¤ Between The Pages ¤ discussion

Read-A-Thon MARCH > General & TBR Piles

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Another Read-A-Thon and I'm so much more hyped for this one!!
Meanwhile I'm also participating in the Manga Madness Read-A-Thon, which is being held at the same time. But is there a problem with that? NOPE! :D

Are you guys excited for our second read-a-thon? It'll be from the 24th to the 30th of March.

I sincerely hope that this one will be a better success for me haha. You may post your book tbr list for this one if you are participating, I'll be glad to check it out :) Mine will contain a lot of mangas, but maybe 2 books as well (and + ??)

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Hey there! :D
Will there be challenges or is it just "read as much as one can"?

message 3: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Usually it is just read as much as you can, but I can do challenges if people want:)
Do you mean challenges like; read a book with a green cover, read a book with numbers in the title etc...?

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Yes, I thought about such challenges! But please don't stress yourself out creating such now! Read as much as you can is great, too.
Maybe it could be an idea for the future in case people would like that. And if so, I'd definitely help with ideas! 😊

message 5: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Since it's the Manga Madness R-A-T at the same time, I plan to read a manga a day. So that means 7 novels. I've decided upon re-reading my Fairy Tail saga, since I own the first 8. I might read them all haha.

I have a few books that I plan on reading this month, including Frost Like Night, Turtles All the Way Down, The Rule of Three and maybe the third book in the Arielle Queen series.
I'll see what I'm able to read meanwhile and then share with you, my official TBR pile for the r-a-t week.

What about you guys? :3

message 6: by Lars (last edited Mar 20, 2018 01:13PM) (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments Since I got a big shipment of books today ( The Expanse Boxed Set Leviathan Wakes, Caliban's War and Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance An Inquiry Into Values by Robert M. Pirsig ), I will probably be reading through the first three books of the expanse series. I'm not shure how far I will get but I will start reading Leviathan Wakes tonight. In the unlikely event of me finishing these books with their collective 2000+ pages before the end of the March R-A-T, my back up book will be: Under the Net by Iris Murdoch .

message 7: by Maggie (last edited Mar 30, 2018 08:04PM) (new)

Maggie Official TBR guys!! :D

First I'll try to finish (if I'm not already done with);
La riposte des elfes noirs (Arielle Queen, #3) by Michel J. Lévesque 100% DONE

Then I will try to read a Manga a day which means, the first 7 volumes of;
Fairy Tail, Vol. 1 (Fairy Tail, #1) by Hiro Mashima 100% DONE Fairy Tail, Vol. 02 (Fairy Tail, #2) by Hiro Mashima 100% DONE Fairy Tail, Vol. 03 (Fairy Tail, #3) by Hiro Mashima 100% DONE Fairy Tail, Vol. 04 (Fairy Tail, #4) by Hiro Mashima 100% DONE Fairy Tail, Vol. 05 (Fairy Tail, #5) by Hiro Mashima 100 % DONE Fairy Tail, Vol. 06 (Fairy Tail, #6) by Hiro Mashima 100% DONE Fairy Tail, Vol. 07 (Fairy Tail, #7) by Hiro Mashima 100% DONE

Meanwhile I'll try to read one book;
Turtles All the Way Down by John Green 5% through

Back up books;
Frost Like Night (Snow Like Ashes, #3) by Sara Raasch 0% The Rule of Three (The Rule of Three, #1) by Eric Walters 5% through

message 8: by Maggie (new)

Maggie First day and I'm doing greaaaaaaat!!! *O*

message 9: by Angelica (last edited Mar 26, 2018 09:52PM) (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 20 comments I can't wait to start!!! I just finished reading Restore Me Today!!!! It was really good and left at such a cliffhanger! Hopefully there's another book
•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°
Here's my March TBR:

Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi - Done! 100%
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli - Done! 100%
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez - Next! 0%
Shadowsong (Wintersong, #2) by S. Jae-Jones - 0%
Daughter of the Siren Queen (Daughter of the Pirate King, #2) by Tricia Levenseller - 0%

(Yeah the last two were on my TBR last month but STILL haven't read them)

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments So, hey guys! :D
I don't know whether I'll be able to be very active (at least not the first few days of this rat), but I would definitely like to finish "Anna and the French kiss". And it would be great if I could read "Eternally yours" by Cate Tiernan and "Unwavering" by Marion Kummerow, since that would mean I would finish two more trilogies! 😂
Everything beyond that will be on a whim, but I'll keep you updated on my progress! :D

message 11: by Maggie (new)

Maggie @Vanessa omg xD I'm so bad at series! I usually start reading other books in between and then forget the second or last installment for months. Then when I get to it I'm completely disoriented and I just give up on it, basically.

