PenPal Readers discussion

A Wrinkle in Time (Time Quintet, #1)
This topic is about A Wrinkle in Time
Archive [General] > May - 'Movie Books' Discussion

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anne ✨ (last edited Apr 28, 2018 09:45AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anne ✨ Finds Joy (annefindsjoy) | 718 comments May's theme : "Night at the Movies" : a book that has been made into (or will be made into ) a movie, screenplays, etc

You have TWO options for participating in this challenge:
1) Read the official movie themed BOTM, A Wrinkle in Time, chosen by voting poll
2) Read ANY movie themed book(s) of your choice

You can do either or both option, and then post comments below to:
- log your movie-themed reads for the month (or year to date)
- talk everything related to books made into movies: authors, books, themes etc
- share thoughts on the themed books you're reading (no spoilers)
- connect with other members who enjoy reading books made into movies

Minimum participation to complete is: read ONE movie themed book, and share ONE comment in the thread!

Happy reading and chatting in Movieland!

message 2: by Tiina (last edited May 09, 2018 11:16PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Tiina (ladybuginlove) | 371 comments Turns out I've read at least two books that have been made into movies this month!

I started this book in April and finished it in May, but Natsuo Kirino's Out is one of my favourite reads this year, because of the psychological aspects. I didn't really enjoy the ending and the translation into Estonian was a little bit iffy but the book was totally gripping and I have no idea why I didn't pick it up earlier! It had been sitting on my Goodreads to-read shelf for a very long time until I finally picked it up. The movie based on it came out in 2002 and was directed by Hideyuki Hirayama. I hope I find a way to watch it, although it seems many people didn't like the movie. Oh, and someone has put the audiobook of "Out" on youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8253...

In 1988, a movie was released based on the Dutch author's book The Assault. The book was short and I haven't made up my mind yet about whether I liked it or not. Compared to a lot of books about War, I felt this lacked the overflowing emotion that i kind of expected Maybe it was a good thing, maybe it wasn't. I suppose time will tell.

I also found an article about a movie based on The Summer Book being currently in production : https://www.moomin.com/en/blog/biogra...