YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Avalon High
This topic is about Avalon High
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Avalon High by Meg Cabot --> starting 24th July 2014

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Christina | 4418 comments To newcomer Ellie, Avalon High seems like a typical American high school, complete with jocks, nerds, cheerleaders, and even the obligatory senior class president, quarterback, and all-around good guy. But it doesn't take Ellie long to suspect that something weird is going on beneath the glossy surface of this tranquil hall of learning. As she pieces together the meaning of this unfolding drama, she begins to recognize some haunting Arthurian echoes, causing her to worry that she has become just a pawn in mythic history. A powerful novel by the author of The Princess Diaries.

Noella and I will be reading this book :) Please feel free to join

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 6- (view spoiler)

message 3: by Christina (last edited Jul 25, 2014 04:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 11 - Great story so far :) (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End of chapter 17 - (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 19 - LOL (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Chapter 25 - Intense few chapters! (view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments End - THAT ENDING O_O I might be overreacting but still (view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 6
(view spoiler)

Christina | 4418 comments Noella wrote: "Chapter 6
[spoilers removed]"

She's definitely boy obsessed. But we're talking about Will! lol

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Christina wrote: "Chapter 11 - Great story so far :) Will's onto something about having lived before as someone else. He's Arthur (A. William Wagner - I'm pretty sure that A stands for Arthur) and Lance is cheating ..."

Oh right! "A." William Wagner haha

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Christina wrote: "End of chapter 17 - [spoilers removed]"

It feels funny what Morton is on about. I mean so far the book is high school drama. How bad is it that Lance and Jennifer got together? Surely it can't affect the universe, LOL

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 20
(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Chapter 22(view spoiler)

Noella (kookiemonstar) | 3723 comments Christina wrote: "End - THAT ENDING O_O I might be overreacting but still If she's Lady of the Lake, she brings Arthur to Avalon (his resting place)... oh dear but if Arthur and Lady of the Lake got together that wa..."

I think the author romanticised it a bit. (view spoiler)