The Nick Geiger Fan Club + SKEFFREY discussion

Favorite scenes/quotes from the series!! **SPOILERS SO BE WARNED

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunawashere) | 59 comments Book 1: "It's Batty's fault," said Skye.
"It is not," said Batty.
"Of course it is," said Skye. "We wouldn't have been lost if Hound hadn't eaten the map, and Hound wouldn't have eaten the map if you hadn't hidden your sandwich in it."
"Maybe it's fate that Hound ate the map. Maybe we'll discover something wonderful while we're lost," said Jane.
"We'll discover that when I'm in the back seat for too long with my younger sisters, I go insane and murder them," said Skye.
"Steady troops," said Mr. Penderwick."Rosalind, how about a game?"
"Let's do I went to the zoo and I saw," said Rosalind. "I went to the zoo and I saw an anteater. Jane?"
"I went to the zoo and I saw an anteater and a buffalo," said Jane.
Batty was between Jane and Skye, so it was her turn next. "I went to the zoo and I saw an anteater, a buffalo, and a cangaroo."
"Kangaroo starts with a k, not a c," said Skye.
"It does not. It starts with a c, like cat," said Batty.
"Just take you turn, Skye," said Rosalind.
"There's no point in playing if we don't do it right."

THE MOMENT I BECAME OBSESSED WITH SKYE AND WANTED TO BE HER BEST FRIEND

message 2: by Verena (new)

Verena (auroralightheart) | 452 comments Mod
"Maybe it's fate that Hound ate the map. Maybe we'll discover something wonderful while we're lost".
The quote that caused my friendship with Jane. Please, Luna, forgive me and don't murder me! I'll try to work on my Skye personality!
And I love the wedding epilogue in Book 2. Because all Penderwicks are blissfully happy and are together. I think it's also the only scene in the series, when Jeffrey and Nick are both into one scene. And Skye is quite hilarious there.

message 3: by tabascosauce (new)

tabascosauce (twicebakedsmallpotatoes) | 307 comments Mod
“The referee told me this league has never had a brawl of that magnitude," said Mr. Penderwick after a long, painful silence. "Of course, at the time I was pretending to be a casual passerby and not a father at all.”

(book two)

message 4: by tabascosauce (new)

“Don't kill her now, just when we've gone to all that trouble to rescue her,” said Jeffrey.

(book one)

guys I have so many.

message 5: by Luna (new)

Luna (lunawashere) | 59 comments Saaameeee Imma try to add one a day, and maybe add some while Im rereading, but that won't be for a few weeks, not until i finish the 80000 books i have stuffed under my bed xD

message 6: by tabascosauce (new)

Too true. Story of my life.

heeeere's another onnnnne.
“What rhymes with smile?”
“Bile, as in your smile makes me want to throw up.”

message 7: by Juny (new)

Juny | 66 comments twice_baked wrote: "“The referee told me this league has never had a brawl of that magnitude," said Mr. Penderwick after a long, painful silence. "Of course, at the time I was pretending to be a casual passerby and no..."
Oh man I love that scene!!!

message 8: by Verena (new)

Verena (auroralightheart) | 452 comments Mod
It's quite odd that one of the lowest moments of Penderwicks is one of the highest enjoyable moments (:

message 9: by Juny (new)

Juny | 66 comments Book 5
Skye and Jeffery's wedding.

message 10: by tabascosauce (new)

The lowest are pretty much always the funniest :P And as long as it's not happening to me!

^^ Juny! Yesss, let's make it happen 😂😂

message 11: by Nisha (new)

Nisha "Listen to me, Batty. Dogs die. People die. Guinea pigs die! We do the best we can while they're alive, and then they die anyway".

message 12: by Juny (new)

Juny | 66 comments Mona, awww that part is so sad but sweet :)

message 13: by tabascosauce (new)

Awww that was so sad, like the part in Wonder (spoilers haha). I don't even like dogs and those parts made me sad :(