Historical Mystery Lovers discussion

Imogen Robertson
This topic is about Imogen Robertson
Featured Authors > Featured Author April 2018 - Imogen Robertson / Sabrina Flynn

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (last edited Mar 18, 2018 10:35PM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1632 comments Mod
Sabrina Flynn is our featured author for April 2018

In addition to the Ravenswood Mysteries series, Sabrina Flynn also writes fantasy novels.

As it has been difficult for members to find Sabrina Flynn's books, Imogen Robertson is our alternate author for April.

Please feel free to read a book by either of these authors.

Come and tell us which book you picked and once you've read it let us know what you thought of it (is it a new to you author, would you read her work again, etc.)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 462 comments My library doesn't seem to have any of her books, unfortunately.

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1056 comments Nor mine.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Neither does mine :(
The first book in the Ravenswood Mysteries is $4.99 for Kindle.

Would it be better if I picked another author?

message 5: by Alice (new)

Alice | 529 comments It may be better to have some authors that a bit more well know and easier to find books for in libraries

message 6: by Lauren (last edited Mar 18, 2018 10:32PM) (new)

Alice wrote: "It may be better to have some authors that a bit more well know and easier to find books for in libraries"

The featured authors are from suggestions provided by the group members. It is virtually impossible to know which authors will be in the library and which will not until the author is posted and members search for their books.

In addition, limiting the featured author to only well-known writers will restrict members opportunity to learn about promising new authors in the genre.

In this particular case, I will choose a new author as Sabrina Flynn's books are not available.

message 7: by Lauren (new)

As it has been difficult for members to find books by Sabrina Flynn, our alternate author for April is Imogen Robertson

Please feel free to read books by either author.

message 8: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1056 comments Thank you for the alternate. Ms. Robertson's books are available and I plan to read The Paris Winter, a stand alone.

I agree we want to include less known authors to find our new favorites.

message 9: by Gretchen (new)

Gretchen (eab2012) | 249 comments I loved the Crowther and Westerman novels. I'm kind of bummed there's not a plan for any more of them.

message 10: by Lauren (new)

Sandy wrote: "Thank you for the alternate. Ms. Robertson's books are available and I plan to read The Paris Winter, a stand alone.

I agree we want to include less known authors to find our new f..."

Sure thing!
Glad you could find one by Robertson instead :)

message 11: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 136 comments My library didn't have any of the Flynn books either, but I still have Patricia Finney's book sitting on my shelf. I do plan on getting to it!
Some of the Robertson books are available on hoopla, so if I can get hoopla to work, I will try to download one. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow & have been trying for several days to download books from Hoopla, but it's not working for me for some reason.
p.s. I would say I have never heard of Imogen Robertson, but I have two of her books on my to-read shelf!

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Hope Hoopla works for you, Patricia! It can be a bit buggy!

message 13: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 1056 comments Well, I read the first hundred pages of The Paris Winter but I haven't found it interesting enough to continue for the next two hundred. I'm dropping it for the Robert Carey series, discovered through an earlier monthly read, that meets my current Clue criteria.

message 14: by Lexie (new)

Lexie Conyngham | 94 comments Gosh, I've been so busy that I read the first Ravenswood mystery but couldn't for the life of me remember why I'd picked it up! It was very enjoyable, I thought: the setting was new to me and interesting, though I thought the book was a bit slow to start with perhaps too much backstory hinted at, too much baggage for the main character. But he did improve!

message 15: by Lauren (new)

Thanks for the input on the books, Sandy and Lexie.

message 16: by Louise (last edited Apr 29, 2018 09:39AM) (new)

Louise | 19 comments I read Imogen Robertson’s Crowther and Westerman series and really enjoyed it! In fact, I wish there were more in the series. I agree about The Paris Winter though - that was a bit of a disappointment.