Jewish Historical Fiction discussion

Damascus Cover
This topic is about Damascus Cover
Damascus Cover film breaks win records at Manchester UK film festival

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Howard Kaplan | 16 comments Set in 1977 the novel deals with an Israeli agent sent to Damascus to smuggle out children from the 5,000 remnant of Syrian Jewry there and is heavily detailed in history and locale. Film adaptation set in 1989 to make use of the fall of the Berlin Wall stars Jonathan Rhys Meyers and Sir John Hurt set for theatrical release Summer 2018
March 7, 2018 DAMASCUS COVER has become the first film to ever win four awards at Manchester Film Festival after scooping prizes for: ‘Best English Language Film’, ‘Best Actor - Jonathan Rhys Meyers’, ‘Best Production Design - Matthew Button’ and ‘Best Editing - Martin Brinkler’.

message 2: by Shira (new)

Shira Reiss | 70 comments Mazel Tov with the awards for the film. I bought your book on kindle, but have not had a chance to read it yet. Looking forward to it. Where and when can we see the movie here in the U.S.?

Howard Kaplan | 16 comments I'm expecting a summer release, no exact date yet. I'll try and let you know and please feel free to message me any time.

Stacey B | 26 comments Howard, congrats to you.
I read that book as well as Bullets over Palestine.
Great books; movie well deserved.
Kudo's to you!!!

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Stark-Nemon (bstarknemon) | 22 comments Fantastic! I look forward to the film!

Howard Kaplan | 16 comments Barbara wrote: "Fantastic! I look forward to the film!" Much thanks

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Congratulations! I have your book on my bookshelf, waiting to read. I'm looking forward to it and now this as well.

Howard Kaplan | 16 comments Rachel wrote: "Congratulations! I have your book on my bookshelf, waiting to read. I'm looking forward to it and now this as well."

Much thanks!

message 9: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Hart-Green | 9 comments Sounds like a terrific film, Howard. When will it be released internationally?

Howard Kaplan | 16 comments Sharon wrote: "Sounds like a terrific film, Howard. When will it be released internationally?"

In the US July 20 and in the UK August 3. It won't have a huge release, it's very expensive advertising costs 1 million/100 screens and this is not a big studio film but it's terrific. After that it goes to rental on iTunes etc and eventually to streaming. The director always says, "It follows the spine of the novel." So I'm enormously pleased.

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Hart-Green | 9 comments It's a dream come true for most authors to have their books turned into films. Wonderful to hear!
Once it's available for streaming, will it be accessible via Netflix or Hulu? Or is that still under discussion?

Howard Kaplan | 16 comments It will be on steaming sometime maybe the fall I have no idea when