What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Olivia's Story (Sweet Valley High, Super Star #4)
This topic is about Olivia's Story
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 80s or 90s teen fiction. Girl with curly hair uses vinyl record as hair accessory, paints abstract art [s]

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (last edited Mar 15, 2018 06:55AM) (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments A teen fiction book from the 80s or 90s. I read it around 1993-96.

I think it was set in a seaside town, and might have been part of a series. One major character was an artistic girl with curly hair. In one chapter she somehow put her hair through the centre hole of a vinyl record and wore the record as a hair accessory/hat. Apparently her hair was curly enough that the record just stayed put.

In another scene she shows one of her abstract paintings to a boy (maybe someone she is dating) and tells him it is called Mother and Child. He doesn't understand and asks if the painting is literally of the mother and child. The girl says, "Sort of?..." and doesn't know how to explain it to him.

That's all I remember. I think it was quite light on plot, maybe a teen summer romance sort of thing. There were a lot of descriptions of the girl's art studio and the paintings that she did. The record hair thing has stuck in my mind for years, for some reason. Any help appreciated!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1531 comments You are right, Ayshe. One of the GR reviews mentions the record hair accessory, and I found a recap online that mentions the Mother & Child painting too.

Thanks, been trying to remember this for years!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Olivia's Story (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Francine Pascal (other topics)