What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Woman falls in love with boss who has a surprising (horrifying)connection to her past.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Babydoll (last edited Mar 17, 2018 05:52PM) (new)

Babydoll  (reamdr2) | 11 comments (This will probably be filled with a couple spoilers so you've been warned.)
The book starts off with a woman who accidentally talks about her new boss to her new boss while hanging out in the buildings cafeteria. They talk he is charming ,if I remember correctly,and he somehow convinces her to go out with him.Her roommate I believe was all for it ,our heroine didn't date much for very good reasons. The two of them start a romantic relationship and everything is going good until(a fact I remember,he was very fond of giving her hickeys like a lot of them) .......BIG SPOILER....she finds out that it was his step brother rapped her when she was younger.!(He found this out while trying to locate her rapist if i recall but i could be mistaken)Something I believe he had figured way before she did but kept from her.It came up in their relationship because she was a little hesitant to let him hit from behind (her rapist pushed her down in her car) the couple do eventually go there though.(for the record the hero thinks his stepbrother is scum and is complete loyal to our heroine)Oh and before I forget ,this girl never pressed charges because her parents talked her out of it for there own sick benefit.okay that's pretty much it ,it would be great if someone could find its title for me.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Romette, I sincerely hope that when the h finds out who he is, she 1) dumps him and 2) presses charges and 3) there is a real H out there somewhere for her.

Ok, having gotten that off my chest-where is it set--U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Mexico? Big city, small town, rural? What genre--since I know that this is not a romance? Male or female author? How did you find this book--recommendation for you, it was on the "our stall suggests" shelf at library/book shop, you saw a review, the cover/back blurb grabbed your attention?

message 3: by Babydoll (new)

Babydoll  (reamdr2) | 11 comments I typed this out rather quickly on my phone so I guess there most have been some confusion. The guy the woman fell in love with wasn't her rapist just related to her rapist by marriage ,he didn't even know until he did some digging into her past. After he found out I believe he did attempt to tell her but then the rapist scumbag shows up though I can't remember why .

message 4: by Babydoll (new)

Babydoll  (reamdr2) | 11 comments It is a romance though and other than knowing it's set in a city in the United States, I don't recall it's setting.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Babydoll, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 6: by Babydoll (new)

Babydoll  (reamdr2) | 11 comments Still looking, I've remembered more details but not the title.

message 7: by Blue (new)

Blue | 834 comments what are the new details you remember? They might help.