THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Remove My Novel

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jayda (last edited Mar 15, 2018 10:56AM) (new)

Jayda Hi,

I've been sending emails and have not gotten any helpful feedback.

When I was 13, I got a free copy of my unpublished book, "Howl" after completing NaNoWriMo and I stupidly listed it as published because I wanted to have an author profile. However, this book has NEVER been published and NEVER WILL be published.

I am going to be seeking publication shortly for a different book and don't want my goodreads profile associated with an unpublished book. I've tried deleting it as I'm a librarian, but it won't let me. The rule that pops up states that I can delete books with less than 5 reviews (which my book only has 3 reviews, all of which are fake) but it still won't let me delete it.

I really want this book removed from goodreads and to no longer have an author profile until I've actually earned it.

How can I proceed?

message 2: by Alexandra (new)

Alexandra | 374 comments Jayda wrote: "Hi,

I've been sending emails and have not gotten any helpful feedback.

When I was 13, I got a free copy of my unpublished book, "Howl" after completing NaNoWriMo and I stupidly listed it as publ..."

Jayda, I suggest you post this over in the Librarians' Group. I'm not sure if this is something a super librarian could handle or not. They may advise there you need to contact Support@GoodReads.com (or via the Contact Us form here). Might start there, actually.

message 3: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Hi Jayda. As you already know, we have a strict policy against removing books from the site, but given that your book was never published, I was able to remove the listing from the site. Accordingly, I've also gone ahead and removed your author status – let us know when your new book is released and we'll re-add you!

message 4: by Jayda (new)

Jayda Jaclyn wrote: "Hi Jayda. As you already know, we have a strict policy against removing books from the site, but given that your book was never published, I was able to remove the listing from the site. Accordingl..."

Thank you so much, Jaclyn! I really appreciate it :)