Pokémon discussion

Hoenn > Little-root Town

Comments Showing 1-50 of 77 (77 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 2: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike landed on the ground, slipping down from her Pidgeot and surveying the little town.

"Pidgeot, return," she commanded, the huge bird returning to its Pokeball. Shortly after, she released her Luxray and Cubone and swept a hand through her long blonde hair.

Well. The town was as pretty as it was boring.

message 3: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike felt a pair of eyes on her her and looked to see a man smiling slightly.

"What do you think, Cubone?" she wondered aloud, "Shall we fight him?"

message 4: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments She arched an eyebrow. Moving to stand in front of him.

"We battle?" offered Strike, spinning a Pokeball on her finger.

message 5: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Someone idiotic enough to come to Twinleaf Town?" she suggested, "Sorry - I don't know many people if I'm being honest with you."

Know who he was? Why, was he a celebrity or something? She tossed up her Blastoise, the water pokemon appearing behind her. It immediately began to stretch and rile up.

message 6: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike cursed her poor sense of direction yet again. Just last week she'd tried to go home to Lavender Town and had ended up in Pallet. Somehow.

She gazed skeptically at her opponents Blastoise. So it was good - but she had trained her own to near perfection despite its young age.

"Blastoise," she called, "Use Hydro Cannon."

Might as well jump on in now.

message 7: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike smiled as her Blastoise dodged and caught only the edge of the blast. She knew he was smaller than average, but that also made him faster than average.

She pursed her lips.

"Hyper Beam," she muttered as her Blastoise hopped back into his stance. The Pokemon charged his power and shot the beam towards the opponent.

message 8: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike's Blastoise fainted and she frowned, deeply confused. At such a high level, it should have been unlikely.

So he was good.

She returned her Blastoise to its ball and threw out Jolteon.

"Thunderbolt, baby."

The electric Pokemon leaped forward, sending a surge of lightning towards the Blastoise.

message 9: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Agility," growled Strike, "And then use Thunderwave!"

Her Cubone began to get riled up and she clicked her fingers, bringing him in check. Luxray was circling her ankles irritably.

message 10: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments ((sorry - disappeared there))

"Luxray catch him!"

Her Luxray leaped forward, catching the unconscious Jolteon and bringing it back to Strike, who scooped up her favourite with a frown. Who was this guy? Her Pokemon levels resided in the 90s.

She returned Jolteon to his ball and gave the Blastoise a calculating look.

"Pidgeot," she said, lightly flicking the ball into the air, the bird Pokemon erupted from it.

"Use Quick Attack," she said.

message 11: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments ((Hey strike :) ))

message 12: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments ((Yo'))

message 13: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike smiled confidently. There was no way Pidgeot would fail - the bird had been the best of its kind back in Kanto. Not even a Blastoise could defend itself against the speed of her Pidgeot.

"Drive it home," she murmured happily.

message 14: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments ((Can I rp here with my other character yet Chris cuz idk if you approved him yet

message 15: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike saw Blastoise strike back and pressed her lips together. Which would be stronger, she wondered.

As Pidgeot collided with Blastoise's Dragon Tail there was a small blast. Pidgeot flew backwards, weary but generally still able to fight.

message 16: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments ((Oh yah, cuz I made another one other than jake))

message 17: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Pidgeot fell to the floor with a thud and began to breathe evenly, dead asleep. Strike sighed. She'd have used one of her potions but this was a friendly battle. No matter.

She returned Pidgeot and sent out the first Pokemon she ever had.

"Gengar," she said evenly, "I choose you."

The purple Pokemon landed on his feet and smiled.

"Use Destiny Bond."

message 18: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments The Dark Pulse hit Gengar as the Destiny Bond settled into place. Bingo.

The dark move immediately took Gengar out, who made no attempt to protect itself. Many thought Destiny Bond a very cruel move when used in a way like Strike used it, but she didn't care. She loved Gengar and they had an understanding that it was okay.

"Sorry," said Strike, beaming.

message 19: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Yeah," she said with a sigh, "I thought I was going to have to bring out Ninetails. Useless against a Blastoise."

She returned Gengar to its ball and placed it back in her belt. She walked over to him and extended her hand, her Luxray padding along behind her and Cubone clumsily running after.

"I'm Strike by the way," she said, "It was fun battling with you."

message 20: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike blinked in surprise at the kiss. It was delightfully old-fashioned and yet she was not accustomed to human contact.

"I can't believe you took out my Jolteon," she mumbled.

message 21: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Travel?" she guessed cluelessly. She was kind of embarrassed she didn't know him but she wasn't really connected to normal society. She hadn't slept in a building in 4 months - she didn't like them.

She sighed.

"Well?"

message 22: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments She gaped, blinking several times before replying.

"B-But I didn't battle you when I won Kanto's League," she said in shock, "I don't understand. I-I thought that-"

She wracked her brains. What was happening?

