Into the Forest discussion

Stardust
This topic is about Stardust
Previous Group Reads > Stardust spoiler free

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jalilah | 4352 comments Mod
This is the spoiler free thread for our March 15-May 14 Gateway/Portal themed group read Adult Novel winner, Stardust

Kelsey | 84 comments I've just started this and am so far liking it more than anything else I've read by Gaiman. I liked the movie when I saw it several years ago, but have forgotten a lot about it.

Jalilah | 4352 comments Mod
Kelsey wrote: "I've just started this and am so far liking it more than anything else I've read by Gaiman. I liked the movie when I saw it several years ago, but have forgotten a lot about it."

I actually like the movie more than the novel. When I saw it I had not read Gaiman yet. The first novel of his I read was Anansi Boys and I was under impressed. I thought it was okay, but by that time I'd heard all the hype about him and had high expectations. Then I read Stardust which I liked more, however the only Gaiman book I really loved up to now was The Ocean at the End of the Lane.

Mary Catelli | 869 comments I have to say that he's a little slow on the uptake. Most boys should have figured out something was up when he had a sister six months his junior.