Team Hooman discussion

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebecita) | 105 comments Mod
Hey everyone! My job is real stressful right now and I need some soothing audiobooks. I just enjoyed Binti and Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology - both have fabulous narration and are on the shorter side. Thanks for any ideas! Bonus if it's available through Hoopla.

message 2: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 16 comments I wish I loved audiobooks, but they still haven't hooked me - my husband, however, is starting an hour-long commute soon and I looked up some audio dramas that would tide him over for the drive. I don't know if they're necessarily soothing, but he started to listen to some at work already (he's also an audiobook fan) and really loves it. Here's the list if you're interested - they're generally available wherever you can download podcasts!

The Leviathan Chronicles
The Once and Future Nerd
Edict Zero: FIS
Wolf 359 (heard it takes a little while for this to get really good)
Tumanbay
Liberty: Critical Research
Radiation World
Ars Paradoxica
Deep Vault
LifeAfter
Limetown
We're Alive

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Thanks Heidi for the awesome list, I will look into some of these! As a Star Trek fan my eye was immediately drawn to Wolf 359...

I also found some of the mythology collections by Padraic Colum are available on audio via hoopla so that's my bedtime story right now :)

message 4: by Heidi (new)

Heidi | 16 comments Oooh I'll have to check that out!

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 59 comments Mod
If you enjoy mythology, I recommend Circe by Madeline Miller. It was a S&L group read a few months ago, and I really enjoyed it. I know it's on Audible, don't know about Hoopla

message 6: by Rebecca (last edited Oct 22, 2018 06:56PM) (new)

Oh gosh I went real crazy on audiobooks this year and I've read so many since I posted this! A couple of my favorites:

The Poet X - This is a novel in verse about a teen who discovers slam poetry, read by the author... who is naturally a slam poet herself. Totally next level audio experience!

Of Fire and Stars - This is a romance between 2 princesses, basically set in Rohan! Features dual narrators.