Why Christianity? discussion

Major topics > Does God change His mind?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
I've heard many a Christian and Muslim declare that God never changes His mind. That he knows all past and future and learns nothing. But:

Jonah 3
10 When God saw what they did, how they turned from their evil way, God relented of the disaster that he had said he would do to them, and he did not do it.

But God is active and living this journey with us.

message 2: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Rod - I concur. The future for inidividuals as well as Nations is malleable.

message 3: by Cherie (new)

Cherie | 18 comments Couldn’t resist adding to this older thread. The way I see it, God can see all the possibilities any person can or could take. So there’s the earth we are in now, but then there are all the earths that could have been or could be. An infinity of possibilities. I imagine then that God knows all of the certain ways there are that we “could have” gone or could go, but is also aware of what the actual timeline of our earth is. Tbh thinking about it hurts my head. But I imagine God knows everything you could do, what you actually decide to do is completely your choice.

message 4: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle | 469 comments Mod
I agree. There's freedom... but God can predict the destination.

message 5: by Robert (new)

Robert Core | 303 comments Cherie, Rod - I don't concur. We are totally free to follow Christ or Satan. The Lord does give us a few subtle callings, but the onus is upon us to answer. Why would the angels rejoice at our choosing salvation if it was preordained?

message 6: by Cherie (new)

Cherie | 18 comments Well yeah. That’s one the infinity possibilities He can see!

message 7: by Cherie (new)

Cherie | 18 comments I definitely DO NOT believe in preordination I guess I wasn’t clear enough in my post above

message 8: by Charlet (new)

Charlet | 3 comments Short answer no. He does not ever change his mind