Play Book Tag discussion

Everything I Never Told You
This topic is about Everything I Never Told You
Archive: Other Books > Everything I Never Told You / Celeste Ng ~ 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 625 comments A girl is dead...their daughter is dead, they just don't know it yet. For the moment she is missing.

Lydia is the favorite child of three to Marilyn and James Lee. Lydia is the one who feels the most pressure coming from her parents....mainly her mother. Lydia wants to do everything she can to please her mom....but she also wants to be a regular teen. Sometimes listening to this book I felt that Marilyn was trying to live out her own dreams through her daughter.....the pressure was to much. Lydia wanted to achieve one more thing that should could never do and that was how she met her demise.

Through out the book, you learn more family secrets about this family and about a few friends in the neighborhood. I really enjoyed this book although it was heartbreaking. I look forward to reading more by Celeste Ng.

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3832 comments I enjoyed this. I think I called this the "most interesting book where nothing happens". Lol.

Joni | 625 comments Yes I would agree with that comment Joi.

Susie | 4488 comments I really enjoyed this, but didn’t love her second novel.

Ellen | 2285 comments I really liked this one, and I agree that the second was not quite as good.

kris | 29 comments I loved this book! I do agree with you guys, though - I felt like Little Fires Everywhere was a little too Shonda Rhimes-esque character drama that got too much and broke my suspension of disbelief, unlike Everything I Never Told you, which takes a more sensitive approach.