What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Recommend me a book or two about a male protagonist who's suffering from mental illness. I prefer YA books. A tearjerking one would be wonderful. :)

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by adik (new)

adik miftakhur (adikmiftakhur) | 3 comments Please help me out with this.

message 2: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
The Wicker King by Ancrum, Calvin by Martine Leavitt, Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman. It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford.

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Not necessarily mental illness but suffered a traumatic brain injury when he was younger which causes him issues:
When I Am Through with You

And if you are open to a female protagonist she has OCD and anxiety
Turtles All the Way Down

message 8: by adik (new)

adik miftakhur (adikmiftakhur) | 3 comments Thanks to everyone who's suggesting lots of wonderful books, I'll check them out later today or tomorrow... Yayy!! 😍😍

message 12: by Jessica (new)

message 13: by Kaion (new)

Kaion (kaionvin) | 389 comments Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Alire Saenz

message 14: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2425 comments Jay's Journal

If you're willing to have a female MC, Lisa, Bright and Dark and I Never Promised You a Rose Garden are great.

message 15: by Ingo (new)

Ingo (ilembcke) | 625 comments Red Orc's Rage Red Orc's Rage (World of Tiers #6) by Philip José Farmer
While it is listed as a book in the "World of Tiers"-series by P J Farmer, it also works as a standalone, imho (although I read the series long ago before this book).
Using the setting of the World of Tiers in a therapy, this reads rather like one of the other books mentioned in this thread (esp. ... Rose Garden).
Male MC, read the blurb and I recommend it. Just checked, it is OOP, you may have to go for a used copy.
An EBook is available, though (checked only for Kindle).