Genre Specific Review Groups discussion

Review Group Requests > Looking for authors/readers who interest to review a book of poetry

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 20 comments Hi, I am wondering if anyone interest in doing reviews about poetry.

Joannes Rhino

message 2: by G.J. (new)

G.J. Griffiths (gjgriffiths) | 794 comments Mod
Joannes wrote: "Hi, I am wondering if anyone interest in doing reviews about poetry.

Joannes Rhino"

Hi, Joannes,
I am a moderator for GSRG and would be pleased to set up a group reviewing published poetry if we get enough writers interested to join. I have a published collection of poems and will include it if we struggle to find 5 more poets.
G.J.

message 3: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 20 comments Hi GJ,

Thanks for responding my request. So, now, we'll wait for the next 3 authors to come aboard.

Joannes Rhino

message 4: by P.M.F. (new)

P.M.F. Johnson (pmfjohnson) | 40 comments I'll be glad to join this group. I have a book of poems, Against the Night, up on Amazon. I've published hundreds of poems in places like The Threepenny Review, Nimrod International Journal, The Evansville Review, Modern Haiku, and many others. My book is a wry look at love in a long-term marriage. I don't recall being in a round-robin review with Joannes, but G.J. I believe I reviewed a book of yours back in 2015, so I would have to review you again, as I understand it. Let me know how this proceeds.

All Best,

P M F Johnson

message 5: by G.J. (new)

P.M.F. wrote: "I'll be glad to join this group. I have a book of poems, Against the Night, up on Amazon. I've published hundreds of poems in places like The Threepenny Review, Nimrod International Journal, The Ev..."

Thanks P.M.F. and yes you are correct in that you have reviewed a book of mine some time ago. Three more writers to go...

message 6: by Angie (new)

Angie Martin (angiemartin) | 1 comments I also have a poetry book that I'm always seeking reviews for and I love reading poetry, too :)

message 7: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 20 comments Angie wrote: "I also have a poetry book that I'm always seeking reviews for and I love reading poetry, too :)"

Thanks Angie, Need 2 more writers to start this group.

Joannes Rhino

message 8: by Mona (new)

Mona Soorma (manicsylph) | 13 comments Hi Joannes Rhino
I have a book of published poetry as well. I would like to know a little more about the group you are planning

message 9: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 20 comments Mona wrote: "Hi Joannes Rhino
I have a book of published poetry as well. I would like to know a little more about the group you are planning"

Hi Mona,

Thanks for joining the discussion. Actually, GJ will be the moderator for this group. If we get enough writers to join, he will set up a group reviewing published poetry. Hope you wanna join as well.

Joannes Rhino

message 10: by G.J. (new)

Mona wrote: "Hi Joannes Rhino
I have a book of published poetry as well. I would like to know a little more about the group you are planning"

Angie wrote: "I also have a poetry book that I'm always seeking reviews for and I love reading poetry, too :)"

Hi Mona and Angie,
In general the way this review group works is a minimum of 6 GR registered writers is set up to review 2 books each. As there is a rule banning reciprocal reviewing the moderator (me in this case) arranges a suitable schedule of assignments to avoid such conflicts. Unless anyone objects I think 3 weeks for each review should be sufficient. Now we need one more writer of poetry for this group to be set up and "launched" if everyone named so far wishes to sign up.
If no-one puts their name forward here over the next few days I will put out a notice to invite one more. If you know another poet who may be interested get them to join.

There are some "rules" of course and here is a link to find out more.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Hope this helps.
G.J.

message 11: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 20 comments G.J. wrote: "Mona wrote: "Hi Joannes Rhino

Angie wrote: "I also have a poetry book that I'm alway..."

Thanks GJ for a clear explanation!

Joannes Rhino

message 12: by Veena (new)

Veena (veenaonline) | 6 comments G.J. wrote: "Mona wrote: "Hi Joannes Rhino

Hi Mona.
I would be happy to review.
Message me your email id to discuss.
Regards.

message 13: by Mona (new)

Mona Soorma (manicsylph) | 13 comments G.J. wrote: "Mona wrote: "Hi Joannes Rhino

Thank you very much for the explanation G.J.
I would be happy to join the group.

Mona

message 14: by Joannes (new)

Joannes Rhino (sethlestath) | 20 comments Hi GJ,

Do we still need 1 more person to start this group?

Joannes Rhino

Joannes wrote: "Mona wrote: "Hi Joannes Rhino

Hi Mona,

Thanks for joining the discussion. Actually,..."

message 15: by Lorna (last edited Apr 13, 2018 04:58PM) (new)

Lorna Wilson (blackbutterflylorna) | 99 comments Hi,

I'm an indie author and I am seeking reviews for my book, Black Butterfly: The Journey - The Victory. Black Butterfly is a compilation of poetry that speaks to the silence of loss, to the fight for families, and the love for foster children. It is written from the perspective of a youth in crisis and is a reflection of a survivor’s foster care journey. To that end, children, parents, social workers, teachers, and all those who find connection, will find Black Butterfly, a tumultuous journey of faith and hope! You may find Black Butterfly on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L2XVLLG/...

message 16: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Wilson (blackbutterflylorna) | 99 comments Joannes wrote: "Hi, I am wondering if anyone interest in doing reviews about poetry.

Joannes Rhino"
Hi Joannes,

Yes, I'm interested.

message 17: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Wilson (blackbutterflylorna) | 99 comments Hi G.J.,

I have completed the reviews for the two authors assigned to me. Please let me know when we are ready to start again. Thanks again for this awesome opportunity.

Sincere Regards,
Lorna

message 18: by Jeff (new)

Jeff McMahon | 2 comments Hi - Is this limited to more adult-oriented poetry, or would a children's illustrated poetry collection (or two or three) be something that the group would like to review?

Jeff