What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Dawn (Xenogenesis, #1)
This topic is about Dawn
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction Human/Alien Book a female human that had been "woken" by aliens. She later finds that they came to the planet to get DNA samples, and the cancer cells that humans produce are rare and needed. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

YamiNoOkami | 3 comments So I've been trying to find a book, well a book series actually. the first one I read was in the view of a female human that had been "woken" by aliens. She later finds that they came to the planet to get DNA samples, and the cancer cells that humans produce are rare and needed. She is convinced to try and get a small group of humans (equal numbers of male and female). In hopes that they will join the colonies to mix their genes with them. She and a male human end up trying to work together to convince the others that this would be good for them. While also getting to know the alien "family" that they would join. There is the equivalent of a male and female pair and a gender-less one that can psychically link their minds as well as taking the dna from them to make babies.

I read the book around 2010-2011,have been looking for this book for a while and am hoping someone else knows what I'm talking about because i borrow if from my library and was a dummy and didnt save the title or author. I hope this is enough information to go by if you need more details i can go further.

message 2: by Bargle (new) - added it

Bargle | 1387 comments It sounds like one of the Xenogenesis series by Octavia Butler. First book is Dawn.
Link to the series page.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/4174...

YamiNoOkami | 3 comments OH MY GOSH!!!! THATS IT!!!! Thank You some much your amazing!!!!

message 4: by Bargle (last edited Apr 04, 2018 03:46AM) (new) - added it

Bargle | 1387 comments You're welcome. I just happened to have read the whole series this past week.

ETA: Reread for the first 2 books. Don't know why I never finished the series before.

YamiNoOkami | 3 comments -gives virtual hug- I've been looking for this series for like four years. I'd just about given up hope finding it so this was like a last ditch thrown rope out into the either lol.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dawn (other topics)