Liz (new)

Liz Mitchell | 5 comments Perfect!

message 20: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Marie | 25 comments Great so 1pm at the Avoca on Sunday 6th May 😊

message 21: by Mel (new)

Done, see you all then! =)

message 22: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments 1pm at the Avoca on the 6th is great! See you guys then!

message 23: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments Also, this will be my first time meeting you all (I wasn't able to make it to the first meet up unfortunately), so I don't know what anyone looks like haha, is there anywhere in particular that we'll meet at the Avoca? (I just had these images of me going up to random groups to ask if they were in a book club haha)

message 24: by Mel (new)

Hi Chantel,
We will be out in the decks area (towards the back if you enter from South Road) and will have the book on the table, so look out for the book.
Alternatively, you can msg me a private message on here before the weekend and we can exchange numbers so you can msg me on the day to find out an exact spot or a colour to look out for or something =)
Cheers
Mel

message 25: by Chantel (new)

Chantel | 14 comments Thanks Mel! I'll head into the decks area and keep an eye out for the book! I should be okay!
See you Sunday!

message 26: by Adele (new)

Sorry ladies going to have to give today a miss. Have fun and I’ll see you next time !

message 27: by Liz (new)

Liz Mitchell | 5 comments I have had a disaster of a morning and am now sitting outside my house, locked out waiting for my brother in law to finish work to come and drop the spare keys off... I’m so sad to be missing this! If he isn’t too late I will try and come late...

Xx

message 28: by Mel (new)

sounds like a tough morning Liz! good luck! see you another time if you can't make it

message 29: by Danielle (new)

I won't be able to make it also. Really sorry, I forgot it was today. I hope you girls have fun discussing the book. Looking foward to the next one 😊

message 30: by Kyle (new)

Just wanted to say thank you to those who managed to make the get together on Sunday. It was great to meet Chantel and to catch up with people.

While we were there, Mel mentioned a cafe called Mockingbird Lounge, which is a secondhand book store/cafe where book clubs can meet. We will hopefully get chance to check it out over the next few weeks and if it is good, it might come in useful for future meetings.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and that your day got a little better Liz and you managed to get back into your house okay.

It was really interesting to hear everyone's opinion of A Wrinkle in Time. If those of you who could not attend would like to share your thoughts as well, that would be great.

After much discussion, Chantel came up with a great suggestion for our next genre. She suggested horror/ thriller (correct me if I am wrong Chantel). If anyone has any suggestions on books to suit this genre then please feel free to start a new topic for this.

As a group, we thought late June might be a good time for our next meeting, however, we can confirm this closer to the time.

Have a lovely day everyone,
Kyle