PenPal Readers discussion

Archive [PenPal Chall] > Pen Pal Matching: April - June

Comments Showing 1-50 of 126 (126 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Zoe (last edited Mar 22, 2018 04:02PM) (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Challenge Description
The way this challenge will work is you will have a month and a half (April 1st-May 15th) to fill out the Pen Pal Matching Form. In that time I will work hard to find you a match based on both of your preferences.

The challenge comes in the second portion from May 15th-June 30th. The goal is to correspond with your pen pal TWICE (so you should be writing to each other, through whatever medium you choose, two times!).
You can definitely shoot for a higher goal than that, especially if you get started in April or early May! I would also recommend trying to engage in more meaningful, longer correspondence as it might help build a friendship faster!

Please comment here notifying me that you're participating and note your "message number" that you will include in the form

Hopefully you guys enjoy the challenge and the connections you make and meet some awesome new people!

FAQ
Click here to read the FAQ

Click here to fill out the form

message 2: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Please post here if you have questions about the challenge! I'm sure someone will have the same question you did and will be thankful (:

message 3: by Jazzy (last edited Mar 16, 2018 10:32AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Where is the 'matching' form?
What criteria is used to match people?

I'm no longer considered a 'young person'. I cannot write letters to young people, in this day and age that is considered to be 'creepy'.

I would prefer to have a penpal in Europe, Australia, or Asia.

message 4: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Great questions! I’ll be posting the form tonight and you’ll see that there are several questions about yourself (e.g., the books you like to read, how you’d like to communicate, etc) that I will try to base my matches on to the best of my ability!
I will be posting lists of the updated matches each week on a separate form as well as on goodreads!

message 5: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 18, 2018 07:28PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Jazzy wrote: "Where is the 'matching' form? ..."

Zoe has the links up and running now! To participate in this challenge, visit the thread 'Info and Links Apr-June'
- there's a link for signing up to participate by filling out the matching form.
- there's a link to the spreadsheet where the pairings will be posted.

message 6: by Jazzy (last edited Mar 19, 2018 02:16AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments Afa wrote: "Can you add more genres to choose from? And maybe add the option to choose more than one?"

This is pretty important, yes.
And where are Biographies? French poetry? Classics? Science books? Beat poets? Gonzo journalism? etc.
My favourite genres aren't even on this list. In fact I don't see any non-fiction or literature.

message 7: by Jazzy (last edited Mar 19, 2018 02:20AM) (new)

Jazzy Lemon (jazzylemon) | 494 comments And I'm sorry but i find the last question on that form really insulting. Well, no I'm not sorry. What were you thinking? Some of us are not 12 years old.

message 8: by Zoe (last edited Mar 19, 2018 05:15AM) (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Jazzy wrote: "Afa wrote: "Can you add more genres to choose from? And maybe add the option to choose more than one?"

This is pretty important, yes.
And where are Biographies? French poetry? Classics? Science bo..."

Hi! The reason that I added a limited number of genres to the form was because there are already so many criteria that are being matched on so it's more important that you and your pair read the same type of books even if they differ a little bit! Thank you for your suggestions though I've added a couple genres! My main goal is to get the right gist of what everyone is reading without getting too bogged down in the details because then it will be too difficult for me to match you well.

and Jazzy I'm really sorry you find the last question offensive- I was just trying to include something playful and fun. However, I didn't mean to make it mandatory and have since changed that.

Thank you both for your feedback

message 9: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments I've updated the FAQ with an answer to that question so that it can be more helpful to other members as well!

message 10: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments If you've filled out the form already please also comment here that you're participating! If you haven't filled out the form yet please comment and then include your message number (e.g., this is message 11) when filling out the form!

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess Rodriguez | 5 comments I have already filled out the form prior to this post, I am participating.

message 12: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Jessica wrote: "I have already filled out the form prior to this post, I am participating."

