Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > giveaways

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael Pronko | 43 comments I set up everything for a giveaway, however at the very end I kept getting a message
An error occurred while attempting to process payment. Please try again.
That was through Amazon. There's no problem buying something with Amazon, as I just tried it to be sure. I guess the problem is that I'm setting this up from outside the US. Is there any way to check on this. It's very frustrating. Thanks in advance! Michael

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4560 comments Michael wrote: "I set up everything for a giveaway, however at the very end I kept getting a message
That was through Amazon. There's no pro..."

Is this a Giveaway you are setting up on Goodreads or Amazon?

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael Pronko | 43 comments Carol Clouds ꧁꧂ wrote: "Michael wrote: "I set up everything for a giveaway, however at the very end I kept getting a message
That was through Amazon..."

It was set up through Goodreads but payment was through Amazon. NOW, I find, despite the error, that I have paid several times. So, your Goodreads message is INCORRECT. I have to NOW go to Amazon and remove about five or six times I paid, because I clicked the payment button again.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Pronko | 43 comments It's through Amazon Pay, so something is NOT working right.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4560 comments Michael wrote: "Carol Clouds ꧁꧂ wrote: "Michael wrote: "I set up everything for a giveaway, however at the very end I kept getting a message
An error occurred while attempting to process payment. Please try again...."

Ok. You will need to contact support AT goodreads DOT com. Goodreads librarians are volunteers and can't help you with this. I would suggest putting something like Problem Setting Up Giveway in the email header.

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael Pronko | 43 comments Now, Amazon has locked me out of my amazon account.

message 7: by Michael (new)

Michael Pronko | 43 comments Thanks for your help. This is slightly outrageous.

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 4560 comments Michael wrote: "Thanks for your help. This is slightly outrageous."

Sorry we can't be more help. Hopefully Support can help you.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.