Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1) Fifty Shades of Grey discussion

How do you feel about the trailer?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 101 (101 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

Erin V So far I have only seen 16 seconds of the trailer. But how do you guys feel about it?

Jacque A bit strange that there was a trailer for the trailer. 0.o But okay, whatever works for 'em I guess.

Dounia I have seen the full one today and IT IS FREAKING AMAZING! Can't wait to watch the movie!

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 24, 2014 06:45AM) (new)

just saw the full trailer
omg
much better than i thought it would be
looks really good
and way more sexy then we were originally told, i heard they had dialed back the sexy kink but judging by the trailer i was seeing sexy and kinky all over the place.

Doris Loved the Trailer, now I can't wait to see the movie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4nJX8...

Jessica The trailer was good. I just still cant get over the actors i just dont think im going to like them at all.

Ruth I think it looks GREAT!!!!

Mochaspresso The trailer was good. It seems very intense. I like the re-mix of Beyonce's "Crazy in Love". It fits and sets the mood of the trailer perfectly.

Xaria (Smut Junkie) BEYOND INTENSE!!! THE ELEVATOR SCENE WAS JUST... UGH.. SO FREAKING HOT!

Joanna It was so much better than I thought It'd be! And it looks good but I still picture Henry Cavill in my head *-*

SHANNON I was totally on the fence about the actors chosen, but now that I've seen the trailer, I think I'm on board. I think it looks great so far. Hello Red Room of Pain! Oh my! :D

Michelle Rodriguez The trailer meet my expectations and then some. I was plesantly surprised. That elevator scene, yum!

Morgan The trailer looked ok. I'm still not at all sold on the actors. Jamie just isn't my Christian Grey and he looked very disappointing without his shirt on. Still excited to see the movie and I'm crossing my fingers that he really pulls it off well.

Colette I don't think that the movie will live up to the book but Jamie Dornan is very attractive...

Terra I agree that the trailer for the movie looks good but I am not thrilled with the actors at all. I just don't think they are a right fit for this movie. I will watch and hope I grow to like the actors.

Morgan Terra wrote: "I agree that the trailer for the movie looks good but I am not thrilled with the actors at all. I just don't think they are a right fit for this movie. I will watch and hope I grow to like the actors."

I agree. Hoping that they pull it off and that I can learn to love them in their roles.

Mochaspresso I don't know what to think about the casting. There were so many rumors about there being a lack of chemistry between Jamie Dornan and Dakota Fanning during the filming. That certainly didn't come across in the elevator scene. They managed to get that scene right.

message 18: by Anne (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne Jaemie The trailer was good!The scenes in the book were put into life, but kinda not sure with the actors. I hope Grey fever will still be epidemic after the movie.

Clavel Villareal The trailer was really good! It made me anticipate more to watch the movie! Loved the gliding part! Can't wait for next year!! I hope the movie would be as good as the book. :)

Saleen I love the trailer! Omg I can't wait to see this movie! :)

Jessica | Women’s Fiction Obsessed I LOVE it!!!! I wasn't too sure about Dakota planing Ana but I'm loving them both together!

Natalie Conrad The trailer was awesome! It got me ready for the movie. Agh, I can't wait 7 more months:(

The only thing I did not like is that Jamie's accent was very prevalent during the interview scene. When he said "What about you? I'd like to know more about you". I hope they clean it up more in studio.

Janese Jackson Loved it.

Jesper I guess I liked it. It's the typical kind of trailer that shows a lot, but reveals very little. I do think it sets the mood nicely - assuming the movie lives up to the trailer - which is probably what's most important.

I mostly liked comparing all the places to how I envisioned them in my head when reading the books. Like his office, the photo shoot, his piano and the marble floor. Stuff like is almost always enough to carry a movie for me, if it's done well, because it plays on your ability to recognise everything, but also surprise you by portraying something better than your own imagination. And the short glimpse of him playing the piano is way better than what my own imagination thought out.

message 25: by Yari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yari Omfg!!!!! I loved the trailer. I really thought at first that he did not look like christian but mmm he def looks good in the movie. I cant freakinggg wait! :D i was having second thought but i made my mind up! Def watching the movie!!! Watching the movie trailer makes me want to read the books again!

message 26: by Shelly (last edited Jul 24, 2014 09:25AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Shelly I saw the trailer and I loveeeed it....the elevator scene and the piano scene made me scream! Oh the anticipation...I know it will not be perfect but I will still be camping outside the theater when it comes out! Holy mother of all saints!

Liqhtless NoNoNONoNo this "Christian Grey" is just..no. Nothing about him even screams I'm a 'Dom'. He's like some short puny man. Also the actress just no again. The casting is made up of the most random mixed matched people, they barely complement themselves better yet each other.

The hell kind of trailer is this, I mean it was better than what I had expected but it just looked...weird I guess. Nothing spectacular. I laughed the whole entire time because I couldn't believe that this slopple turned into an actual movie.

