Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Need readers for "Wishing," a novel about the dark side of winning the lottery

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (last edited Mar 15, 2018 02:06PM) (new)

Jack Doyle (jackdoylebooks) | 2 comments “Wishing” is my third novel, but my first time recruiting beta readers. I have received some helpful feedback from a few people, but I really need fresh eyes on my plot, the characters, the dialogue—all of it.

I started writing in retirement and am now 89. Don’t worry, I have a thick skin. Not sure how this process works, but I have some tech help on my end.

I have a few more novels in progress, but I’d like to wrap up “Wishing” first. (My book designer already designed the cover.)

As for turnaround time, I would like to get feedback in four to five weeks from the time you get the manuscript.

• • • • •

Book's genre: Drama (some suspense)
Word count: 97,000
POV details: Multiple third-person
Kinds of sex scenes: Minimal and not explicit.
Level of violence: Some physical altercations.
Possible triggers readers should be aware of: Some domestic violence.
Number of betareaders wanted: 5 or more

• • • • •

Wishing by Jack Doyle

Charley had been a warehouse manager for almost thirty years when it happened. His wife Jo was working for a small market research firm when everything changed. Two of the kids were out of the house, the youngest was a teenager.

They say money changes everything. Ten million dollars buys a man–or woman—a whole new outlook. Even after your lottery numbers come up, there are winners and losers. Be careful what you wish for.

message 2: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Miner | 3 comments Sounds like something I'd enjoy! My email is ChelseaAnneMiner@gmail.com if you'd like to get in touch to send me the manuscript. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

message 3: by Jack (new)

Jack Doyle (jackdoylebooks) | 2 comments Chelsea wrote: "Sounds like something I'd enjoy! My email is ChelseaAnneMiner@gmail.com if you'd like to get in touch to send me the manuscript. Look forward to hearing from you soon."

Thanks. I'll figure out how to email it tomorow.