Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 60k word Science Fiction Romance

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phila (new)

Phila Page | 3 comments I have two SFR stories (first in series and second in series, each roughly 60k words) that I'm looking for betas for. In terms of "heat" level, there's no major graphic scenes until the second book and not much in the way of graphic violence. I'm currently in the process of writing the final book of the trilogy so there's no rush on the beta reading if someone is interested but can't get through it too fast. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or would like more information!

Here's a blurb for the first:

Elsa McKinnon is a lowly lab tech on the Galileo 6. She wants nothing more than to rise in the ranks of space-scientists posted there but a rivalry with the head Science Officer keeps her from moving up. The situation deteriorates when her sleep becomes disturbed by strange dreams, dreams she believes are messages from the stars. Elsa becomes obsessed by the meaning of these dreams to the point that she is flagged for psy follow up. When it looks like her career is done before it ended, they arrive. And they ask for her.

The blurb for the second one is:

Elsa is the newly minted Cultural Envoy to the Others. Between adjusting to a very new rank in life, conflicts with her coworkers, the politics of the United Government of Earth, and a budding romance with her Other counterpart, Elsa doesn’t know what action to take. She freezes. Unfortunately, indecision creates a power vacuum. And, not everyone is pleased with the arrival of the Others. Elsa has to woman up and become the leader that is needed.

message 2: by Phila (new)

Phila Page | 3 comments Avinash wrote: "Hi Phila,

Would you be interested in trading?

This is a sci-fi romance novel...

A quick synopsis that I'm writing now... Handsome Harsh and the Super Smartglasses

HARSH, a handsome boy fall in..."

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for posting but I have a couple other swaps to work through right now and don't want to take on too much. Good luck!

Phila

message 3: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 1 comments Hi Phila,

I would like to be considered as a beta reader for your books. I usually work in Word Document but can also use Google Docs if you prefer (jkirsten05@gmail.com). Let me know if your interested.

Thanks!

message 4: by Phila (last edited Mar 21, 2018 07:26AM) (new)

Phila Page | 3 comments Joanna wrote: "Hi Phila,

I would like to be considered as a beta reader for your books. I usually work in Word Document but can also use Google Docs if you prefer (jkirsten05@gmail.com). Let me know if your inte..."

Hi Joanna,

Excellent! Thanks for responding! :) I'll email you!

Phila