Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Chez Stinky by Susan C. Daffron ~~ 5 Stars

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SANDYE (last edited Mar 16, 2018 01:37PM) (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) Chez Stinky
Chez Stinky by Susan C. Daffron
5 Stars

Kat Stevens is a slightly insecure, mostly bored technical writer who likes her cat a lot more than her boss. She hasn't laid eyes on her great aunt Abigail since she was eight, so she’s stumped when she inherits Abgail's house in the small hamlet of Alpine Grove.

Kat's uncomplicated life gets decidedly less so when she discovers the inheritance comes with some hairy conditions: four dogs and five cats that her aunt wanted her to love as her own. Of course, the house smells like a barn--with a touch of antique skunk--and, naturally, has serious roof issues. And that's before the three-legged cat gets stuck in the wall and the shower goes kablooey.

When Kat meets Joel, an unemployed techie type with no love lost for his sister, Kat looks past his obvious flaws, given his timely and desirable skill set: a talent for fixing things (and his own tools).

Despite out-of-control dogs, cat fights, dust dinosaurs, massive spiders and an old grizzled hippie passed out in the yard, Kat discovers the tranquility of the forests of Alpine Grove starting to seep into her soul.

And why she can't she stop thinking about Joel?

Great story! Cute animal antics, and lots of them! Family secrets, romance, happy endings, and a young woman facing major life changes coupled with the challenges of everyday life. This story won't disappoint anyone looking for a light-hearted romance and loves animals!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Sandye- The title of this book was so odd, that I had to take a peek and read your fun review. Glad to hear you would recommend this to others looking for a "light read."

message 3: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) Lisa A wrote: "Sandye- The title of this book was so odd, that I had to take a peek and read your fun review. Glad to hear you would recommend this to others looking for a "light read.""

Lisa, the title is the exact reason I HAD to read this one! I just had to know what it was all about! So glad I did.

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Yep, I'm here for the title, too. And this does look like fun, and I could use a light read. Thanks!

message 5: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) Cheryl wrote: "Yep, I'm here for the title, too. And this does look like fun, and I could use a light read. Thanks!"

I hope you enjoy it!

message 6: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4971 comments Ok, this sounds fun! I will have to try it!

message 7: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) annapi wrote: "Ok, this sounds fun! I will have to try it!"

The animal antics and some of the snarky comments that are thrown around between some of the characters definitely make this story enjoyable!

message 8: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2321 comments This sounds very cheerful!

message 9: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) KateNZ wrote: "This sounds very cheerful!"

It definitely was! It's a quick read, and a great pick-me-up for a dreary weekend!

message 10: by JoLene (new)

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Came for the title, stayed for the review.

Glad you liked it, my recent "light read" was only 2.5 stars :-(

message 11: by SANDYE (new)

SANDYE (sandye_c) JoLene wrote: "Came for the title, stayed for the review.

Glad you liked it, my recent "light read" was only 2.5 stars :-("

I hate when that happens. Hope that your next read is a lot more enjoyable for you!