As you can see I didn't like it or the book that much.

message 28: by Iris (new) - rated it 1 star

Iris The trailer looks....dumb. The cast don't much look how I pictured them, and I think that this movie is going to be laugh out loud funny for all the wrong reasons. But unfortunately, I will see it. It looks too good to miss. (again, probably for bad reasons)

Oumeyma I don't know what to feel about the trailer!! I saw it and i guess i loved it but i'm not sure about the cast :/ but it is normal I've pictured them a bit different. But I wont judge,, until i'll see the movie and if I wont like it I'll just keep reading the books :)

Liqhtless I just saw still shots from the trailer on tumblr and this guy is just not Christian Grey, my eyes hurt. Nothing about him is a MAN.

message 31: by Yari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yari Shelly wrote: "I saw the trailer and I loveeeed it....the elevator scene and the piano scene made me scream! Oh the anticipation...I know it will not be perfect but I will still be camping outside the theater whe..."

i totualy agree. i might watch a couple of times just to make sure it sinks in!..lol

Shelly I saw the trailer 20 times already and still want to jump with excitement! I am not in love with the cast but hey I love the story so I will start working on falling in love with Jaime...Watch the show "The Fall" its working for me...He is kind of hot...not to shabby

Carrie Completely lame and will not waste my time. So dissapointed.

Natasha Thomas That is not christian Grey. I will know him when i see and here him. It looks well done but not convincing enough for me to pay money and go see it in theaters. Will wait for HBO on that one unless they bring out another trailer to convince me.

Christine That man does not look anything like the Christian Grey described in the book. What were they thinking. Also, the trailer led me to believe that Christian started sleeping with her before telling her what he is really looking for.

Angel (huge fan of all things Totoro) Honestly, I think the movie will be hella better than the book. The trailer alone showed more BDSM stuff that wasn't even in the book.

Can't wait!

message 37: by Sanda (new) - rated it 1 star

Sanda I disliked the book intensely (only managed to read the first one, didn't bother with the other two) - I thought it was poorly written and the plotline was meh at best.

I am a fan of Jamie Dornan though (he's fabulous in the BBC show called The Fall) and after seeing the trailer, I have some remote hope that the movie might end up more entertaining than the book.

Then again I have zero emotional investment (in the book) and very low expectations (of the film) to begin with :)

Jacque Okay, now watching the actual trailer from the Today show it's looking like it's going to be pretty fantastic! I'm getting excited guys!

Karin I don't get Dakota Johnson, at all.

message 40: by Barkesh (last edited Jul 24, 2014 03:52PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Barkesh The trailer looks pretty amazing! I hope they can create this movie as it is in the books!

message 41: by Sandy (last edited Jul 24, 2014 03:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sandy When I heard about the casting, I think neither of the leads fit the roles.

However, watching the trailer, I like Jamie as Christian. It's a pity his eyes are too dark. I'd prefer lighter piercing grey eyes.

I'm still not convinced about Dakota Johnson. She looks too old with a lot of wrinkles despite being in her early twenties.

Amare Zet So how was the trailer fellas?
Do you love it? Like it?

Amare Zet Suzette wrote: "So how was the trailer fellas?
Do you love it? Like it?"

That's great!

Maranda Prigmore I really liked the trailer. Can't wait to see it in theaters. I think Jamie Doran is the perfect Christian

Linel I loved every single second of the trailer. I had Goosebumps allover. The only things is that Grey doesn't seem to have all that mysterious sex appeal that I would have wanted. Besides that I really want it to be February!!!

Linel Dana wrote: "I just saw still shots from the trailer on tumblr and this guy is just not Christian Grey, my eyes hurt. Nothing about him is a MAN."

I'm with you on that one!!!

Linel Christine wrote: "That man does not look anything like the Christian Grey described in the book. What were they thinking. Also, the trailer led me to believe that Christian started sleeping with her before telling h..."

TRUE!

message 48: by Iris (last edited Jul 24, 2014 04:36PM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Iris It looks like a lifetime movie....

The guy for Christian Grey looks so bland. And Dakota johnson is not as pretty as I would like, but maybe that's what's supposed to be endearing about their romance...

message 49: by Judy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Judy I wasn't impressed until they unlocked the red room! :) Then, I was like OH YEA!!! Wasn't impressed with the actors, either. I won't be seeing it in theater, I'll just wait until it comes out on DVD.

Shelly I am sure very few can see Jaime D. as Christian but he is a great actor. I just watched the full first season of "The Fall" where Jaime plays a serial killer and he is hot!!. In a weird, creepy kind of way (or I may have a slight obsession with bad guys (a.k.a Serial Killers) hence my love for Dexter Morgan...and now Paul Spector(Jaime). There goes my creepy thought of the day LOL)

He is not THE Christian Grey but I think we should give him a chance...lol...Dakota not so much but oh well....

« previous 1 3