What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Looking for historical romance along the lines of Anna Campbell, Julia Quinn, etc.

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dakota (new)

Dakota (queendakota) | 37 comments Looking for historical romances along the lines of those written by Julia Quinn, Anna Campbell, Sarah Maclean, Lisa Kleypas. Kimberly Cates (think Briar Rose), Anne Mallory, Teresa Medieros, Eva Devon, Judith McNaught, Julie Garwood (Medieval, Regency), Elisa Braden

I wiill sometimes read (but not my favorite): Mary Balogh, Eloisa James, Mary Jo Putney, Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, Meredith Duran, Jo Beverley, Erica Ridley, Jill Barnett, Elizabeth Hoyt,

I've only read one or a few of these authors books as I didn't care for them much: Jess Michaels, Charlotte Featherstone, Lorraine Heath, Jane Feather

Hoping for some new names of authors that have books along these lines. I like a non-abusive hero and a heroine with some sort of spine) and I prefer her to not be an idiot or selfish. Same for hero. Thank you for reading this and I hope you have some recommendations.

message 2: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2424 comments Jude Deveraux has some good historical romances. Her older books are historical but her newer books are mostly contemporary.

Johanna Lindsey is another favorite.

message 3: by Jeeha (new)

Jeeha | 32 comments Try historical romances by Andrea Kane and Amanda Quick. They are good. They also write contemporary romances but their historical romances are also quiet good.

message 4: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 321 comments Stephanie Laurens is pretty good and I didn't see her name on your list.

message 5: by Diana (last edited Mar 19, 2018 11:23AM) (new)

Diana North | 11 comments Where do I start: well, Hannah Howell is definitely a must read,Sara Bennett, Donna lea Simpson, Sue Ellen Welfonder, Karen Monk, (if you like time travel) Karen Marie Moning, Lois Greiman, Michele Sinclair, Lucy Blue, Kinley Macgregor, Deborah MacGillivray, Lyndsay Sands, Kathleen Harrington, Samantha Garver, Jen Holling, Jessica Trapp, Heather Grothaus, Kresley Cole, Connie mason, Jolie Mathis, Julia London, and Sabrina Jeffries. its quite a list, so I hope this helps.

message 6: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
And of course, there is the Queen herself Georgette Heyer and all of her wonderful stories.

message 7: by Dakota (new)

Dakota (queendakota) | 37 comments Thanks for the recommendations so far! I'm going to be busy looking these authors up :)