Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > WorldCat

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments After having searched for a few different books and comics and not finding them here, and going through the somewhat cumbersome 'add a book' process, I was wondering if it would be possible to import books from WorldCat? That would simplify things greatly, and ensure a more consistent manner of indexing the works on the site and the same basic meta data across the board.
It should also help with finding works in the different languages.

I ask here, because I hope I might get an answer in this group.

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 22748 comments Sorry Maria, that is a site functionality topic so you should copy it and add it to the Feedback Group.

Librarians are volunteers and only deal with book records & author problems.

message 3: by Arenda (last edited Mar 18, 2018 04:52AM) (new)

Arenda | 19906 comments Maria wrote: "After having searched for a few different books and comics and not finding them here, and going through the somewhat cumbersome 'add a book' process, I was wondering if it would be possible to impo..."

I don't know if you used the isbn to search for the book, as the Danish edition of Caesars papyrus was already on GR since 2016: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
which makes the edition you added a duplicate: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

ETA: this duplicate is merged now, and recombined with the other editions

message 4: by Maria (new)

Maria | 2 comments I searched title, series title and author first. It showed up in none of those searches. It didn't appear at all until the site said there was a conflicting ISBN. So, something is/was wrong if the edition doesn't show up in any of the above searches.

I will copy the question on WorldCat to the Feedback Group then.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.