YA Book Gang!! discussion

Archived Items > August 2014 WCRTM? - Contemporary

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited Aug 07, 2014 09:39PM) (new)

Nicole (onceuponabook2) | 101 comments I just finished My life next door by Huntley Fitzpatrick and it was so good, The romance between Sam and Jase was the cutest thing ever, he was so sweet and kind and understanding. It was slow pacing which was easy to relate too. I found myself wanting to hurt really badly Samantha's mother and that guy clay. I loved Jase family specially his little brother George who was the cutest kid ever.

Total pages: 394

message 2: by Marybeth (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) I just finished Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler and i loved it but i only gave it 4 stars. I think the main character got on my nerves a little bit.

message 3: by Nicole (last edited Aug 07, 2014 09:42PM) (new)

Nicole (onceuponabook2) | 101 comments I just finished Meant to be by Lauren Morrill, I gave it a 4/5 stars, I thought the character Julia was a little too obnoxious and was quick to change the way she was over a boy, I was angry at how she though her life was hard because she was involve in a sort-of-love-square. I loved Jason and his goody personality but sometimes he took things to an extreme, sometimes even acting like a jerk. I didn't see the twist coming at the end but it was exciting.

Total Pages: 292

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (onceuponabook2) | 101 comments I just finished That Summer by Sarah Dessen. I gave it 3/5 because even if the story was well built there wasn't a conclusion to every problem, there was so many questions at the end.
what happened between her and her dad?
what happened with summer?
Her sister annoyed me a lot cause she made everything about her when in reality haven just needed someone there for her

Total pages: 212

Bentoboxcreature22 | 54 comments how does this page work?

message 6: by Nicole (last edited Aug 17, 2014 10:03PM) (new)

Nicole (onceuponabook2) | 101 comments I just finished The Statistical probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith and it was absolute perfection, it was funny and romantic and sad all at the same time, the only thing I disliked was how fast she was at forgiving those who hurt her most (trying to make this spoiler free). I fell completely in with Oliver and completely understood
Hadley

Total pages: 236

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3050 comments Mod
An easy way to tell if your book is listed as contemporary is to click on the book and then scroll down and on the right hand side it says genres - then there's a list that applies to the book. If it's not there then usually the book isn't classed as that genre.

Angela I'm sorry but 2 of the books you posted up weren't classed as contemporary by goodreads. They were Jim Henson's Labyrinth and Rosemary's Baby. Sorry.

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Current Scores:
Nicole - 11
Angela - 2
Aria - 0
Marybeth - 3
Caitlin - 0

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Congrats Nicole!!! You are the winner :) Would you like to pick a theme for September???? :)

message 10: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (onceuponabook2) | 101 comments can we continue with contemporary?

message 11: by Sarah (new)

Ya sure :)

message 12: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (onceuponabook2) | 101 comments Okay then yeah contemporary