What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Woman's commercial fiction WW2; Two sisters leave home to join war effort in Florida. Stay with a conservative family in an apartment behind the house. Meet a group of friends and take a photo.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (last edited Apr 03, 2018 03:00PM) (new)

Chris Cater | 3 comments Two sisters leave home to join war effort in Florida. Stay with a conservative family in an apartment behind the house. Meet a group of friends and take a photo. The sister keeps the framed photo on her dresser. One sister gets raped by one of the 'friends' and becomes pregnant. As the friends go off to war the photo reflects when they die they disappear, when they get injured it shows that too.

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
If you put some of this information into your thread title you will get a lot more people checking it out. Many of our members only read the threads that have titles that are in their chosen genres. This means that if there isn't more of a title than Help me or fiction they don't bother checking the thread out. So put a little more of a description than fiction--put what type of fiction it is--historical romance, paranormal, coming of age etc. and the age range that the book was for--children's picture, children's chapter (7 to 14), YA, (14 to 18), NA (18 to 22) or Adult (22+).

Having now finished my lecture---When did you read this? What were the sisters doing for the war effort--WAC's, WAVES, factory workers, secretarial? Other than the picture, is there any other paranormal events in the book?

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Cater | 3 comments Thank you for the informative lecture! I read this within the last few years. My sister read it for her book club and none of them can remember it. In the book, if I remember correctly, are working in a factory but also work at the dances hosted by WACs. There are no other paranormal events. One of their friends finds out the guy raped the sister and beats him up and he shows up in the picture with a black eye.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
So the only paranormal event is the photo changing? How is that explained in the book?

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris Cater | 3 comments Lobstergirl wrote: "So the only paranormal event is the photo changing? How is that explained in the book?"

The sister that becomes pregnant sees the photo every morning. As she realizes what it does, she tries to keep hope when her pilot love goes MIA. Of course, he comes back and they marry, etc.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38153 comments Mod
Chris, are you still looking for this or did you find it?