English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

NetGalley > Jessica Jarlvi - What Did I Do?

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (last edited Mar 16, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

Ken Fredette (klfredette) | 4405 comments Mod
Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "Wish For It". It will be available on May 1, 2018 according to Amazon for the Kindle Version and they have the cover. Not sure of the April 1 , 2018 date for publication. Can someone put the cover on the April 1, 2018 date?

message 2: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 48 comments Ken wrote: "Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "Wish For It". It will be available on May 1, 2018 ac..."

It’s available on NG US to request now.

message 3: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Carol wrote: "Ken wrote: "Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "Wish For It". It will be available on Ma..."

No, you have to "Wish For It" and the publisher might give you a copy. I don't like this.

message 4: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Ken wrote: "Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "Wish For It". It will be available on May 1, 2018 ac..."

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 48 comments Ken wrote: "Carol wrote: "Ken wrote: "Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "Wish For It". It will be a..."

I requested it and got it within 24 hours.

message 6: by Ken, Moderator (U.S.A.) (new)

Carol wrote: "Ken wrote: "Carol wrote: "Ken wrote: "Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "Wish For It". ..."

It was a wish for on my computer.

message 7: by Carol (new)

Carol (carolfromnc) | 48 comments Ken wrote: "Carol wrote: "Ken wrote: "Carol wrote: "Ken wrote: "Jessica Jarlvi's book What Did I Do? What Did I Do? by Jessica Jarlvi is on NetGalley. Sweden. You have to "..."

So strange. (I’ve been a NG member for 120 days and my feedback percentage is under 50%, so I’m no reviewing rock star.)

I did not read this author’s first novel, but —for whatever it’s worth — I’m unimpressed. She was born in Sweden but now resides in London and wrote this in English, I believe. I’m 35% through and the writing is horrendous, the characters shallow and not believable. I’ll push to finish it but this isn’t the quality I typically encounter with Nordic mysteries/thrillers in translation. I’ll include some of the more egregious examples in my review, for the benefit of other readers judging for themselves.

English Translations of Scandinavian/Nordic...

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

What Did I Do (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jessica Jarlvi (other topics)