Play Book Tag discussion

Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2)
This topic is about Scarlet
Archive: Other Books > Scarlet,/Marissa Meyer - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoLene (last edited Mar 17, 2018 04:55PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Cross-posted to listopia challenge

This is the second of the Lunar Chronicles book and we are introduced to more characters. Cinder had been thrown in jail after the revelations in book 1. While she is plotting to escape, with a fellow prisoner, Captain Thorn. In France, Scarlet Benoit's grandmother has been kidnapped and she is trying desperately to find her. Unlikely help comes from a streetfighter nick-named wolf, but it's unclear where his loyalties really lie. In the meantime, Queen Levana is still blackmail Kai into marrying her.

There was quite a lot going on in this installment. I listened to the audio book, but I think that I wasn't tracking closely enough because I did get a bit confused a couple of times. Perhaps I will read the next installment. The story is still very engaging and there were definitely some twists and turns that I didn't see coming. I liked the new characters -- especially Scarlet and Thorn (for comic relief).

Ladyslott | 1880 comments If the right tag gets chosen for April I will be reading Cress (book #3), I've enjoyed the first 2.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments I will probably join you :-D

message 4: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments You guys mean folklore? That that would be the right tag to get chosen? I’m totally fine if folklore wins. But I did vote for strong women because it’s my listopia list topic. I have plenty for folklore.

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Amy wrote: "You guys mean folklore? That that would be the right tag to get chosen? I’m totally fine if folklore wins. But I did vote for strong women because it’s my listopia list topic. I have plenty for fol..."

It's tagged with both Folklore and Strong Women

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments Well then there you go! I have four double tagged on my own list.

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Yeah, the series is based on fairy tales and has some kick-a— females!

Karin | 6920 comments This was my least favourite in this series as I found writing in the first half not particularly well done, but my daughters disagree with me strongly on that.