Support for Indie Authors discussion

Writers Workshop > Seeking beta readers/ reviewers for debut YA m/m

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.S. (new)

J.S. (jsedge) | 2 comments Hey guys,

I would love some feedback on my debut novel before I get started on the final edit pretty please.

Elephant Shoe is a mature (16+) YA m/m. There are scenes of a mildly sexual nature and moderate use of bad language.

Synopsis:

If his sixteen years experience has taught Mikey Alston only one thing, it’s this:

Life is too damn cruel to face alone…

The ice took our car off the road.
The tree wrecked it.
Tate and I didn’t make it out unscathed.
My parents didn’t make it out alive…
I was eleven, and that’s the day my whole world was ripped away from me.
My brother, David, was twenty-one. All the family I had left, I needed him. He didn’t need me.
David sent me away. Packed me off far across the country from my home town in Devon – from Tate and everything I’d ever known, to live with grandparents I’d never known.
Six years is a long time.
But now I’m back.
(Not through choice. Not mine, anyway).
And Tate’s still here.
Only… he’s not the boy I left behind.
He won’t speak to me. Won’t speak to anyone.
The one upshot of my return to a life I no longer fit and he’s letting me down spectacularly.
Well, Tate, here’s the thing:
I’m not giving up on you. I’m not everybody else. You can’t shut me out. You need me – we need each other. And we will be friends again. Best friends.
I’m decided.
It’s decided.

If interested, please PM me with your email address and preferred format.

Much love,
Jo x

message 2: by Timothy (new)

Timothy Skilton | 17 comments How does one reply in a PM? I'm interested, but I'd need to know the length.

message 3: by G.G. (new)

G.G. (ggatcheson) | 2491 comments Timothy wrote: "How does one reply in a PM? I'm interested, but I'd need to know the length."

Click on the poster's name.
You should see a FOLLOW AUTHOR, and right next to it a little arrow. Click the arrow and a menu will show up. Send message should appear.

message 4: by Alyson (new)

Alyson Stone (alysonserenastone) | 49 comments J.S, I would be happy to take a look at your book and write you a review. I have two or three ARCs right now, but I can get you in. :)

message 5: by J.S. (new)

J.S. (jsedge) | 2 comments That would be awesome, Alyson, thanks 😊
Pm me your email and preferred format and I'll send you a copy.

Jo x