Collegedale Public Library discussion

2018 Reading Challenge > April 2018

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 376 comments Mod
The April category is a book from the "New Adult" Genre. Here is the definition of "New Adult".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_adu...

message 3: by Kelly (last edited Apr 26, 2018 02:45PM) (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 376 comments Mod
I am looking at reading A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas because my daughter loved this series. I also have the audio for Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. We will see which one that I make it through...maybe both! ;) I ended up with Beautiful Disaster and it was definitely a disaster! Horrible!

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Johnson | 113 comments Skipping this topic.

message 5: by Brooke Marsh (new)

Brooke Marsh | 37 comments I'm reading The Magicians. So far it is interesting and has a Harry Potter vibe

message 6: by Brooke Marsh (new)

Brooke Marsh | 37 comments I didn't like it. the plot was very slow to appear and it was too angst-filled.

message 7: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 231 comments I read heiress of collinwood, an original story based off of the late 60s/early 70s soap opera dark shadows. unfortunately for my interest, the characters I like the most were absent, or nearly so, from this book. as far as the young adult aspect goes, it is an interesting reveal of the changes in society since then. while the main character and at least one other fit into the age range for new adult, they are too mature to actually qualify. while the description of new adult encompasses activities that have always been applicable, it seems that they used to be limited to the rich who had the leisure to spend on such angst; most people just made it work because that's what needed to be done.