Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > *Decathlon: classic and illustrated* The BFG, by Roald Dahl (4 stars)

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments When Sophie awakes at the witching hour, and is snatched from her orphanage bed by a giant, she thinks her life is over. But instead she discovers an unexpected friendship that will enable both Sophie and the BFG to accomplish heroic deeds.

This book was such fun, particularly the language - I grinned my way through it all. I don't know why I never got round to reading this to my children when they were small. We devoured several other Roald Dahl books (which inspired us to draw witches on the walls at Halloween and pretend to be pheasant poachers in the woods at the back of the park), but never had this one.

I think I need to make it up to them - I'm sure a pair of grown men won't mind getting a copy of the book, huh?

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments Such a great book! The recent movie is fabulous if you haven’t already seen it.

message 3: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments Susie wrote: "Such a great book! The recent movie is fabulous if you haven’t already seen it."

I haven't seen it, but it's now on the list :)

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylllr) I agree that this is for all ages and you should give copies to your sons now.

message 5: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Loved this book. Do not do research into Dahl because it will decrease your appreciation for his work.

message 6: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments Loved this book. Do not do research into Dahl because it will decrease your appreciation for his work.

message 7: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2211 comments Hmmm. So I gather - not always the nicest person to be around. But I’ve decided to read Going Solo (second book of his autobiography) for the monthly tag, because I am totally stuck for an autobiography book that I’m in the mood to read and I thought the segue might help.

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8278 comments Just started the illustrated Fantastic Mr. Fox.