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Same! 😂I usually do the exact same thing. Even if I liked the first book I take way too long to pick up the next and then forget about it completely. 🙈
That's why I made it a goal for myself to actually concentrate on series and finish them this year. 🙈

message 13: by Niamh Grace (new)

Niamh Grace  | 15 comments Bit late but had some troubles with goodreads not working so but For this I want to finish bone witch and read the last divergent book as it’s taken me a while to actually finish the series and then if I finish that I will read fire blood might not get anymore than three as I have school but I’ll still try :D

message 14: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments I think I'm doing really well this time. I just finished book three of the expanse series, so I'm almost at 1800 pages... Seems like being sick in bed all weekend has its upside, too. If I keep this up, I might need more backup books, though XD

message 15: by Maggie (last edited Mar 26, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

Maggie @Niamh Awesome! It's nice to see you join :D

@Lars damn, you're on a roll xD But yes, being sick in bed is always fun for a reading marathon haha. Honestly, I've been doing well since I'm actually up to date with my TBR (for now). My goal is to actually finish my schedule this time and get to my back up books :3

message 16: by Maggie (new)

Maggie @Vanessa just informing you that there will be challenges for the next read-a-thon, in April :3 I'm currently making a few, but if you have some ideas that you'd like to share or participate in, you can always PM me :D Ideas are very welcomed by me

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments Noted! :D I'm definitely gonna make a few and send them to you! :D

message 18: by Maggie (new)

Maggie The Read-A-Thon ends up in two days (excluding today) so how have you done so far? I'm actually doing great, like I might finish up my goals this time around.

The only thing is that I had to change my book The Rule of Three as I couldn't get into it at the moment. So I'm trying my back up plan; Turtles All the Way Down
:)

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments I finished Anna and the French Kiss yesterday evening as well as Operation Hail Storm This one wasn't on my Read-A-Thon tbr, but I'm glad I finished it nonetheless since I had to give a review by the end of march.
Today I will hopefully start withEternally Yours!

message 20: by Niamh Grace (new)

Niamh Grace  | 15 comments I just finished bone witch so I’ll be ready the last divergent book next long weekend this weekend so hopefully I will finish it!! Probably won’t get to read fire blood like I wanted to.

message 21: by Maggie (last edited Mar 29, 2018 04:24PM) (new)

Maggie Niamh Grace wrote: "I just finished bone witch so I’ll be ready the last divergent book next long weekend this weekend so hopefully I will finish it!! Probably won’t get to read fire blood like I wanted to."

Awh girl you're lucky xD My long weekend isn't really a long weekend anymore.. Gotta work work work.. That leaves me little time to actually finish my books haha. Enjoy your time!! :3

message 22: by Maggie (new)

Maggie so last day is tomorrow.. I can't believe I actually read a manga a day. Between working and trying to regain my energy, I actually got this xD
Now I've started Turtles All The Way Down, but it would be a shock if I actually finished it xD #missionimpossible

BTW don't forget to go vote on the BOTM poll guys :3 It's up 'till the end of the month!

message 23: by Lars (new)

Lars (herodotvonhalikarnassos) | 56 comments Well, I probably wont finish Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance: An Inquiry Into Values in time, either. The book is just so good that I want to take my time and enjoy it. Besides, I'm driving home for easter to visit the family, so I wont have time to read, anyway.

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments I didn't actually get to finish Eternally Yours during the read-a-thon.
At around midnight I still had around a 100 pages left. But I got to finish it this morning and I think finishing 2 books and almost completely reading a third one isn't too bad. 😊

message 25: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 20 comments I say I did pretty good, I finished three books:
Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi
The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
AND
I Am Not Your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sánchez
I loved all these books and I'm proud of how much I accomplished in this Read-A-Thon!!! :D

Vanessa (bookfairy95) (bookfairy95) | 41 comments What do you think of Restore me? I really liked the original trilogy, but I'm a bit hesitant about this one... Is it worth it?

message 27: by Maggie (new)

Maggie same!! The trilogy was one of my favorites and I did think the end was satisfying so I'm hesitant about continuing the story xD
I do plan on re-reading the first 3 though, even though I ain't sure about Restore Me.
Seriously though, how can the story continue for another 3 books?

message 28: by Angelica (new)

Angelica Cindy (unicornprincess_54) | 20 comments I also thought it was a trilogy but then this book came out and then others are coming out to but I just had to know what comes next. Restore me was actually really good for me and left me in suspense

message 29: by Jenny (new)

Jenny hi all! I have been joining more groups and looking for readathons that help me knock out my TBR pile. i was wondering if we could do some challenges that you can fit whatever you are reading into. like "who can read the most pages in 24hrs" or "read a book that's been on your TBR for over a year" or just more planned readathons. I do best when i have a challenge and a specific day to do it. Just some ideas from me...thoughts?

message 30: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Jenny wrote: "hi all! I have been joining more groups and looking for readathons that help me knock out my TBR pile. i was wondering if we could do some challenges that you can fit whatever you are reading into...."

thanks for sharing!! I could maybe try a few more planned challenges to see what people think of it. Although I've been quite busy for the last month and my creativity is not at its highest lmao. But I'll see what I can do on my next day off work. I will certainly put the "book that's been on your TBR for over a year". I think most of us need it hahaha!!
I'll try and post the General/TBR pile talk today if I have time. I might just add some challenges here and there, closer to the R-A-T's date. :) Thanks again

message 31: by Jenny (new)

Jenny that sounds awesome! thanks!