What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Child's Guide to Freud
This topic is about A Child's Guide to Freud
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Very hard, vintage book stuck in my adult brain. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marci (new)

Marci | 2 comments Here are the details I can remember, I read this book as a young adult, pre-teen, so around the early 80's maybe late 70's.
I recall an orange hardcover, about notebook size.
The book has black and white illustrations, that look as if a child drew them, they are very simple.
The context had to do with a small boy who was going through psychological stages, such as Oedipus complex, and his Id.
One of the main pictures I can remember is that the little boy turned into a dragon to slay daddy to marry mommy.
So one of the pictures has dad as the dragon, with his glasses on.
The book is not thick, maybe about 20 pages.
Please help. Thank you!

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Marci, please add genre and plot details to your header. This could help your query get solved faster, since it will draw the attention of people who might recognize those details right away.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Marquis | 221 comments Possibly A Child's Guide to Freud - Louise Armstrong

http://freudforkids-blog.tumblr.com/p...

message 4: by Marci (new)

Marci | 2 comments You solved it!!! Thank you so much!! This has been in my head forever! You guys are the best!!

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35156 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Marci. Here's the link for Joseph's find - A Child's Guide to Freud by Louise Armstrong.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

A Child's Guide to Freud (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Louise Armstrong (other topics)