My Sister Rosa
This topic is about My Sister Rosa
My Sister Rosa Discussion > Chapters 1-5

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Arianna (new) - added it

Arianna Lekhraj | 136 comments Mod
Comment your thoughts!

message 2: by Nicole (last edited Mar 26, 2018 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
I thought the first chapter was amazing! I am so intrigued. I love how well developed the characters are already, so early on. Rosa in particular (although that's kind of obvious - the book is called My Sister Rosa). I shouldn't laugh but I did when we found out she took the drunk guys passport. I feel like the author is easing us in slowly. I feel like I would have preferred us to get hit in the face by like extreme behaviour but I still found this funny.

Rosa is an incredibly complex character and is so interesting to read about. She's so casual when she tells Che her thoughts and feeling and about what she's done. Also her strange but incredibly intelligent behaviour as a baby! It was nice to get to see that.

The only thing I haven't liked so far is the text message dialogue. It's confusing me a little...

Maria Lopez | 85 comments Mod
I think this is a great start. I’m intrigued with the entire family! I think it’s so weird they call their parents by name & families that constantly move always fascinate me.

Nicole I like gasped when she stole the passport, what a wild child. Lol!

I’m really interested in seeing if she gets diagnosed with anything. I think it’s cool he wants to be a neurologist or psychiatrist(I’m 99% sure it’s all cause of Rosa).

Nicole (a_loverofbooks) (a_loverofbooks) | 170 comments Mod
It is weird but also kind of funny and quirky.

And yes same. I don't know why but I am so envious coming - I have only lived in three homes in my 19 years and my boyfriend has lived in like 13. I always used to want to move schools when I was like 7?8 and as I've got older have always wished I could move to America and go to school there in my teens. But my boyfriend hates that he went to so many schools like Che (and he stayed in the same country). So although I envy Che, I see why he hates moving around.

I also love that he's still friends with his original friends from Australia, even though he moves about. It's really sweet.

Haha YES!!

I agree. He's probably a semi-expert already because he has researched psychology on his own terms.