Awesome thank you for commenting !

message 13: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 20 comments I have filled out the form message 13

message 14: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Cindee wrote: "I have filled out the form message 13"

Great! You're actually message 14 but I have you down (:

message 15: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Marcotte | 2 comments Participating! This sounds like fun.

message 16: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Barbara wrote: "Participating! This sounds like fun."

I'm glad you think so! Happy to have you!

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Brown I filled out the form but where do I find the number you are asking for?

message 18: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Patricia wrote: "I filled out the form but where do I find the number you are asking for?"

You can see it right after your post your comment! I got it (: your message number is 18

message 19: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments I'm in for this challenge :)

message 20: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Anne wrote: "I'm in for this challenge :)"

Yay!

message 21: by Snomer (new)

Snomer | 7 comments I’ve signed up.

message 22: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Rohini wrote: "I’ve signed up."

great! now all you have to do is fill out the form!

message 23: by Snomer (new)

Snomer | 7 comments Erm, I can’t find my post number anywhere (I’m posting this from the GoodReads app on my cellphone).

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (lostanddamnedangel) | 7 comments Hey, I've already filled out the form. Should I fill another one to include the post number?

message 25: by Anne ✨ (last edited Mar 19, 2018 04:25PM) (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Rohini wrote: "I’ve signed up."

Rohini, your message number is 22... oops, you are RIGHT, it doesn't seem that the Goodreads App shows the message numbers? That's ok, we'll reply back with message numbers anytime needed!

message 26: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (kttyk4t) | 4 comments Going to partake in this. No clue what my message number is

message 27: by Anne ✨ (new)

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments Kathleen wrote: "Going to partake in this. No clue what my message number is"

Hi Kathleen, your message number is 28! Thanks for signing up!

message 28: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Hey Jennifer! You don’t need to fill out another form, you’re good!

message 29: by J (new)

J | 2 comments This is my first challenge ever! Hope it goes ok, I'm in! :)

message 30: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Yay Juana I am so glad!! We’re so happy to have you!

message 31: by Amy (new)

Amy (amiieey) | 1 comments I am currently filling out the form hope this goes great!

message 32: by Ericka (new)

Ericka (eejala92) | 3 comments Filling out the form. This sounds exciting.

message 33: by Teasandpages (new)

Teasandpages | 1 comments I’m in and thanks for organising!

message 34: by Jess (new)

Jess Rodriguez | 5 comments Quick Question: I know the challenge is two communications. Will there be a ice breaking topic? A universal way to start off the communication?

message 35: by Amber M. (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 169 comments Ok, here's my comment to go with the form ;)

message 36: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Jessica, that’s a great idea! I’ll include some conversation starting questions when I release the first wave of pairs

message 37: by Sakshi (new)

Sakshi Kathuria (pagesinsidemyheadoninstagram) | 2 comments I am game too !! Really perked up with the challenge. Filled the form and I am message 38.

message 38: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 28 comments I would like to participate. This sounds fun!

message 39: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Thank you to everyone who’s starting signing up! I have been working on the pairs and should be posting the first wave on Friday!

message 40: by Sami (new)

Sami (indulgentreaders) | -1 comments This sounds a lot of fun!

message 41: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Thank you to all who have filled out the form so far (: I am so excited to be connecting all of you to your new pen pals!

message 42: by Karyssa (new)

Karyssa | 1 comments im signing up :)

message 43: by Muhammad (new)

Muhammad Lotfi (malotfi) | 3 comments I'm in

message 44: by Jen (new)

Jen Widmer (widmejen) | 2 comments I'm joining!

message 45: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Awesome! Thank you Karyssa, Muhammad and Jen for signing up!

message 46: by MJ (new)

MJ | 2 comments Signing up.

message 47: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (zo-ereader) | 490 comments Jid wrote: "Signing up."

Happy to have you!

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments Signed up!

message 49: by Taylor (new)

Taylor ♛ (taykaytee) | 0 comments I'm joining!

message 50: by Tiina (new)

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Joining as well

« previous 1 3