Squabbling Dragons discussion

February BOTM > Frostblood SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirstie (new)

Kirstie Ellen (kirstieellen) | 64 comments Mod
GIMME ALL YE THOUGHTS.

Personally, I was a titch disappointed. I really enjoyed all the magical elements and the overall plot but holy moly did it jump through the plot fast. Character development was . . . sparce and the relationships between them was something beyond instant XD

YET IT WAS TOTALLY ADDICTIVE.

message 2: by Casey (new)

Casey (caseysmurph) | 45 comments Mod
SOOOOOOO i actually really enjoyed this even if I would describe it as super cheesy and super tropey but in a okay done way XD

The plot jumped so fast my head was like wtf is even happening and ofcourse we have the firey female with fire powers and the stoic prince with ice powers.

I just had a heap of fun and thought the fight scenes were super well done I even jumped straight into the next book which THANKFULLY the editing/writing improves a heap.

message 3: by Kirstie (new)

Casey wrote:

. . . how much better is book two?? *casually googles how much the second book costs to buy*

message 4: by Casey (new)

Kirstie wrote: "Casey wrote:

. . . how much better is book two?? *casually googles how much the second book costs to buy*"

It's like half a star better XD

message 5: by Kirstie (new)

Casey wrote: "Kirstie wrote: "Casey wrote:

. . . how much better is book two?? *casually googles how much the second book costs to buy*"

It's like half a star better XD"

bahahah okayy

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Penny | 1 comments Hey guys, I really enjoyed this book too, despite it reminding me heavily of Red Queen; but I don't think it's really fair to keep comparing books to RQ just because I read it first..

There were loads of elements I really enjoyed that I wished were elaborated on, like the creation of magic from the different gods and the dark power in the throne. I just don't think they got enough face time. And that female Champion leader (sorry I don't have the book with me).

Totally picked Arcus as being the king though, I mean come on lol

message 7: by Kirstie (new)

Sara wrote: "."

Haha I totally can relate to that!! Anything that dystopian, involves magic and royalty instantly makes you think of that series!

Elaboration would have been MAGNIFICENT. Definitely agree on that - maybe we can cross our fingers for some novellas?! I'd be down for that. Ahh yes, I'd love to know more about her too (I've forgotten her name as well) - so many characters, not enough decent back stories!

Bahah I'm terrible for picking those twists. Honestly didn't even cross my mind that that might be a plot twist. I bet your bottom dollar that Casey pegged that one from the begging!

Thanks Sara :D

message 8: by Casey (new)

Theres heaps of explanations on the throne demons and the dark and light child in the next book! It's kept simple enough too that I wasnt like umm wtf are these demon/gods and why are they doing this.

Also I am unsure who the female champion leader is, do you mean the one that gives her advice before she goes to fight or the society chick that was in love with the king?