Jesus. Why had she challenged him? Jolteon could have died.

message 23: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Not surprised," she replied, "Kanto is small and pretty quiet usually. Hoenn is the only other place I've been to - I started out pretty late."

So he saved the world, huh... She'd known someone like that once.

message 24: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike found herself being pulled along by Daniel. Why on earth was he helping her? Her Luxray began to paw at her legs in jealous as they ambled along behind her.

"Thank you, sir," she said quietly.

message 25: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Mudkip," she answered immediately - she'd made a conscious decision to always go with water Pokemon for her Starters, despite her preference being Ghost and Electric. She smiled with excitement, her blue eyes sparkling.

"Thank you, Daniel."

message 26: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike took the Mudkip and gave him a wide eyed incredulous look as he handed her the customised ball, turning it in her hands softly.

"It's pretty," she remarked, before looking up and noticing that he was staring at her with an expression she couldn't read.

((Sorry, I was falling asleep - English timezone - night night))

message 27: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments She did a double take and gaped for a moment before blushing. Feeling the blood rush to her face she mentally chastised herself for reacting in such a way.

"T-Thank you..."

No one had ever spoken to her like that before.

((Night))

message 28: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments ((Shortest night I ever had))

"Oh no," she said, "It's okay."

She averted her gaze awkwardly. This situation was a first for her, she wasn't sure how to take a compliment.

message 29: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Call who?" asked Strike, blinking cluelessly, "My Mudkip? I wouldn't... I grew up in Lavender Town and I try not to get too emotionally attached to Pokemon."

She smiled and released the Mudkip. It was cute, and smiled up at her. Before Cubone hit it on the head with his bone.

"Cubone, no."

message 30: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Cubone and Luxray don't like anyone," she laughed, "I dote on them too much - they're not used for battle."

She smiled at him, her blue eyes sparkled with amusement.

message 31: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Thank you," she giggled, a bit more accustomed to the compliment now, "But they're just like any other eyes. Don't everyone's eyes sparkle when they are having fun?"

She reached down and picked up Mudkip, cradling it for a moment before returning it to its Pokeball, worrying what Cubone might resort to next.

message 32: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments After leaving the johto region James decides to come to the hoenn region to train and stumbles upon to kids in little root town

message 33: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments She blushed again, her hand gripping his gently.

"They do..." she murmured lightly, ignoring the protests from Cubone. She didn't really get what she meant - his eyes were far prettier than hers.

message 34: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments James looks at the two and says "I've got two questions, 1: are you guys a couple, and 2: who are you people?"

message 35: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "You guys act like you are, and I'm James"

message 36: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "I'm Strike," she said, blinking at him, "And your questions are weird."

"Cubone! Bone bone!"

Cubone was curious about the newcomer.

message 37: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "And I noticed you have luxray, strike, I have one to" and luxray comes out of her pokeball

message 38: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments Strike let her hand drop back to her side, but made no move to step back again. Luxray sat at her feet, eying the other warily.

"Cute," she remarked.

message 39: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "Um, strike do you think the luxrays' enjoy each others company?"

message 40: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Perhaps," she said, "Not mine though. Mine doesn't really bother much with other Pokemon."

She reached down and patted Luxray's head gently, before looking up at Daniel.

"What are you looking for?"

message 41: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments She blinked.

"Is that so?" she murmured, "How interesting..."

The World Champion had ADD? Little quirks like this interested her greatly. Suddenly, she returned Cubone and Luxray to their Pokeballs. They'd hate her for it later but she needed to let Ninetails stretch her legs, and so released the kitsune Pokemon, who began to run about in circles.

message 42: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "Hm, I don't have nine tails, but I kinda want one" then skarmory comes out of his pokeball

message 43: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments ((Anyone still here))

message 44: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Ninetails is my favourite Pokemon," said Strike, "I went 4 days without food to catch that one - they're not so common these days."

message 45: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "My most loved pokemon is this one go leafeon" and leafeon comes out of her pokeball and onto James' head

message 46: by Paige (last edited Jul 30, 2014 11:06AM) (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "All of Kanto," she said with a smile, taking his hand.

"And a Mudkip," she added with a giggle.

She looked at Leafeon and then back at Daniel.

"Do you have an Eeveelution?"

message 47: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "In sinnoh my starter was a turtwig, and In hoenn I started with grovyle, grovyle is pretty awesome

message 48: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Oh," she said with a smile, "A friend I used to have loved Charizard too. It's such a beautiful Pokemon."

She glanced at James.

"You're from Sinnoh then?" she supposed, "I'm from Kanto."

message 49: by Paige (new)

Paige Cockbain  (strikelightning) | 56 comments "Of course," she said, stroking Ninetails' fur softly as she smiled at him.

message 50: by Mr. Flame (new)

Mr. Flame (mrflame) | 196 comments "Im new leaf town, yes"

« previous 1