2018 Science Fiction Showcase > J.I. Rogers- Science Fiction Author

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A.F. (new)

A.F. (scribe77) | 369 comments Mod

J.I. Rogers

J.I. Rogers

The Korpes File

The Korpes File contains coarse language, adult themes, and controversial situations such as, but not limited to racism, xenophobia, arranged marriage, genocide, and genetic experimentation. Set against a dystopian sci-fi backdrop, and told from multiple point-of-views, the story centers around the main character's experiences as a genetic anomaly.

"As if being born Diasporan wasn’t enough, Technician Nash Korpes had the bad luck to resemble his Tyran ancestors almost identically in both form, and manner. These traits, though highly prized by the special projects division at the shadowy Korlune Military Research and Development, mark him as a specter from their warlike past. With only his intellect holding his sanity in place, he wages a private war against the entire socioeconomic status quo and begins to uncover the truth that threatens them all."

The Korpes File is the first book in the 942 series.

message 2: by J.I. (new)

J.I. Rogers (j_i_rogers) | 10 comments Welcome to the B2BCYCON for 2018 - I'll be hanging around today, lurking. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Cheers,
J. I. Rogers.

message 3: by J.I. (new)

J.I. Rogers (j_i_rogers) | 10 comments An Introduction To My Writing...
If anyone is interested in reading samples of my work, the first chapter of "The Korpes File" (a 43-minute read) and a short story, "Protocol 9", (a 22-minute read) are available on Medium: https://medium.com/writers-of-the-mul...

message 4: by J.I. (new)

J.I. Rogers (j_i_rogers) | 10 comments

A quote and a test to see if html links to images work...

message 5: by J.I. (new)

J.I. Rogers (j_i_rogers) | 10 comments

Acknowledge the individuals that take the time to read your book and give you honest reviews. It's your readers that will determine the success of your work.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has read and reviewed "The Korpes File". If everything goes as planned, "The Interview" (book 2 in the series) will be released later this year.

message 6: by S.A. (new)

S.A. Gibson (sagibson) | 1 comments Is your world in direct line to Earth in its past?

message 7: by J.I. (last edited Apr 06, 2018 09:30PM) (new)

J.I. Rogers (j_i_rogers) | 10 comments S.A. wrote: "Is your world in direct line to Earth in its past?"

Thank you for asking me something; excellent question.

No. Although similar in some ways to our home planet, my world is not a past or future Earth. Tamyrh is populated by both humanoid and non-humanoid species, most of whom have found themselves still at odds with each other in the retrograde society that remains.

message 8: by J.I. (new)

J.I. Rogers (j_i_rogers) | 10 comments Hey folks! I'm hanging out over at the FB Event; https://www.facebook.com/events/18398...

Drop by, say hi, post stuff, answer things, and I may be convinced to hand out some author swag... :D Yep; like the 'dark side', I have the best cookies.

Brain to Books Cyber Convention (FAIRGROUNDS)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Korpes File (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.I. Rogers (other topics)