Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

The Beacon Thrones Companion Guide
Book Cover Help > Help with changing incorrect book cover

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by N.R. (new) - added it

N.R. Eccles-Smith (whimwerecat) | 10 comments Hi GR Librarians,
I have noticed that one of my books has the incorrect cover on it. I have no idea how that happened (I don't even remember adding the information for this book into goodreads).
Currently, it has the cover for the first Companion Guide I published; but The Beacon Thrones Companion Guide is the second Comp Guide and has a purple cover.
Also, I'm not sure if this book is properly joined to my author account; I couldn't see it in the list of my books and I had to manually search for it.
If you're able to fix these issues, I would be very grateful.

message 2: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments Hi NR,

It is definitely linked to your author account, but it's been incorrectly combined. I have separated them. Also, the green cover is a result of a bad cover upload to Amazon. See the Amazon listing page:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/099...

Goodreads gets regular database updates from Amazon, so if there's bad data on Amazon, it trickles over to here too sometimes. Do you have a link to the correct cover image?

message 3: by N.R. (new) - added it

N.R. Eccles-Smith (whimwerecat) | 10 comments Z-squared wrote: "Hi NR,

It is definitely linked to your author account, but it's been incorrectly combined. I have separated them. Also, the green cover is a result of a bad cover upload to Amazon. See the Amazon ..."

Hi!
Thanks for getting back to me. Yeah, I checked the link and you're right; Amazon have put up the wrong cover for the book! I don't even know how that could have happened; I checked the meta data for the book (via Lightning Source), and it is correct.
Anyway, I've gone and reported the mistake to Amazon, so hopefully that will be fixed soon.
As for a link to the correct book cover, you can find the right cover here, on the Dragon Calling website book page: https://dragoncalling.wordpress.com/b...
Hope that helps. If you need anything else, please let me know.
Thank again for your help.

message 4: by Wynn (new)

Wynn (wynnga) | 1074 comments Obvious wrong cover image (Kin Seeker Companion Guide) removed and replaced with correct cover image for The Beacon Thrones Companion Guide (from author website)

message 5: by N.R. (new) - added it

N.R. Eccles-Smith (whimwerecat) | 10 comments Wynn wrote: "Obvious wrong cover image (Kin Seeker Companion Guide) removed and replaced with correct cover image for The Beacon Thrones Companion Guide (from author website)"

Thank you so much! I really appreciate your help. :)