Crime, Mysteries & Thrillers discussion

Archive - General > Housekeeping

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (last edited Mar 15, 2018 10:12AM) (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Good Morning everyone. I'm sure you've noticed the group looks a bit different this morning. Pardon the dust while I take a couple of days to straighten up and get things in order.

The March Group Read discussion is open. April's Nomination thread is open through March 17th. On the 18th I'll open the poll. As soon as the poll closes I will post May's Nomination thread. I think that knowing further ahead of time what the group read will be allows the members more time to secure a copy of the book.

I am archiving discussions that have been inactive for a year or more. They will still be there but in folders at the bottom of the discussion. If you start a new discussion, please make sure it goes in the right place... if you are not sure, just ask.

Additionally I am deleting expired Giveaways and Deals and discussion that have been started by deleted profiles where the original question/statement is no longer there.

If you have any questions, concerns, suggestion please list them below by replying to this discussion and I'll get to them as quickly as I possibly can.

Thank you for your patience,
Gem

message 2: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn | 12 comments Thanks for all your work on this!

message 3: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Carolyn wrote: "Thanks for all your work on this!"

My pleasure, I'm happy to be in a position to help.

message 4: by Walter (new)

Walter Danley (walterdanley) | 4 comments Hi Gem;
What is the process to submit a novel for the group's read/discussion? Can I offer one of mine? I have two from the Wainwright Mystery series and a standalone that will be released on May 15th. I'd appreciate recieving knowledge from the moderator!
Walter

message 5: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Walter wrote: "Hi Gem;
What is the process to submit a novel for the group's read/discussion? Can I offer one of mine? I have two from the Wainwright Mystery series and a standalone that will be released on May 1..."

If you would like to promote your book, there is a link in the Group Rules & How To . We currently do not permit authors to nominate their own books for group reads.

message 6: by Walter (new)

Walter Danley (walterdanley) | 4 comments Bad news, but I was afraid that was the answer. Thank you for setting me on the right path.

message 7: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 262 comments Is there a list of past reads so we don't nominate something that is not eligible?

message 8: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "Is there a list of past reads so we don't nominate something that is not eligible?"

I will be auditing the bookshelves to be sure all the past reads are on there. Eventually they will be up to date. Until then, I'll double check the nomination entries and announce any that are disallowed in the nomination discussion.

message 9: by Karen (new)

Karen (karen94066) | 262 comments Okay, thanks

message 10: by Gem , Moderator & Admin (new)

Gem  | 1270 comments Mod
My pleasure.